Wasted game time card (my computer won't run WoW anymore)

I haven’t played since October 2017.

I got an early Xmas gift of a 60-day time card.

I figured even though I don’t want to play the latest expansion, I’d at least enjoy Legion and earlier content.

I made sure my game was updated, applied the time card code, and am greeted by:

“Your 3D accelerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft. For more information please see https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-system-requirements

So, after panic mode ended and I looked this issue up, well…again, I left in October 2017. I had literally ZERO REASON TO THINK this would be an issue as I obviously had no way of knowing of this development.

So now I have 60 days of game time that are going to go to absolute waste because my computer is a mid-2011 Imac. I am not going to buy a whole new computer just to play WoW (not that I could ever dream to afford a new one in any reasonable time frame).

I would like to have this time canceled and something to the effect of some sort of balance applied to my Battlenet account that I can redeem for things I still CAN play on this computer (like Hearthstone or whatever).

That or you can get me a new gaming rig! LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

You’d want to chat with Billing about these circumstances, Vora.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/316/979/channels

I recommend Live Chat.

1 Like

Neither of your requests are going to be possible, I’m afraid. Those 60-day game time cards are third-party purchases, and Blizzard can’t do anything with them at the moment. However, if you decide to return at a later date, they may be able to re-add it at no additional cost for you if you contact them.

1 Like

You don’t need to buy a new computer,a decent video card upgrade will do the trick unless your mac doesn’t have a pci-e port for video.

Could investigate an eGPU, but that’d be completely unsupported and I can’t recommend it.

1 Like

I used the Live Chat as suggested. I have a note on my account now for whenever in whatever fantastical future I actually get the ability to play again that they’ll re-apply the time when requested.

4 Likes

Happy to hear that, Vora.

We can’t really ‘suspend’ time - but can sometimes work with special circumstances.

1 Like

Have you tried updating your graphic card driver? My graphic card had an update when bfa was released.

Not always an option with Macs. Their graphics drivers are included with OS updates, IIRC, and not all Macs can get all the OSX updates.

With Macs, WoW no longer supports OpenGL, which is what Macs used to use. Only newer Macs that can use Metal (similar to DirectX on Windows) can run the game. It is more complicated than just a “driver” update. In general, such players need to purchase a new computer to continue playing.