Weekly Looting should change

Weekly looting is damaging the game and making the casual players be at the same level as a hardcore player. Right now you can run a +15 and take 3 hours to complete it, and get the same reward as someone that completes it within 15 minutes. Plus you can run as many keys as you want and it will only count your highest key during the week for the chest. And if you want to take full advantage of it and get double weekly loot, you have to PvP too.

They should use a new system based on score. Depending on the key you run and the time you took, you get a score. Each time you run a dungeon, you add points to that score. And at the end of the week, you get loot based on that score. This would reset weekly, and could also mix PvP and Raiding. Getting a big loot with some pieces. Making it easier for PvP players to get PvE looting and vice versa. Removing the “I log in once per week to get my chest”.
Something that could help is that if you can select your dungeon for looting. Maybe you want that SoTS trinket so badly, but end up with an AD one, even if you didn’t run that dungeon during the week

I think it would be better to keep the weekly loot - including weekly lockout raid loot - and get rid of all the other loot.

Yes to weekly rewards only counting timed keys

No to weekly rewards requiring accumulation of keys, that’s just to fluff up MAU numbers

M+ rewards also need to keep scaling baseline beyond 465 up to +20

Also delete the soulbound keystone system already, it’s terrible

1 Like

This would encourage “oh we wiped on trash midway through the run, ill just drop and get another group that aces it” mentality

Our best bet is to run it like a raid, put a team together, make a schedule and stick to it. Communicate when you can’t make it, and have a bench

1 Like

Yeah if over-time runs didn’t give loot/count towards the weekly chest every group would fall apart after the second or third death. Or people would just drop group if the tank is pulling too slowly, or whatever. There has to be at least some incentive to stay even if it doesn’t look like you’ll time the key.

1 Like

I have timed plenty of big keys with10-25 deaths. Timed a 21 junkyard with 12 deaths yesterday and we did significant portions without shock bots because of when the deaths were too. Had like 2 mins leftwhen we timed it. Oh and the dh who died on the last boss had his weapon break so he did like no damage in the burn and we still 1 phased it.
Idk why people think they need to play perfectly to tile keys because they don’t.

1 Like

You should.

People get so pissy if the route I’m taking isn’t the same one they watched on esports tv.

PSA to those people: be quiet and we’ll time the key. Run your mouth and watch it burn.

4 Likes

Same sentiment and Metro brought it up in a video in a way I really liked. “Would you rather I run the dungeon the same way I have 50+ times or try to decipher your strats mid key?”.

1 Like

I really hated running pug Halls of Valor keys back in legion and have dps pull random mobs because “we need %” even though the route I would take (excluding teeming because it screws up pathing. -_-) would make us have exactly 100% trash clear when we fight Skovald.

I think it speaks to a larger social problem of tanks not being given the benefit of the doubt.

It’s not just routing but timing as well. Waiting for combat to end for Necrotic to drop stacks; not pulling more than 5 at a time because I know the DPS will melt the mobs regardless of how many Bursting stacks there are, etc. Sometimes the DPS will get itchy and pull for me when there is a legitimate reason for waiting a split second; there is a reason for almost every action (or inaction) you perform as a tank, and I think it’s something non-tank players don’t realize.

3 Likes

Sometimes you wait for the healer to get mana as they have ran out. However they just stand around daydreaming so you pull the next set of trash and the healer says “I needed mana, idiot!”.

And you are like, “I wanted for X seconds for you to drink and you didn’t, so I pulled”.

Happened to me a few times in pugs.

1 Like

You get 3s as a healer to mana up (8 on bursting). If you don’t sit, not my problem. I assume you’re comfortable with your low mana. I ran a key last week where the healer was oom after every second pull. Check the meter, 65M overhealing as a holy priest. Watch everyone’s hp at full, healer mana drops 10%.

I’ll teach you to play by making you think about your heals while sitting at 15%. I don’t even need much healing in a 15 anyway. :wink:

1 Like

Neither do I for the most part. Unless it is shrine. Too many casters!!!

Just use your infinite interrupts to… Oh wait. Funny story, I was healing a key for my friends on alts and they scuffed the second boss pretty bad. They had to admit that I make that fight an absolute joke. My best attempt was all but 2 interrupts.

1 Like

kinda why we have raiderIO, you may have the gear some how, but not the experience

They don’t realize it. There is so little crossover between tanking and doing DPS roles beyond following some basic damage output priority system. Beyond that there is relatively no leadership, routing or responsibility expected of DPS players.

I ran a TD 16 on my bear last night (my key) and the DPS wanted me to pull all the crocs at once. I assume they forgot the rapid debuff they stack up that reduces your max health that will eventually 1-2 shot you. This is on top of all the crabs smashing your face. So they wanted me to pull big right off the bat but also not die, so I would have to somehow kite most of the time while maintaining high threat on 10+ targets. When everything blew up in our face in the matter of seconds of course their response was “DUDE WTF !?!!?” Completely clueless statements from people who have probably never tanked beyond faceroll LFD garbage.

I’ll say it again. Things like MDI and top M+ streamers have completely destroyed and warped the expectations of the average pug M+ DPS player. They seriously delude themselves thinking they are even a fraction of the skill of the people they idolize and watch. These same people are lucky to cast a utility spell beyond a simple interrupt, and are more worried about macros like “OMFG I’M ABOUT TO BUST” or metamorphosis timers instead of the AOE under their feet about to delete them.

5 Likes

Imagine to wait a whole week for your box only to get nothing useful out of it but currency.

Makes multi classing really horrible

Very true. I feel like the DPS expects more of me (tank) than I expect from them.

1 Like

You expect things from DPS pugs? I’d advise against that.

3 Likes