We need a petition for removal of throw knife snare in SL

#title

It’s one of the most toxic and obnoxious mechanics in the game. Almost reminds me of wod 5cp deadly throw interrupt era.

Yeah it is going to be OP. Lets see if BlizZard does anything about it.

Yeah all 2 of you should start a petition

1 Like

Sounds like someone got outplayed.

1 Like

LOL MoP shuriken toss Mk2.

You know what I’m talking about, I remember sleeve using that cancerous build exclusively back when it was a thing.

IMO keep it, why? Because it’s toxic and obnoxious as hell. I can think of nothing better than exploitation of a truly horrible ability like that, one that will drive enemies crazy.

Shuriken toss + deadly throw in MoP was god mode because vs double mage you could snare both and let deadly poison do all the work, but shuriken spam was crazy strong, it was truly a special kind of trolling.

Put bone spike in there with it, LoL! Crap I gotta stop selling my self on that garbage expansion, last thing I need is to play that dumpster of a game, TBC is plenty good and no item scaling.

Oh few reminded my self about item scaling, the temptation faded.

1 Like

Not sure if outplay is the term that would fit here. If one stacked shuriken toss azerite in early bfa and oneshot someone from 80% health it wasnt an “outplay” it was just a braindead mechanic. But I suppose a lot of warr- I mean sin rogues need it for obvious reasons

Its not a thing anymore and azerite wont be a thing in SL so please lets remove something thats not a thing anymore.

Yeah its not a thing anymore because it was removed because it was an obnoxious toxic mechanic.

You see another obnoxious toxic mechanic so its natural to call for its removal. I mean i g all the sin rogues who got their first 2400+ in bfa s4 would fully object xd

Why exactly? Can anyone explain why it’s a problem? Looking for a serious explanation.

So you’re petitioning for the removal of a thing that’s already been removed?

Currently throwing knife is an actual high iq play to keep rogues and such in combat.

30 yard range spammable 50% snare that also happens to apply healing reduction and award combo point.

It doesnt have to apply wound and crippling poison for that purpose. So remove the poison aspect of it? It still stays the same for keeping combat

It is more than a 50% range snare if I recall correctly due to Master Poisoner. I mean if BlizZard doesn’t see it an issue they may ignore it. But if it ends up nerfing Crippling overall that is not good either.

Remember when Cloak & Dagger worked in conjunction with Shadow Dance? LOL. I had a field day against casters and hunters in 5.2. I cried when it was nerfed afterwards, lol.

1 Like

How is this any different than chains of ice 70% slow, which isn’t dispelled? (poisons can be).

5 Likes

I have a better suggestion

Keep it as is but give us back burst of speed and deadly throw with the pvp gloves from BC

Then make our rotations like WotLKs combat spec that was like 3 buttons so we don’t even have to think about that

Rogue hero class for SL

2 Likes

If that’s the only reason then I’d have to disagree that it should be cut. Not because it’s “fine”…but because there are so many other abilities present that we need it to be competitive.

In Shadowlands all mages get frostbolt. Deathknights of any spec can get chains of ice. Affliction warlocks have a legendary to give corruption a 60% snare.

I could go on, but the point is that throwing knife is not some giant problem, it’s a necessary ability in a version of WoW where there are way too many spammable soft CC’s overall.

2 Likes

It was actually kinda amazing, literally any opener would trigger the thing and for the time that was the meta.

The QQ reached the moon.

I still played shadow step because to me it just felt more natural and I didn’t have problems getting behind targets.

1 Like

Odd fact. Your forum character shows to be a 120 orc rogue. When I pull your character via the forum link it is a low level mechagnome arms warrior.

I r confused.

I feel sick

2 Likes

I miss when you could stack those 2 energy trinkets go combat spec with pvp gloves bonus and slam fan of knives and caused an endless aoe silence on top the damage it did was insane. I think that was in wotlk.