Watch the Live Shadowlands Update VoD!

Thank you for the live stream!

As for those additional customization options: red Eredar/Draenei, please? Pretty please?

2 Likes

These Anima flows have me convinced that Blizzard is going to open up the system in 9.2 or 9.3. It’s going to happen. They can create new content out of old content by allowing players to progress Anima restoration in zones that don’t match their original Covenant. It may even tied into Pathfinder.

So they’re really not budging on letting Covenants be a talent tree.

L
O
L

3 Likes

I gotta say, I’m not impressed.

This whole covenant, soulbind conduit stuff just sounds like more garbage expansion specific systems that fill in classes that are designed like garbage. which begs the question of what is the point of leveling 1-max level anymore? There’s no point to it. Pre legion, leveling was a good way to learn your class. Now you learn your class one way, then get to these systems and everything changes to a ridiculous extent that leaves your whole leveling experience feeling entirely useless. And why do they continue with this thought that changing covenants has to be difficult? Are they hoping that it will keep people playing? If we all go towards one because its BIS and they nerf it, I’d be less inclined to work towards changing to the new BIS, and more inclined to stop playing.

Also, why do follower missions need to exist? This was a bad idea from day 1 that should not have continued.

12 Likes

Fill me in since I haven’t played in the longest time - where are the beta opt-in settings these days?

I looked all over in my account settings and can’t find it, only thing that came close was the opt-in button the Shadowlands details page (which at first gave me a 404 until I switched to an entirely different browser).

Alt friendly btw

systems on systems inside systems on top of more systems inside of other systems

This is confusing for people who have played the game for years… do they really think this is going to attract new players?

9 Likes

Ya boi gonna be throwin the most rad parties for them dead peeps, you mark my words

3 Likes

This Twitch chat alongside the stream is by far the most repugnant, cringe thing I’ve experienced all Summer so far.

2 Likes

so far, no updates on anything to do with raids, M+, or PVP aka the things that keep this game alive past the first two weeks of a content patch.

NOT GOOD.

edit:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why do you need to have farm games, and mission tables in this game. Aghh this is so cringe.

4 Likes

#removevoidform

1 Like

Same reason why they have pet battles. It’s a side activity for people who like it.

1 Like

So… you get Covenant abilities for leveling up and doing the story.

Then you get Soulbinds - you get powers/talents based off of followers from the Covenant.

Then to boost these you get conduits (relics) that are socketed and improve your spec abilities/traits.

You also have to grind Renown (Anima) which gates the Soulbinds (powers/talents), and cosmetics. Weekly Anima grind and likely capped.

Bragging about robust catch-up systems for this. Hey Blizz, if you have to build in robust catch-up mechanics, perhaps the overall mechanic just isn’t that good.

Then you have a Sanctum (Garrison 4.0), and the quote: “Each Sanctum is the base of Operations for that Covenant, and this is a place where you’re actually likely to begin and end your gameplay sessions once you’re at max level.”

So, the playerbase is going to be split among 4 different town zones.

So, to recap:
We get borrowed power talents and abilities from the Covenants.
Borrowed power Talent trees and Relic upgrades from followers.
And AP grind that gates our Talent trees and cosmetic rewards.
And another Garrison.

There are also areas that require Anima use to unlock or modify permanently, so depending on how the phasing is built you may not be able to help friends level up in certain zones or areas because you’ve done X content and they haven’t.

I did not hear any mention of any of this being account wide, so RIP Alts.

20 Likes

This is all sounding AWFUL :confused: have they learned nothing? People don’t want endless power grinds for garbage that will be removed next expac. They just want fun classes and fun stuff to do and fun leveling. No gimmicks.

10 Likes

I don’t mind it being attached to the story. I liked the class hall followers because I felt closer to them due to the class connection and goals.

Covenants are my biggest concern right now. Well, that and PvP.

1 Like

This seems likely and is awful.

1 Like

thank god I didnt pre-order this expansion. BFA 2.0 incoming

3 Likes

The stream is great but the missions was a bad thing for me. Should’ve kept it the same but at least they’ll have it on phone.

1 Like

Maybe it is just me, but I would rather they spend time on class/spec redesigns, additional specs, new races etc.

4 Likes

So it’s BFA 2.0.
Big yikes.

8 Likes