We need more PVP incentives and perks

Besides some new open world que or more warmode quests, more maps, modes, and such. We need more PVP incentives and perks.

How about a mount with an honor vendors that sell food, gliders etc for honor?

Why not just give people bags or sell BiS bags for conquest, at least a design pattern drop from the chests.

Why not have a “while you wait” like in OW. We spawn in AB etc and pvp while an actual que is undergoing?

2 Likes

Because then dragonslayers would feel “forced to do it.”

2 Likes

i don’t think incentives are what we need…
if anything, all that does is generate sense of being forced to do something you don’t enjoy in order to obtain something you really want.
pvp should be a fun experience, and that fun is the attractive force that makes people naturally play it on the aspects they feel attracted to.
and not instead play hours upon hours of rage and queue time trying to get an elite exclusive cosmetic thats is going to disappear forever, and even worse when it comes to the glad mount.

in pve i don’t have this rush, i do have my fun doing the raid when i want to raid, and having my guild talking in discord feels fun while doing it… i don’t feel forced to be there miserably to try and obtain an exclusive cosmetic i really want to have.
on pvp on the other hand is the opposite, i’m currently playing warlock in pvp… because i want the elite set and guess what… i don’t want to play warlock in arena, i would rather do with a different class… i’m not having fun at all… i’m doing it and enduring all the frustration all over a limited cosmetic.
my pvp “incentive” does not make my experience good, fun or enjoyable… all it does, is make it miserable

1 Like

yeah, that’s been a 1 way street for a while.

can’t have pve pvp. pvp though…runs lots of pve. I never got the hard pve tie in to SL renown for pvp upgrades. to fight in AV. season 1 fun times…best forgotten.

were vann and drek…jailor pawns too?

I think so.
You went on to say how you are playing warlock in pvp because you can get rewards easier…
I am not calling for rating climbing incentives.

1 Like

Just unlock all past elite sets and make it so at 1800 you get a token to go buy a set. 1 token per class for a season and its account bound. Like playing monk but want pally set? No problem.

1 per class per season. Dont like this season go buy an old one. Want more tokens, play more classes.

The amount of time sensitive rewards is asinine and a waste of effort in making them. Mythic raiding rewards dont go away except titles. Same should be for pvp.

Consistency across modes. I hit 1800 on the two classes i wanted mog and dont q anymore. If i could till get antorus season war set? Id still be q’ing. No one cares what other ppl have from back in the day. They only care what they have now

Pvp gearing is fine. Play Experience and tuning could be tuned better for healers in rss. Maybe some new bg maps and bring back the blacklist so i dont get seething shore 8 games in a row

1 Like

I like seething shore but 8 times in a row does get stale. If they don’t want to bring back the blacklist, they should introduce a weekly list of BGs you can do in a row. So one week you can que for the weekly list which would be WSG, Twin Peaks, Eye Of the Storm.

3 Likes

I got pulled in late to a premade of some sort and requeued too quick into the same group. They really need to bring back blacklisting, I’d do SS and IoC.

1 Like

PvP is nothing but an after thought anymore, where they barely even focus on even balancing it out.

Honestly PvP should just have its own dedicated servers for Arena/BGs where you can get a fully maxed out character in gear and just enjoy yourself. That and they need to take a hard look at CC (Even after 10.1) and the Burst. PvP is an absolute mess anymore.

1 Like

The only incentive for PvP should be the desire to PvP.

Any time Blizzard has gone out of its way to try to lure people into PvP, it backfires: the people who only want the reward log out/hearth/turn off WM as soon as they’re done, and the people who actually like PvP complain about it.

More pvp war chests filled with goodies all over the place :sunglasses:

I think they should award usable gear in low level BGs but otherwise too many rewards makes the culture worse. What we really need is a new queue system which gets rid of sync queue premades and better matches power to provide some sense of progression on the low end.

I agree to an extent. They definitely neglect pvp, and because they are slowly integrating and expanding cross faction gameplay. They need to focus on PVP to make up for that.