Weapon world quests?

What has happened to the open work quests with weapons as their reward? Not a single one up this week, and if memory serves me there wasn’t one last week either.
Considering the rarity of probably weapon tokens this leaves those of us who enjoy open world content far out in the cold.

Were there even weapon rewards from WQ? I seem to recall getting weapons from Valdrakken weekly chest and… various other odd things like Cobalt Assembly rares, but were there ones directly from WQ?

I haven’t really looked at world quests lately, but I will just say RNG is RNG. Often times the WQ gear rewards for me were duplicates of other WQ rewards. As in, two of the same bracers from WQ’s on the same map.

Get the weapons from the elemental overflow vendor and upgrade them if you aren’t finding any token drops on the Forbidden Reach.

2 Likes

There were weapons from world quests, some pretty good with their own transmogs.
Thank you for the hint about the vendor in Valdraken, I had entirely forgotten about him!

I had three on the shaman last week. An agi fist or axe (I can’t remember which) and an int staff the first half of the week, then the same int staff but higher ilevel the second half of the week.

Haven’t looked around this week to see who has what, if anything.

why you can’t clear open world content ?

Also, there is a vendor on the Forbidden Reach who sells boxes for 2000 overflow, those will contain either keys or random gear tokens. It IS another form of RNG, but those tokens are automatically upgraded once from the 359 stuff, and if you are killing rares in the zone you are most likely flush with overflow.

1 Like

I’ve sent 6 primalist weapon tokens to alts in the last week. All I seem to get are weapon tokens or mail armor tokens – and I have a single mail class alt :frowning:

There is no difficulty clearing open world content, however getting new gear is kind of essential to the wow experience isn’t it? I personally think there are a lot of open world players, all with their own reasons for preferring it.

World quests, primalist weapon tokens and other caches all want to give me 1h weapons for some reason. :confused:

ive seen WQ for weapons but most were for an offspec - havent seen any recently though but mos tof the characters i play are also 70s and prob have better than what a WQ could offer