More Customization!

I want. Merging of similar races on the same faction. Mostly allied races.
Tauren-

• highmountain mixed in with base tauren
  • Grimtotem customization (tattoos and unique evil horns) new class rogue
  • Feltotem customization and new classes like warlock
  • Yaungol bodytype and customization
  • Taunka bodytype and customiization
    Orcs
  • Merging of maghar assets
  • Dragonmaw customization
  • Mok’nathal bodytype/customization

Trolls

• Zandalari assets mixed with base trolls (giving males another bodytype option)
  • Blood troll tattoos/hairstyles
  • loa based tattoos
  • loa features/blessings

Forsaken

• lepergnome bodytype/mini skeletons
  • undead rangers/high elves bodytype/ night elves bodytype
  • undead human dk bodytype (undead human skin tones at least), with Nathanos like skin tones as well
  • full skeleton models

Blood Elves

• San’layn customization (Vampiric undead)
  • Dark Ranger Customization (undead high elf)
  • Fel Elf Customization (Varying degrees of fel corruption like the demonic elves in the BC raids)
  • Holy touched, light tattoos light/arcane based tattoos.
  • Runic tattoos, and magic weaved hairstyles

Goblin

• Kelfin bodytype and or customization. - new class druids for aquatic druids of gral and coral ancients.
  • Eel based kelfin skins, aquatic kelfin that shock and use lightning magic/ as light magic. new class paladins
  • Cyborg goblin customization
  • new type of goblin, hellgoblins, Goblins with fiery molten skins (like the magma junkrat skins) and little devil wings
  • mud goblins skins (more brown/dark black and grey skin tones)

Pandaren

• different fur colors like green, red, yellow, purple, cyan, sky blue etc. Some pink shade
  • Polar bear fur colors (mane options)
  • painted fur tattoos
  • Belly tattoos

Human

• Kul Tiran body type options (combine available classes)
  • Skinny body type option
  • ability to choose accents
  • ability to pick different fighting animations/ smoother running animations
  • more artifical hair colors
  • tattoos

Dwarf

• dark iron mixed customization (body type?)
  • Wildhammer druids addition
  • Metal dwarf skins/customization/ new voices
  • frost dwarf customization, icicle beards, cryobreath and blue liquid ice eyes modified dark iron models with blue, purple, white, grey, pink, dark blue skin tones

Night Elf

• druids of the flame skin tones and customization
  • feral night elf worgen bodytype (you would unlock night elf worgen customization and choose the bodytype in the barbershop) with unique night elf twist
  • highborne customization improvements (may share assets with nightborne in stuff like the hairstyles/eyes.

Gnome
-Mechagnome mixed assets with improvements such as picking how many limbs are mechanical.

• full robot customization (like the ulduar mechagnomes). Different metal types for skin tones, different colors for lights such as the exos from destiny.
  • Sand gnome/pgymy body type, more darker skin tone color variation, and sand like skin - these gnomes would value gold and stuff like sun worship which unlocks paladins for gnomes
  • Lepergnome custoimzation shared with forsaken leper gnomes. This would be a bifactional customization unlock for gnomes or forsaken.

Draeni

• Lightforged mixed assets combining available class options. (finally light forged monks! T’paartos would be proud)
  • New bodytype and customization broken (normal), fel touched (eredar red/orange/dark green, grey, black light grey, light green), shadowtouched (argus).
    Feralfen druids - new class druids

Worgen

• add tails please
  • new bodytype gnolls
  • lizard cursed humans (like reptillian bulky lizard men) or different type of animal.

Vulpera

• more fur colors like the foxes in the shadowlands (all those skin tones)
  • cosmetic features that feature skulls/tails of their enemies such as maybe some bone ornaments
  • more tail options including different types and many more then one tails (maybe up to like 9 tails)
  • Ardenweald fox spirit customization (like some unatural blues, greens, glowing eyes, shiny blue auras from silhouettes)
  • face tattoos

Nightborne

• felborne customization
  • arcane hair (sorta like void elf hair with arcane tips and or changing colors such as purple/ white/ pink/ blue/ rainbow/ primsatic arcane)
  • arcane/fell silhouette magic border tips like the nightborne npcs.
  • foot jewlery (something like the blood elves but floating around the feet like rings or floating behind or in front of your armor.
  • new hairstyles please
  • metal face jewlery seperate from the metal earrings
  • new bodytype Moonguard night elves (nuetral night elf customization similar to void elves getting blood elf customization this would give many night elf hairstyles and maybe skin tones to night borne)
  • arcane blue/pink/ purple/dark purple eye colors/lavender/ white eye colors wiith arcane tints)
  • possible undead night elf bodytype and customization

Void elves

• new identity tag (can choose to be called high elves) with new class paladins
  • high elf natural hair colors, void form instead turns into an arcane form where their tattoos glow instead
  • high elf tattoos
  • Void elf bodytype with more void customizations
  • star void black skin tones, basically a skin tone textured like the background universe with some stars inside, think the druid glyph but black/pink/purple/grey/ void colors
  • black hole bellybuttons
  • void tipped finger tips and feet
  • pitch black eyes, no socket eyes

With many customizations they would merge some races and add identity tags so you can unlock customization on the toons you already play. And change how you identify. For example my troll would get all the darkspear troll stuff and have more identity tags like changing my customization to look like a dark troll one day and pick the name I mouseover as “dark troll shaman”.

