Was there confirmation of "regular" flight in dragon isles?

I don’t want to get into debates about whether regular flight is good/bad better than dragon riding. I just want to know whether there has been confirmation one way or the other about whether we’ll be able to use regular flying in Dragon Isles.

A couple guildies said that Blizzard confirmed regular flight would be activated in patch 10.1 (same sort of scenario as the last few xpacs). However, I haven’t been able to find anything that explicitly confirms that and they haven’t been able to provide me with a link.

Is there an official Blizzard statement that clearly indicates one way or the other?

Flight is supposed to come later in 10.X. I don’t think anyone confirmed 10.1 though.

Later on, yeah.

Ideally, the riding system is actually good so we don’t miss it too much. If it goes well I believe they intend to make it an option everywhere.

I think it will probably come in 10.2 or 10.3, if that exists. I assume they want people to try out the dragonflying first and foremost.

So is there a blue post saying that it’s confirmed for some point(doesn’t matter if it’s 10.1 or later)? Because I haven’t been able to locate one.

Closer to final patch yes.

yes but it will be late-expansion, as in expect to only fly via the new system for a long while.

In that case do you have the link to the post? As I keep saying I haven’t been able to locate anything official.

It was on twitter by Steve Danuser, a few months ago.

1 Like

Hmm… I just trawled through his twitter all the way back to the reveal date and couldn’t find it.

Thanks anyway

edit: Found it! At least second hand on Wowhead quoting Ion and Danuser. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

https://gamingsym.in/wow-dragonflight-you-can-also-fly-properly-later/

Hazzikostas talks about flying in Dragonflight clearly on Twitter at the Developer Roundtable:
At launch, you gain the trust of a dragon companion in the first or second zone, which you can summon to you on the Dragon Isles. This companion doesn’t start out very well with flying and has low stamina, but as your trust in each other grows, you can gradually relax these limitations. In the long run we still plan to fly on conventional mounts. It should just feel good right from the start and then only get better. We still have to decide how you upgrade your dragon.

1 Like

since I didnt see it mentioned here, I think they confirmed NO pathfinder crazy achieve to fly I think it will just unlock about a year in is my guess