Wasted whole night getting into one mythic key

As others have stated, you’re a dime a dozen DPS. Best options are form your own group, make friends, or join a guild/community. That is the better option.

1 Like

It is extremely hard to get a group as a solo DPS unless you have insane IO or something.

I tanked in BFA so it was easy to get groups (even though I played guardian), but this expansion I am playing with friends as ele.

Have the toxic whiners stop making tank and healer life miserable.

3 Likes

Conversely, it’s often hard to PuG decent players for raid, even DPS…

I don’t know exactly what’s going on, but it’s pretty hard to deny incentives are a bit… messed up in Shadowlands and perhaps raiding and M+ aren’t as directly rewarding as they should be.

It’s like we’re all slaves to the Great Vault for gearing, which is not a fun bonus but often the only piece of loot you can really expect that week.

It’s cause there’s too many DPS.

I disagree with this sentiment. If you’re only doing a couple M+, then yeah your chances at loot are going to be super low. But if you’re timing 10 runs where the ilvl of drops is above your average (which is what you should be doing) the chances that you don’t see an upgrade or two are extremely low. The Vault is then just a cherry on top.

If you’re only doing a couple easy M+s and not pushing your limit yeah your rewards are going to reflect that. My rogue is 202 and I’m only trying to do +12s and up because nearly every drop will be an upgrade. I see other people at 202 queueing for +8s and wondering why their loot sucks and it’s because they’re doing it wrong.

1 Like

brutal but funny

There are better solutions, but nobody wants to actually invest time, thought, or effort into actually exploring them. And typically the people that argue against changes the most are the ones that are being rewarded by the current system and thus don’t want it to change.

Sadly, it’s an uphill battle/discussion at this point. I feel the same issue being a class that’s relegated to being only DPS due to Blizz’s poor design standards.

I too hope someday people open their minds a bit more to better opportunities rather than continuing to close their eyes, put their fingers in their ears, and continue to spout nonsense like “It’s fine as it is, figure it out for yourself.”

Make your own group

Idk, i don’t really have problems. All I do is pug. Sometimes it takes me a bit, but I usually do stuff as I wait too (dailies, fishin, etc).

I think you’re blowing it out of proportion. Its not that hard.

There is.

Big secret here.

Use your own key.

Or he can just swap his covenant/spec, play FotM, and get into every group as a NF Fire Mage.

1 Like

what key levels were you applying to?

Are you talking about the class you are posting your comment on - that is, a mage? So did you realise when you made it, that it was a pure dps class? There are a number of those - DH & Warrior (ie no healer), Rogue, Mage - who trade spec versatility for high dps. If you wanted to play a class with other options, you could have chosen that on the character creation screen. I think it’s the first time I’ve seen someone complain about a mage being…a mage…

Never expect loot from the end of a dungeon. M+ rewards only on the weekly vault.

Warrior and DH aren’t pure dps classes as both of them can tank.

Only pure dps classes:
Rogue
Mage
Hunter
Warlock

Yes but the fact remains, there are classes which are purely dps. The OP appears to have edited their post because they made some comment about how terrible it was being limited to just dps on classes and it was a bad move by Blizzard, or words such as that.

I was responding to thatd. Even tank specs do dps as well as their other main purpose.

Mythic dungeons don’t even give mogs.

Don’t waste your time. If you want to get 35 animas just do world quests.

Could be worse, could spend 2~3 hours in a raid and only walk away with anima. At least we only need the piece we need to drop for us once and not go chasing warthundertitancorruptionforges, but the gear drought in raids is real.

That right there is why I had quit