Weekly enh shaman buff attempt

Those are my favorite mail shoulders in the game and I have every version of them. I use them often in my mogs.

1 Like

I want to love playing my shaman, and at times I do. Mostly due to thunderstorm being so effective in Nazjatar…

I hate to say that being a frost DK is more fun in PvP right now, but I just did.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad… being a naked gnome with 1 ability in your bars is better than being an enh shaman atm. We just need to get blizzards attention and remind them daily that we need help with our survivability.

I’ve been playing my shaman more lately, because I’ve already done most of the work for pathfinder on this guy.

2 Likes

personally i’d really like to see enhancement get more than one button. Current enhancement is too focused on stormstrike, it’s really all that you use for damage with the rest of your abilities just filling the gaps between stormstrikes.

1 Like

There is another build, more focused on flame strike, that does really well. The problem with a SS build is so much RNG. If they would reduce the stormbringer procs to half, and reduce the CD by 25-33%, and convert the damage to nature, to match the name, the rotation would smooth out, but the damage would go up enough to justify few procs. More maelstrom would be great, too.

What build is it? Link?

It’s the primal primer build on icyviens. A huge focus on flamestrike, hailstorm, and totem mastery.

The enh rng is disgusting but we have to take baby steps. I would focus on survivability first since we melt at the site of any danger atm. I would focus on healing while fighting style since that’s what we do anyways. No point in breaking the rotation to heal and on top of that force us to spend our dps resource to heal. I would let wolfs

1: allowed wolfs to heal us once again. It helps to continue dpsing without breaking our dmg flow.

2: give back shamanistic rage. Dk/.warrior/paladin/rogue/monk all have an ability they pop and continue fighting, this should be a no brainer. It was really good for us to have that.

3: buff healing surge by idk, 20% to start and see if that’s ok? I don’t want to heal a ton with it but when you have a healing ability you rather not put in your bars to use other stuff… that’s sad. How can healing surge heal for less than idk… bloodthirst lol ? And warriors do it while fighting.

My Shaman has been neglected and really only being used as a rep farmer because it has the highest Alliance reps of all my characters.

I mained Shaman Enhancement when BFA first came out, prior to that i was an ele main. Now Enhancement just doesn’t do enough of anything and ele’s rotation doesn’t feel comfortable to me.

Enhancement used to be enjoyable in solo content and for whatever reason i feel more squishy than pretty much anything.

2 Likes

Came back from legion to play some wow to see whats up, took me about 2-3 weeks to level up and find some decent gear, just to get demolished in World PvP by pretty much every other class. Compared to DKs, Paladins,Demon Hunters, or any other Melee Class , Shamans have like crippled abilities compared to them. Weak defense, Weak Heals, Weak Dots, Weak 1v1 CC. I played with all the Talents possible but simply can’t out perform any other classes with similar gear to mine.

3 Likes

the design intent behind shaman is a warrior/spellcaster hybrid with spellcaster taking center stage, so i think shamans should get a few more things to help them survive like a spellcaster should have. First, an absorb shield cooldown instead of a damage reduction cooldown, something to help handle crowds of enemies, maybe making Hex instant and not have a long cooldown, for Enhancement, Lava Lash and Storm Strike should have a 20 yard range similar to flametongue and rockbiter, and some burst mobility to get us out of danger fast like bringing back Gusts of Winds

3 Likes

One could only hope. I’d be ok with a bit of survivability at this point, replace static totem for lightning lasso, let wolfs heal and give shamanistic rage back?

You remember 2 handed enhance in vanilla PvP?

Sit down.

I honestly would be happy with a bit of survivability. Some more healing and I’ll take all the stupid rng design any day. I just don’t went to melt and be useless.

1 Like

What does that have to do with today’s issues?

Lol I was wondering the same thing but I’ll take every comment I’m hopes a blue sees this post

3 Likes

The biggest irony is that it’s a rogue complaining about 2H enhance from vanilla.

1 Like

You weren’t there.

Enhance shaman stalked the land. They carried huge, nasty two-handed weapons, which they won on rolls which should have gone to warriors or Pallies (at least Hunters didn’t get them). With these stolen artifacts, they would smite the unfortunate, windfury proccing windfury and their “foe” would be gone. Only to logout and run the the forums, these forums, which dripped with the tears of the vanquished.

The crying and gnashing of teeth on the forums was deafening. Developers got fired. Servers crashed. Players quit.

And then, in the midst of this chaos, Blizzard acted. And acted. And acted. Every change to enhancement shaman since those glorious days (yes friends, I was one of them) has been in response to the QQ on the forums about two handed enhance. Every nerf, every failure to buff, every act taken by Blizz was taken with an eye to ensuring melee Shaman would never rise to power again.

So call out, brother, and ask for buffs. Demand then. Threaten to quit. I have seen it all. Your voice will never eclipse the cosmic background QQ about two handed enhancement PvP still resonating from Vanilla.

1 Like

It was crap if you didn’t have hammer of ragnarok really but cool nonetheless. Buff enh shaman survivability plz…

3 Likes