Was there any indication why the maintenance is extra long today?

Not concerned or anything, more just curious if they are adding something extra or new? We are still like a month out for pre-expansion stuff. Seems odd to have a 4 hour maintenance today, unless it’s simply to make sure yesterday’s maintenance meshes up fine with today’s or something. That’s all that I could think of.

1 Like

Yesterday was a Bnet thing. today is a WoW thing.
I can only assume it’s prep for the prepatch event.

2 Likes

I’m sure there will be refunds.

Aren’t they turning on Awakened for all three raids today? I’m not sure why that would take four hours, but that’s my best guess.

2 Likes

No, all raids will be awakened with prepatch, which is speculated to be July 23rd.

1 Like

Are you sure? Wowhead’s article on the awakened raids says week 7 all three become active.

Yes, week 7 was three weeks ago, and Blizzard confirmed then that they make all raids awakened with PrePatch.

Season 4 Week 7: All raids not yet Awakened - Support / Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

PrePatch is speculated for July 23rd due to the 11.0 Splash Screen saying the prepatch event begins on July 30th and something else was discussed for July 23rd but I can’t remember what it was at the moment.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks!

I was speculating that today’s extension might be related to making sure the BNET thing meshed with the system properly. I know technically things worked yesterday, but one would assume a scheduled MONDAY maintenance for BNET would be partially so that they can test the weekly reset the next day to make sure THAT works with the BNET “whatever they did”.

This is what i’m thinking too.

The last 7 weeks I’m thinking.