Weapons disappearing with Covenant cloaks

In case anyone hasn’t noticed: Covenant cloaks are now in the appearances section of collections! However, there seems to be a bug - or worse an intended consequence when using the cloaks. If you sheathe your weapons while the dressing room is up, it also sheathes your weapons in the dressing room. If you have your weapons unsheathed, put a preview of a covenant cloak on, then sheathe your weapons again, your weapons disappear! This seems to only be an issue with weapons that sheathe on your back (2H weapons, certain 1H weapons, and almost all weapons used by monks). The covenant cloaks also hide your hard-earned mage tower exclusive weapon mogs! Some people may like this, others not so much. I asked around and most would choose their weapons before the covenant cloaks if this is truly implemented. I personally wouldn’t mind this being a toggle or (somehow) a transmog option.

I have made a poll to help Blizz see exactly what people think about it:
strawpoll .me/35189869 (without spaces of course)

Please share this around! I truly think this is a slap in the artist’s face by forcing people to choose between weapons and the new cloaks.

1 Like

Yes I noticed that. Very weird/bad decision. Don’t even bother with the fancy cloaks if they hide all 2 handed weapons.

I’ve been trying to get this some traction. I guess it’ll just have to wait until people start seeing their weapon transmogs disappearing. Especially those with their mage tower exclusives.

Old bug that is still happening today.

It’s kind of…not a bug tho. Anything sheathed on your back will be overwritten by the appearance of the ‘‘cloak’’.
Not saying it’s good like that, the opposite in fact, I wish I could have both! :frowning:

I remember reading, somewhere(don’t quote me on that) it was because of the clipping issue.

Like, if WoW never had that problem before, since the start in fact >___>
… Oh well.
Don’t count on that to be fixed, since it never was broken in the first place.

1 Like

Weapons disappearing on back with certain back appearances is a design choice as much as it is a limitation. The extra weapon/shield slots are being used for a skeletal mesh actor, I.E Wings / Blades that are animated, which takes up the available slots for 1 weapon, 1 shield, and the cloak model itself.

There’s some odd stuff that happens when items on back are displayed while a skinned mesh is also in place. So it’s easier to set these items to hide than have to redo the character skeleton to display more objects without breaking.