"We want to respect time investment for legendaries"

Remember when Ion said this in regards to balancing legendaries and how careful they needed to be to respect people’s time invested I those legendaries?

Then 9.1 introduces domination sockets… good one, I actually believed him for a change.

95 Likes

I’m indifferent about it.
Stretches feet in the air and wiggles toes

12 Likes

I’m slightly (maybe more than slightly) annoyed that i will have to recraft my legendary which bankrupted me at the time and all my alt i care enough to get a legendary are in the same boat too except for that one rogue who use a ring (which wasnt considered optimal at the time but now it seem it was a good pick after all…)

6 Likes

I mean, the current best legendary for me uses head/shoulders, I made both. My PvP legendary? Pants. I think the only legendaries that I have that could go in rings are for specs I don’t play or are limited towards heavy AoE content. Domination sockets? Well, there’s one slot I’m not going to have them in.

2 Likes

I also remember no more new systems beyond what you see in beta as well.

Oh well.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

47 Likes

Ion has done nothing but lie and flip-flop on things since he was hired.

73 Likes

Sadly this is the truth.

4 Likes

i paid 500k for my legendary on this toon fun times knowing dang well the stuff is going to be crazy expensive again imagine people quitting cause they can’t afford a legendary. awesome design right there cause there’s alot of people that don’t have lots of gold.

14 Likes

I truly dream of the day Ion is gone, but fear who replaces him.

33 Likes

anything said before the drought and subsequent tsunami of dissatisfaction is irrelevant they are going to do whatever they need to to get people to reinvest in the game. that’s why they doubled ash gains and made the tower a rollover. will it work? who knows i just know they don’t want this to be a 1 patch x pac and the rain of goodies is just beginning

3 Likes

Ion says a lot of things…You can’t take to heart what he says because in the end, it’s nothing but snake oil.

26 Likes

Such an easy fix, just let us dismantle and refund the ashes…even just half would be an improvement. They could make it a 1 time deal, if they dont want people to abuse it somehow.

9 Likes

But then how will they get more time played out of us? Are you suggesting you’re here to have fun and not do chores? This is a video game! What are you thinking?

21 Likes

I thought I’d come over and view the growing dissatisfaction this evening.

I installed the trial of FF14 on Saturday and now I have the full game. It’s in maintenance at the moment.

Having spent 30 or so hours in their world… this one smells positively rotten by comparison. I don’t care which game is actually better.

One of them simply isn’t depressing to log into right now.

Ion flat out mangled a great game-scape into the narrow view he has of MMO gaming. All players suffer for it, even the players who support his vision. Keep driving away the rank and file and it no longer matters who the elite players are.

It’s like I’ve always thought IRL: If there are no “squares” left, then how do you know who’s cool?"

34 Likes

My voice probably does not matter to someone like Ion, though not for the same old hyperbolic rhetoric of ‘raid or die’.

Still, of all the things that have needled me (not enough to quit mind you), this has to be the most exasperating.

Perhaps it s because I still cannot bring myself to enjoy Torghast and the Maw?

I dunno… Anyroadup. ‘Dissatisfied’ barely wets my toes on this domination slot issue.

6 Likes

Ion usually means the opposite of what he says. It’s some sort of weird game he likes to play with people.

4 Likes

You know they already disrespected my legendary because back in 9.0.5 they buffed a couple of the other ones so the one I made is not best in slot anymore.

But no way am I going to grind another one.

I was like go back to torgast no way. Do more Maw for another socket, no thank you. To top it off I don’t want to pay some random guy on the AH another 100k for the crafted piece again.

3 Likes

Hype and eloquentlyspeaking are his weapons. Flip flopping and change of tone is very disrespectful. He should be held accountable since devs decided short term systems were best 10 years ago instead of more “evergreens”

4 Likes

I mean given Ion’s professional history, believing anything he says is always risky.

But hey, at least it should be absolutely crystal clear to anyone who still had doubts given they’ve not yet said anything on this issue and it’s 7 days till patch. They do not give the smallest crap about you as a player, you’re a metric to them and they will milk you for as long as you let them. They do not care about your feedback or input on the game, they think they know best and there’s likely a rampant belief across management (and well at this rate possibly the actual dev team) that the playerbase are as dumb as rocks and the feedback we’re giving couldn’t possibly be close to accurate.

21 Likes

Well they do know their, I want to min max player base will grind up another legendary cause they want to min max.