We need an anti-bot patrol

Yeah the tricky part is you could have 1000 good player mods then 1 that would be the rotten apple in the bunch

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure on the time but here’s the thing. As Beaupeep has been saying. First Blizzard is going to investigate if you (in general) are truly Botting.

For example during Noble Garden you could see one player just running between 3 spawn spots on the exact same path, this doesn’t mean it’s a bot. Usually just a player who has picked three spawn spots and runs to them the exact same way over and over.

Next they look for similar activity on other accounts. Once they got the bots, then they look into what program/addon they are using to do so. Next they figure out not only how to break it but also break it in a way that makes it harder on the bot programmers to make another program.

After all that they ban the bots and break the program. This can take sometime as they want to make sure (as best they can) that they don’t hit innocent accounts in the ban wave.

This of course is just a vicious cycle that will continue until the end of time.

1 Like

The distribution of such rights to ordinary players can be difficult. Indeed, many can abuse such power. Therefore, I wrote above so that it was the Blizzard employees who took the time for this, instead of looking at the reports for months.
Your verification idea sounds good, it will be hard for the normal gamer to miss a message the size of a half-screen.

1 Like

I’d only propose player mods simply due to the fact I doubt blizzard are going to dedicate resources to knocking bots off in real time

1 Like

Blizzard seems to have already tried a lot in the fight against bots, so why not finally try personal presence. If this method is not effective, you can always stop.

What Blizzard will try in the war against bots is up to them but either way, each side will only win battles. The war will never truly be won.

In fact, I’m not even sure anyone from Blizzard will read this post.

Doubtful indeed

I remember runescape has a thing where you could go and see the bot get banned by some gruesome death that the people watching voted for. Think it even said the bots banks price aswell. They got rid of it a bit ago be caz of…reasons ( think they ban them differently now).

The devs also do steams of them finding bots and banning them (be it teleporting to them/the bot to them or watching them when invis). They also show the bots bank price and high prices items and then donaitiong that price to a charity (theres a well you can throw money onto that gets converted to real money and sent to a charity). Bliz should do somthing like that every few months. Get a few devs. Get one steaming folding bots while the others also find them so the bots cant log off when the steamer dev goes to there zone

2 Likes

Nippyss also wrote about this game a bit earlier. Unfortunately, I never played it, I would like to see it. Quite a sophisticated punishment.
This is not the first time that the presence of a GM has pacified bots. However, Blizzard does not even want to try this method, apparently.

How is what you said not hateful?

if anyone wants to go on patrol, there seems to be a bunch of questing bots in hellfire.
all dks.
all on the ground.
all alliance.
the longer i looked, the more i found.
find one, follow it, you’ll run into a conga-line of them.
…while they’re on pve shards, they seem to get flagged every now and again when they wander too close to Falcon Watch.

slaughter won’t stop them, but it’ll slow them down a little.

(no, they’re not multiboxers. no, they’re not players… unless they’ve got supermad skills which permit them to magically all turn at the exact same points, while simultaneously being derpy enough to get stuck on exactly the same pieces of terrain)

have fun!

1 Like

with bots it’s always like this, you look closely at one bot and soon you find several more.

just got my partner to come and take a look to verify what i was seeing.

i’ve never seen a bot set up for questing, so i spent about an hour watching them.

they all seem to be based on proudmoore… all jibberish names, in the same couple of guilds.

2 Likes

… I’m not a bot okay? I’m not even a multiboxer, I farm alone.

Indeed, some bots have similar names and the same guilds, get stuck in the same places, and also do not violate certain boundaries.
Although we write reports, the maximum we get is just an automatic email with the same text.

2 Likes

Heh, sending reports of bots to blizzard and getting a response from a blizzard bot, it’s the uprising of the machines!

2 Likes

Serious question: is it possible to bot on another account and send all those gold to your main before it got banned?

All gnomes right? I saw them too, there’s at least 30 of them it’s horrible.

Getting stuck on the handrail at the bottom of the stair…

1 Like

Nah I’ll provide it :slight_smile:

1 Like

now that you mention it, i think they may have been… i’ve logged out now.

if there weren’t dozens of them all doing the same thing, it wouldn’t have looked so obvious.
i probably wouldn’t even have noticed.

the first couple i saw, i just assumed was someone dual-boxing… then i saw more, and more, and more… and… then discovered there was an entire army of them. :zipper_mouth_face:

i reported about 8, not that it will accomplish anything… there are just way too many.

blizz clearly aren’t going to slam the banhammer any time soon, but it would be nice if they changed the pathing of the fel reavers in the meantime :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes