Welcome back, Shadow Priest, we miss you!

Not going to address each other those single posts.

So I will lump it here…

What seems to be the case (which is why I made my post in the 2k+ thread last night) is that the current implementation of Shadows talent tree is quite obviously NOT finished. It was rushed, it is broken and its still missing things.

All of your concerns with “Mind Spike” will be resolved. The “Feature” of it stripping dots is a “balancing” tool because of how HARD Mind Spike will be hitting. Its Supposed to hit HARD. The method of them achieving this be it changing mastery, amping up DA, Shadow Orbs, Talent Modifiers or base damage or a mixture of any/all those things will bring it in line to have a clear “Burst” window playstyle.

All the issues of it not working well right now on Beta is not the issue with “Mind Spike” as a concept, its the symptom of an incomplete Shadow Talent Tree.

Fix the bugs and complete the implementation and it will no longer be an issue.

2 Likes

Thats not a fun balancing tool. Just lower the numbers.

I rather have fun clean smooth interaction between builds and spells.

Yes things are subjective to change cuze it is beta and which is why things are not completed. That’s why I am giving this feedback.

I repeat, stripping away your DOTS IS NOT FUN.

2 Likes

The major issue for players I believe was the “get into Voidform” didn’t match good timings. So the change could be like Ravenous Frenzy, you don’t build insanity to cast it, is just like nowadays voidform, a button to press that enters Voidform.
Then we could solve the gameplay inside voidform, it increases the power how much you stay within it, haste is still the best because is the only stat that changes gameplay.
The how much it lingers can be:

• Every insanity point spent increases Voidform duration by a minor amount
  • Every cast increases the duration (as ravenous frenzy legendary)
  • Void bolt extends
1 Like

That was one of my issues in BFA with old voidform even though it was diff from legion. I had issues getting into it when I needed to, and then being able to take full advantage of the power gains. But in pvp, most people just CC you through it.

But Ryeshot would be best to say what would probably work. I’m not a void form Fanatic, I am just empathizing in admiration of her Resolve for such playstyle.

But to me, this sounds fine. I think this could all fit in those 3 nods that Voidform already has.

2 Likes

Pay attention to the SW:P numbers… then pay attention to what happens when he swaps to Holy

Then if you want the full breakdown of Voidform Design issue…

Now you can see what he thinks of the new talents “thus far”

TL:DR…

Voidform just cant compete, its broken on so many levels.

I am sure the points he makes is data Blizzard is aware of which I would assume is playing a major factor in the push for this step back to Pre Voidform days.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-priests/1279512/150
Just dropping cause that’s just one of the best design solutions

2 Likes

Yeah i skimmed read it. I am not a dev nor getting paid to fix this so i didn’t Dissect it like my job depended on it lmao. Thats for the devs to execute.

But like what i am saying is, VOidform has 3 nodes for itself. Can’t those three nods include passives that bring this back to life? I think its more than enough no?

2 Likes

But then you’d be getting rid of part of our burst without Voidform.
:frowning_face:

1 Like

Naw you can still burst. Don’t forget your dots will still be there as well.

It will be bursty but it wont be a DESTRUCTION BOLT bursty.

This is SHADOWFORM.
We can’t have

AFF, DEMONOLOGY, AND DESTRUCTION all in one spec. This is what shadow is doing right now and its ridiculous lmao. Like lets be real here x].

I need this.

1 Like

lmao Idk man, thats another spec enitrely.

1 Like

Yea… How shadow was for 10+ years. and primarily in Cata… which is what the new talent tree is heavily leaning into.

You seem to think that “shadow” is what “shadow” has been for the past 3 expansions. Yet your ignoring that Shadow was completely different prior to that and since then, its has been met with massive failing issues time and time again.

It seems to me, they are cutting ties with the never-ending issues of Voidform and going back to when it was the most competitive while bringing it up to a more modern take.

3 Likes

I honestly think thats just you projecting cata.

I see many itterations of shadows that have not been modernized. this is my view of it.

And i see simple solutions to a problem. Like removing mind spikes removal of dots.

And i see shadow tyring to be 3 aff warlocks into one spec. Which will ultimately beckons it doom.

2 Likes

They won’t play the same even with Mind Spike being as is and as Aneurysm said, it’s worked perfectly fine previously. Saying Shadow is trying to be Aff/Demo/Destro is silly considering the playstyles for those 3 are completely different to what we’re seeing in the new tree.

We’re not building/spending like a Warlock and spamming Mind Spike AT MOST you’ll be casting 2 and you could easily reapply DoTs with Damnation/Misery/Unfurling Darkness.

1 Like

You didn’t bother watching the vids I linked did you?

That is not an opinion, that is factual data that shows just how horrible Voidform version of Shadow is.

You seem to be the one wearing blinders.

2 Likes

I watched it don’t assume.

I personally am not having issues with Shadows DMG output right now in PVP. I’ve been abel to kill healers alone.

I play AFF and Shadow priest. ANd i can say that shadow has much more single target Power and control.

AFF takes time and requires someone to babysit you (healer) to get its strength out. Even with its broken iteration right now.

As shadow I have single target power and Defence. Voidform just adds a faster ramp up to my dmg. I’ve even been able t o kill locks 1v1. SP is at a diff level when it comes to single target power and control.

1 Like

That works both ways too, though. If we are going with a “what has shadow always been,” shadow has always been about dots far, far more than direct damage. Because dots have always been central to Shadow, by extinguishing your dots, the anti-dot Mind Spike talent conflicts with shadow’s 10+ year design far more than Voidform.

Mind Spike and a heavy direct-damage playstyle was very much a short-lived tangent during Cata, and the lifespan of Voidform was three times as long as Mind Spike.

That’s not to say that Voidform should trump everything and Mind Spike/DA should go. Voidform should remain as an end-tier choice, with DA being an equally powerful choice end-tier choice and Mind Spike/Mind Melt/etc being talents immediately preceding/pathing to it.

I get that people don’t prefer Voidform, and that’s totally legitimate. We should have options to opt out of it and go with different builds. But given that dots have always been central to shadow, the position that the anti-dot Mind Spike/DA playstyle is more central/in-line with Shadow’s identity than Voidform is simply not the case.

6 Likes

That’s not even fair. Holy is a healer and not a DPS.
Numbers of singular things like this don’t matter, is like cutting things out of the picture.

Though it failed before too. Both iterations were around about the same time, and all of them have failed at some point so they changed…

1 Like

There hasn’t been enough time to watch them since I linked them…

He is a multi rank 1 shadow priest player.

He shows how hard it is when he plays Shadow “his primary and best spec” compared to on his subpar warlock.

He shows that SW:P does LESS damage in Shadow then it does in Holy.

ffs man, how do you not see this as a problem with Shadow?

If I took a mallet and bashed it against a stone wall to break through and you used your head… sure both will eventually get the job done. But at what cost? You shouldn’t have to get a concussion to get the same result as me with just a handle of swings.

I skimmed, not everything he was saying was worth the time investment. More like endless ranting. I cut to the point. The last video I also watched fully days before trying to see how DF SP are cuz i have no beta.

he clearly is not a good source of INTEL. Sorry.

1 Like