We need ilvl brackets at 120

The unbelievable imbalance between players is incredible. Seeing half your team with 300-400K hp and seeing half the enemy team with near 600K HP, why even bother?

6 Likes

You can find a mixture of all item levels and health on both sides. I recently took out my ilvl 416 alt (also a hunter) to BG’s and epics and she did just fine.

Oh yes let us further seperate people from PvPing with each other…

1 Like

The ilvl brackets would just bring twinking to 120. It wouldn’t change anything. You would still get destroyed.

You’re in the 430-445 ilvl bracket? Enjoy getting deleted by the players with 460 trinkets and azerites, full vers corruptions, with 415 bracers, belt, boots to counter balance.

The invisible PvP scaling was kind of effective at the beginning of the expansion when the ilvl disparity was only 30-40 between extreme top geared vs no-gear. Now, the ilvl disparity can be 80-100 ilvls and the scaling does absolutely nothing to that.

3 Likes

Because scaling keeps it mostly even.

1 Like

think they should just put a minimum item level to get in. like the same as heroics at lest . a guy at item level 400 isn’t going to win alot of 1v1 but should make a difference on a 2v1 or 3v2 situation vs a guy at 200 item level who dies to a cleave or pet or just steps on a paper clip .

While you can, often you don’t. One team may have an average hp 200k higher than the other team.

Your ilvl 416 alt was carried. I’m not saying that shouldn’t be a thing in randoms, but if you ran up against a team that was much higher health, you wouldn’t have been so lucky.

1 Like

I spent the entire day today trying to win a brawl as Horde. The problem I kept running in to was the Alliance teams were never super well geared, but they were all decent and had a good balance of healers (tons of resto druids) and mobile classes to FC. Meanwhile, the Horde generally had 2-3 people that were well geared, and then 5 or so that had clearly just boosted a character and had 150-300k hp. At that point those people are dead weight and will almost guarantee a loss. Particularly when those people take one of the two healer spots that we might get while generally it’s just one for Horde.

~https://imgur.com/a/JwX1iFu~ So yeah, not carried. Not only highest vehicle damage, but most HKs also. Not everything is so cut and dry as you see it. Just need to know where best use of lower geared players example: NOT guarding solo. Another is shooting cannons in IOC (if they know how to aim properly).

Problem is one side might post high and the other low, it either does nothing or wait increases. To do it right I think either remove faction barriers or incentivize roles (like offering a CP reward if healers queue merc into a lower population.

At one time I’d imagined a questing system with mission board type interface where groups would form around incentives for things like high ilvl, victory bonus, tank, etc. You could also give specific rewards so the BGs would be specific to people able to benefit from an upgrade to sieve power. Longer quest lines for power items, the ability to merc both ways, variable reward depending on experience. I don’t think they’re invested in PvP enough to design a fairly complex system (easy to design, hard to tune).

Your low ilevel toon did well in a lost bg because you climbed into a vehicle and used it to fight?

What about all the other bgs where there aren’t vehicles or cannons for you to use instead of your actual toon?

1 Like

Pretty much this. Ilvl brackets are not a good suggestion. They just need to tighten the bottom end of scaling a bit more. Also making it a little quicker and easier to gear through PvP (and PvP ways to level your cloak lol). Wtb wod.

Another bad idea. Go play rated if you want a minimum ilvl. Random bgs are the casual bg way to level. Telling pvpers to go pve is not a valid thing.

This is pretty rare man :roll_eyes: most games have a very fair share of geared to non geared people. It’s literally the same as every expansion before this one. The only one sad downfall is how bad PvP gearing is.

1 Like

You might was well change the title of this thread to “we need hour+ queue times”, because that would be the result.

2 Likes

Good. Then it can be just like all of the other bg brackets.

So rather than admit that low item levels CAN and in fact DO participate, you would rather hold that each of them is carried.

Perhaps those running with 500k plus health shouldn’t be in the airship or demos. Those with lower health shouldn’t usually guard alone, this is common sense.

My alt does average damage. I could link my reflex if you’re curious.

Are you advising them to only play bgs where they can jump into vehicles or cannons?

Otherwise, I don’t understand why you posted a screenshot showing how you did inside a Wintergrasp vehicle. Your toon could have been wearing absolutely zero gear because you’re using a vehicle to fight. That doesn’t mean I’d tell people they won’t be carried if they queue up for bgs with no gear on.

I’d rather see smaller power gaps than an ilevel separation.

1 Like

It is common in random queues. I always look, and I often see it.

Usually it means your team is about to get destroyed by multiple premades.

It’s really really not… The games are completely random, hence the name. The teams are gonna have the same number of geared people on each team roughly. Give or take a person or two.

Lol what? I’ve seen two premades this entire season. Multiple premades? :joy: Oh man

That’s absolutely not what “random” means. You are describing a situation where players are seeded by ilvl so every game is matched. That’s not wow.

I see you don’t know how to recognize premades.