"We cull the strong to protect the weak"

WoW storytelling is amazing and dialogues brilliant

If you skip all of them

11 Likes

Completely counter to how nature and evolution work.

3 Likes

If i think about this sentence/quote in the context of Activision taking over old blizzard, this whole thing make so much sense lol.

1 Like

centaurs were a mistake

8 Likes

Dragonflights way better

But I did find it funny Shadowlands and Dragonflight start with “Okay we were family but we imprisoned one of us”

its like “Tell me what is wrong Steve.” lol

4 Likes

Maybe it’s call and not cull. We cull the strong to protect the weak seems to be a Malygos ideal in my opinion. His ideology was quite literally mortals can’t be trusted with power.

2 Likes

Is their confirmation anywhere that says for sure it’s cull?

Either way, it makes sense to me. We cull the strong (predators, monsters, whatever) to protect the weak (members of the centaur society). That’s how I interpret it anyway.

3 Likes

i would wager it’s “call”.

1 Like

It’s really quite simple. Allow me to explain.

2 Likes

I think he’s saying “we CALL the strong to protect the weak”.

It could be that we’re dealing with a writer that doesn’t know the meaning of the word cull, which is sadly possible. However, in this franchise the world is featured oddly prominently. The Culling of Stratholm.

• A - A writer doesn’t know the meaning of a fairly common word, and also doesn’t know the source material.

• B - A voice actor gave a poor read, and the director ushered him out of the booth without another take because time is money.

Always go with the theory that has fewer moving parts. I choose B. The again, "We call the strong to" is kind of ponderous. “We call ON the strong to” sounds better, so maybe he is saying cull.

3 Likes

To be a WoW writer, you need use the following:

You talk about protecting/defending Azeroth
You call us players champion
The enemies call us Interlopers or outsiders
Bad guys also say burn in the fires of hatred or just simply burn

That pretty much sums up how to write for WoW, I’m sure there’s more.

5 Likes

You forgot to call me MORTAL, you’re fired.

5 Likes

She. And yeah still sounds like “We call to the strong”

Its a weird sorta mutation of survival of the fittest just warped to fit a red dragon lol

1 Like

Selistra is only ever referred to with gender neutral pronouns and just has the -stra suffix instead of the masculine -strasz or the feminine -strasza

5 Likes

Oh then my mistake. Coulda sworn I heard fem pronouns for them

3 Likes

Its just the rules of nature man. Theres no guarantees which of them will succeed, strong or weak.

2 Likes

“Mak Gorah! I demand a fight to the DEAF!”

“…WHAT?”

I’ll be hear all weak folks!

9 Likes

Don’t forget the most painful line for college students to hear back in Shadowlands.

“Dere be no escaping debt!”

10 Likes

“I’m 14 and this is deep”

Yes-- which is: It’s bad writing. It’s a line written with a purpose: to make it seem like it’s ok to be weak, simply because being a toxic alpha-male-O’Doyle-Rules-DochBag is bad.

But just because the latter is a stain on a modern society, doesn’t mean you glorify the former by eliminating the latter.

It’s just bad writing. HORRIBLY bad writing.

8 Likes