"we feel that the min max meta limits choices."

Why can’t they just balance the talents…feels BFA man.

I’m all for player choice. Just balance the talents blizz.

3 Likes

Yup.

They are going to give player agency by limiting player agency. Welcome to the world that makes no sense anymore. :+1: :thinking:

1 Like

How long until Ralph shows up and says something buck wild, do you think.

2 Likes

Here’s the thing that gets me: the reason the devs did away from the old talent trees and gave us our current talent system was to create new talents with choices that were stylistic choices above anything else; I guess you could call it a “meaningful” choice.

And here we are with two straight expansions with under-performing talents and no balance passes so everybody was basically shoehorned into the same build for every class. Instead of just fixing talents and basic class functionality, they decided to create convoluted systems that just magnified the problems they were trying to fix.

2 Likes

“Wait. That’s illegal.”

You don’t need to balance talents with old talent trees. Talents didn’t fight with each other. Nowadays you have a lot of dead talents that they are not fixing for 4-5 years already?

So from cookie cutter builds we came to… cookie cutter builds minus normal class mechanics?

6 Likes

Lol. Min maxers will still be there in shadowlands and if you play a class with a covenant that is not meta for your spec and try to pug the chances are you will be laughed out of the group for trolling. There will still be warcraft logs and the same way we saw Arcane Mage at the bottom we will see a Night Fae Ref Paladin at the bottom and just ignore them or auto decline. (Not that this is the indication just using examples)

1 Like

A lot of talents on most trees should be baseline and something exciting should replace them. This is a game and is ment to be fun. Idk why blizz has a hard time understanding that.

Adding a gcd to things and dead talents aren’t fun at all…

2 Likes

They make those “not fun” changes because of the MDI and some times rated pvp. They have to keep the 4 people watching both those events entertained by not seeing the exact same comp of classes every time. And it just hurts the rest of us.

4 Likes

I tried to make a game a while back called sticks and stones.

There are two groups.

Group A can only look under sticks, and group B can only look under stones.

Unfortunately the stick people constantly complained that the stone people were getting more drops, so then I would slightly boost the drop rate for stick people.

But then the stone people would get mad, so I tried to compensate by slightly increasing how fast stone people could look under stones.

The stick people got pissed because their gameplay was slow, so I added a little fireworks sparkle explosion to make looking under sticks more fun.

Now the stone people were pissed because quickly looking under more stones was less fun than having a fireworks sparkle animation.

In the end I just burned the whole thing down.

Sadly, I couldn’t balance sticks and stones. :frowning:

• T
4 Likes

“We don’t want players to have to resort to using simulations to determine whether or not an item is an upgrade”

“THiS TRiNKeT HaS a SMaLL CHaNCe To PRoC aN eFFeCT THaT DaMaGeS FoR BeTWeeN 5,000 and 50,000; TeNDS To PRoC MoRe oFTeN aGaiNST PLaYeRS”

11 Likes

IKR? Wouldn’t it be awesome if it was more like the old days where classes had hard counters and strengths/weaknesses? Nowadays it’s mostly what class you play and if it’s geared.

In classic my undergeared firemage can still 1 shot you :joy:. Why can’t we have that in retail?

I swear if classic wasn’t as clunky as it is I’d just play that. I don’t like the batching and the clunkyness though.

1 Like

At this point I am convinced the dev team lives on another planet… That video of ion explaining about someone getting denied a group for the wrong covenant choice is a fantasy. Then it swaps to the covenant buff from picking one that’s a huge buff to your party. Like what is this clown fest?

9 Likes

it needs to be more limiting.

the classes get un fun and boring and stuff gets taken away if ballancing exist i rather things be broken personally.

or don’t . tbh i think everything needs to be unballanced some classes god mod but shouldnt be the ideal choices for endgame content.

I sorta agree about the imbalance just in a different way. Every class should shine at something.

Like some should be great at aoe, some at st, some should have awesome utility.

It feels really bad when one class/ spec can literally do everything better.

1 Like

It is cool in a raid if each boss has something that makes a particular class stand out on that boss, and over the course of the raid every class gets a chance to shine.

• T
2 Likes

So do I. But it’s like watching a full grown adult say “Fire is hot” and then they jump into a volcano.

1 Like

We feel incomplete and it feels bad. IDK how to describe it better than that. You can’t put the genie back in the bottle. That’s why we feel incomplete. The gamplay literally feels incomplete. It’s not about dmg meters, u literally r left with a “wanting” feeling in BFA. The mop talents r the threshold i think. With how gearing works, we can only stomach mop talents+gearing before it starts to feel bad.

Nobody ever accused the design team of being smart.

4 Likes

Is this a new quote from somewhere I presume?
Honestly it is right in a way, their perspective just isn’t the same as yours.

In a world with flexible covenants there is a right choice for M+, a right choice for each raid encounter, and a right choice for PvP etc etc. Since you can swap them there is no real reason not to use the “correct” choice.
Ie there is no freedom of choice.

In a world where you can only make one choice you have to sit with that decision, so realistically you will see Druids running Night Fae, Kyrian, Maldraxxus, and Venthyr in raids, because they simply don’t have the option to not be their initial choice.

Tbh I would prefer not to play blue generic class instead of red generic class as my player options.

3 Likes