Or I play my dwarf shaman, and some days I choose to be wildhammer, other days I choose to be dark iron, then one day blizz unlocks the ability to earn frost dwarf customization and I get it and then in the barbershop I can change my current dwarf to go frost dwarf! This would make it more appealing to stay as certain races and even still allow you to race change into other groups. And it would make older races more appealing.

19 Likes

I forget where, but I actually made a comment asking if Vulpera would get more eye options such as a red left eye, and a blue right eye. Lo and behold that’s one of the options I’m currently using, nifty.

And for my next trick I shall unlock Vulpera Paladins for everyone.

I mean … gonna have to disagree here on further HE options for VEs RP tools/ secondary minor theme.

It’s an in depth list for sure though.

For your Highborne improvements part on NEs they could stand to benefit from letting both males and females use tattoos and jewelry interchangeably… that goes for BEs as well off the top of my head for the jewelry part anyways. But accessories like that for all races should be accessible to characters.

2 Likes

I just put what I would like to see personally. And the community is asking for high elf paladins so I put it their as a solution. Blood elves would get San’layn which would be a win in my book. And night elves on horde by something like the undead night elves or moonguard night elves that helped the nightborne (who may have chosen to stay with the nightborne whether by convenience or some other drive).

1 Like

not to be that guy but wouldn’t combing them defeat the need of allied races?

Blood Elves got a raw deal. Especially mle blood elves. There are no scars or warpaint or dark ranger options. It’s sad.

Here’s a list of every Belf customization request no matter how reasonable or absurd.

7 Likes

Not really you would still unlock them. This is more akin to the old idea of subraces. And it would make it easier to justify adding more similar looking “allied races” if you can earn it for your main and use it right there. Much like we get a 400th mount we can only use on one toon. It would be another layer of customization usage. And allow for stuff like Frost dwarves, Ice trolls, Taunka, Yaungol fire mages, maybe ancient elune night elf customization with more primitive elune tattoos, white eyes, glowing moon tatoos etc. Instead of it being on another race you just earn it as if it was transmog for your own toon.

Allowing nuetral options would be counter acted by adding some unique and cool faction specific options.

2 Likes

No plans for tier… no plans for customizations that AR and others need… I’m a bit annoyed here.

6 Likes

so people who got a new race would just be grinding for a skin option?
Not only that but it would be VERY awkward with the old starting area when you have Amani/Zandalar trolls being treated like Darkspears

Hey, I’d be glad if they just allowed us to Transmog Gray items.

4 Likes

Yea but that’s old content. It’s already weird for some heroes like nightborne questing in cataclysm.

I also thought it would be a nice idea for shadowlands to introduce “soulshaping” or “fleshcrafting” allowing you to just change your bodytypes via barber to other races. Imagine by the end of the shadowlands you can soulshape your character into a Kyrian/Venthyr/Maldraxxi/Ardenweald creature. Which would be a cool way to finish the expansion with a permenant bodytype option in the barber.
So you could have started out as say a night elf and then shadowlands technology allows you to now be a Venthyr or Kyrian. It’s something that lore could be explained. And allow for stuff like the Ardenweald soulshapes to be used by druids and shamans for ghostwolf/ druid forms.

For some reason or another, blizz decided to dump the Warrior and ranger culture of the blood elves, and make them the soft bland arcane users.

Blizzard seems to have show horned many races into one “culture” in fact. Forsaken, trolls, orcs and night elves seem to suffer this affect. Like blizz can’t commit to the races original intent.

I’d say the blood elves got shafted hard. They had so many opportunities and routes to go, but they gave body jewelry and some already given changes that could have been base line additions and not features (beards and skin color)

1 Like

Which is why I’ve now unsubbed.

I will likely keep playing off and on with little 30 day game time purchases but I’m not going to guarantee Blizzard my money at this point.

SLs is not fun for me. I don’t like the several borrowed power systems we have to needlessly grind for. I don’t like the story so far. I don’t like the lack of Alt friendlyness they said they were interested in.

I was really holding out for customizations to keep me interested.

I’m very disappointed.

8 Likes

Of course we do. Haven’t you heard about the Void’s insatiable hunger?

It’s in our genes, pal. :octopus:

10 Likes

why not both ?

I’m so sorry to see you unsub, Fezzy :frowning:

I do feel you, though. No new customization options in 9.1 is a big disappointment.

:persevere:

7 Likes

Was it though? I am not a fan of being contrarian but I don’t think they ever promised you would get new customizations every patch.

I think you’re reading too much into it. A lot of those answers are basically “we can’t talk about this thing because it’s not ready to be talked about.”

It’s not even that it’s not coming in 9.1 is just when blizz says “no plans for the immediate or near future” usually means never.

We are playing the game that the devs want to play, not so much the players want to play. They are so freakin stubborn on systems that they will go down with their ship. So far I haven’t hated SL… but if the story continues to be bad, and horrible armors like what’s show cased for covenants and no heritage armor? I may take a longgg needed break.

5 Likes

I think it would be a mistake to lock features like that behind having played an entire expansion and grinding out the right covenants.