Waterwalking

Ya, who cares if you paid 5 million gold, I had to fish for the strider and that was way worse. We all need the auction house attachment.

It is one slot for all your mounts. So for you to keep the water strider working as it currently does, you need to give up that one equipment slot. Thus you lose out upon a new feature just to keep an old one.

A normal adult does not like to feel like their time has been wasted totally even in a game. I suspect you are an exception.

1 Like

The redundancy was intentional for emphasis.

Cearly you have a lot of bitterness over not having the mount.

2 Likes

I got the strider when it was current content and earned the mount for that specific trait. And sure the game changes, the last 3 expansions for the worse with more taken away than received for the purchase price.

I gain NOTHING from this change as I have all the profs and can make goblin gliders or the leather barding etc. The people complaining about people not wanting this change are the same bunch of morons that have either been complaining it “unfair” or complaining they aren’t a shaman or DK.

2 Likes

Ad hominem.

Or it could work that since mounts are account wide any equipment slot applied has an account wide effect for that mount. Then you can apply a different piece of equipment to another mount.

That would actually make more sense since mounts are account wide than having to get that piece of equipment in order to use the water walking on 30 plus characters.

Clearly you are incapable of reading

/chuckle
Apparently for a large number of people it was…

They already stated that if you wanted water walking upon an alt for the water strider you would just need to mail them the equipment item. That would mean that the equipment slot buffs are not account wide but character wide.

EVERYTHING we do in this game is a waste of time. Its still all flying right over your head.

2 Likes

Yes, I saw that blue post and it made no sense to me to implement it that way.

That post said we get ONE free item and if we want more than we have to buy them at a reduced cost. Based on that I would understand once I use that item on character x, I would need to buy another one at a reduce cost to use on character y.

Although, I guess they could work it like that FP thing which is also BoA but reusable and stays in your bag - yeah for one less bag slot for reasons.

I play for progression that is where I get my enjoyment from this game. If you are playing just to waste time of course you don’t care how you waste your time, I am not sure exactly how you get your fun from this game but it is different than how I get my fun.

I shouldn’t have to explain this to a normal adult but obviously things are flying right over your head.

Since you can fly at 60, can someone point out a 1-59 zone where water-walking is actually a significant benefit?

This was a silly thing to complain about and no one should have paid any attention to it.

2 Likes

(withholds cookies from inane thread)

2 Likes

Bellyaching over waterwalking. Adults crying over a mount that runs on water! ooookay.

I dont care how you get you get your jolly going in game. Your “progression” is a waste-of-time. It means NOTHING. I mean, its fun. I used to raid in the old days. Fun stuff. Means ZERO at the end of the expac. Hell… month 2 of the expac means NOTHING by month 8. So keep telling yourself it isnt all a waste of time.

And Its ok to waste time. Everyone does it. Point is… it all amounts to nothing at the “end of the day”.

Well. It used to be that mounts were one of the only things of permanence on a character. People would farm mounts because no matter what happened in the class “overhauls” or prunes, people would have their mount for the next patch or expansion.

With this change, Blizzard is dabbling in yet another thing that was once perceived as something of value to the player. Blizzard is showing that they themselves find no value in it, which players pick up on. This is especially apparent because even though they’re offering a “free” token to keep players happy, the players can see that their time spent (yet again) means nothing to the devs.

It’s been clear for a while that Blizzard doesn’t understand it’s own player-base, which is weird considering that they exist to please and grow that base.

1 Like

Enjoyment isn’t nothing. Sorry you feel any enjoyment you get from life or a game is a waste of time.

We can waste time and enjoy it… you still cant pretend that it isnt wasting time.