Water Strider Discussion

I remember telling myself “there’s no way they’ll implement this GCD change” and defending it with “it’s not even live”

Shame on me

17 Likes

… did you seriously just ask this? LOL

1 Like

The funny thing here is that “It’s not even on live PTR yet”. Give it a week and then complain.

unless you don’t have Draenor pathfinder…

No thanks

“It’s not on ptr”
“It’s only on ptr, it’s not even live”
“It’s live but they’ll fix it soon”
“Just wait for next patch”

Seen it before. Waiting gains people nothing

17 Likes

A small clarification to our plans with Mount Equipment–

Hitting level 100 on one character will unlock this system. Once unlocked, the system will be available to all characters, and the equipment pieces themselves will require level 20. If your goal is to have waterwalking while leveling, you can just enable the waterwalking Mount Equipment (there will be one available via Anglers reputation that will be bind-on-account), and it’ll work exactly as before, with the benefit of making all of that character’s mounts walk on water.

118 Likes

That solves everything instantly.

6 Likes

Do profession items like stirrups still work in conjunction with the equipment?

12 Likes

This information helps, but still leaves the question of whether the currently existing bardings will continue to work. Also, if those bardings will work in future 8.x zones, and if the consumable will exist in 9.0 and beyond.

9 Likes

But but but I want to complain about nothing!

21 Likes

Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like

… y’all couldn’t have told us that sooner?

Now tell me if it will work for Druids.

I am reminded of this:

29 Likes

Ok but I still question why you use a water strider to go from Rachet to Tanaris. You should buy the book and save yourself some time.

Heck. I’ll buy it for you.

1 Like

Making something we usually got easily or for free is how Blizzard now makes content.

Races are now something to grind rather than coming with the expansion
Flying is something you earn, rather than getting it fairly early on
Rather than just getting something, spin the wheel for it over and over
Here’s a mount you BUILD over a long time, rather than just get

Oh, and of course, you don’t just get spells any more. No, you have to grind out various things in hopes of creating a competitive spell book.

Why am I still playing this game?

64 Likes

I’ve been playing since Vanilla and still don’t have a water strider.

It appears I’ve won…something?

5 Likes

Because the fact that they are prepared to just remove and disable stuff we spent a lot of time earning means that nothing you earned, yeah you, will ever be permanently yours. That rare mount you spent so much time farming could be gone tomorrow, and no one will speak up for you.

Not a mount collector, No problem, you’ll fit right in with the few players who are left when they come back to remove flight as they came back to hit water walking mounts.

50 Likes

Is this equipment per mount, or do you have to choose one and it’s for all mounts?

6 Likes

Sounds like you never did play the game. After all, you always had to play in order to earn certain perks and benefits; those perks and benefits have just changed over time. So either you never did anything in WoW that required a time investment, or you did but are weirdly selective about what you spend your time on.

11 Likes

I don’t? I use it to cross Thousand Needles to Feralas to start a questline from a point in the Barrens that doesn’t have a flight path, to a point in Feralas that doesn’t have a flight path.

I also use it in Darkshore on lowbies.

Moot point now that they finally clarified.

2 Likes

So we can’t apply different equipments to different mounts, it’s one buff per character?

5 Likes