Weakauras for multiboxing and boosting

Greetings,

This video explains the use of Weakauras for other players to control a different character by the use of the chat group. The use of software to mirror commands in another account is bannable and Weakauras should be addressed.

3 Likes

Wanna grief a raid…

in the middle of a big encounter type !!follow in chat.

Youll wipe the squad. Have fun!

2 Likes

whats the point of this OP? we already know its bannable and Blizzard act on it on occasion. There’s also addons which permits this.
Should we also ban addons ?

The functionality should be eliminated

3 Likes

I don’t think they can do that without breaking every addon.

The only thing they can really do is target ban addons and say that X weakarua is banned.

Honestly if they broke every addon we would quickly find out who’s good and who’s crutching on the addons

4 Likes

We would find out how bad everyone is more like

i was being nice

2 Likes

All they have to do is remove the ability to have follow be put on a text movement.

Like you cant macro a jump or movement. Just need to make follow be like that. Very simple fix tbh

1 Like

good ? in classic ?

I dont think you guys knew what input broadcast was or what it did soooo Im not gonna explain it.
Btw this aura does’nt do anything even close to be bannable

1 Like

All for removing addons, I think it would be hilarious

3 Likes

There are players out there who are very good, and those out there that are utter crap, and the rest of us who’re someplace between those extreme. Just because you have seen tons of bad players with high parses or ratings does not mean jack.

Games can be ultra simple and have immense skill caps, similar to Classic WoW. As for the parses, well that’s more to do with group comp and getting a few zugz to do their thing the right way for 90 sec.

1 Like

Legit I would pay 20 bucks a month for the next year to just to watch the blood bath of crying and “OMG Blizzard you broke the game / my class / excuse here”

4 Likes

The crying would be just as bad when they announced season of mastery with no world buffs.

There were some crybabies but the experience was really good, but didnt bug me because im not terrible and can do fight mechanics .

Ask the average wow player the difference between a bot and a multiboxer and 9/10 they don’t know the difference.

3 Likes

Well lets be very fair here; many multibox players of the past were basically botting even if you want to claim software that mimics key press is “legit”; the problem was in most cases they were also using 3rd party key press macro (not wow macro) this gave them the ability to basically script their rotations to a point.

Other MB players were even using lazy larry lua hacks and scripts in addition to honor buddy, so lets not pretend MB has been “clean”

That was against the rules due to it not being true with the 1 keypress 1 action. The keyboard / mouse software was performing something for you… aka botting.

That is considered botting and again… has always been against the rules cause it’s playing the game for you AND in this case, editing the game files (aka hacking).

True MB software all it did was you pushed button 1 on screen one, and the other however many did the same singular button press. That’s it. The issue came in is when botters took that software and did what you mentioned with it. They had to put their foot down and just simply state what they did.

I would imagine it made it difficult too in order for reports to be done / find full blown bots.

I still MB within the new rules (all manually no software or hardware weirdoness), which per a GM’s response in may of last year, is totally fine to do.

4 Likes

“I’m unable to play efficiently so nobody else should be able to either.”

1 Like