Was Jaina's threat in War Crimes just said in the heat of the moment?

But does Blizzard remember that?

:pancakes:

2 Likes

With classic tbc around the corner, I would say probably.

TBC wasn’t around the corner during the WoT.

Nah but classic was and there was the question about “do you guys want burning crusade classic? Wotlk classic?” at blizzcon :stuck_out_tongue: some year ago or so.

They allowed the Horde into their city when they declared war by almost genociding an Alliance race, you don’t do that unless you want to get dragged into war.

Who was ‘negotiating’ with Horde forces, this was after the burning of Teldrasil btw. The Alliance has no need to allow the Horde to get any stronger after what they’ve done.

What kind of assassination involves letting your target surrender in exchange for not killing them?

Alliance are the Horde police, and that involves anyone getting chummy about joining them fresh off committing a warcrime.

Also this whole, “Alliance are the reason the Zandalari went Horde” is bollocks, no-one with half a brain doesn’t believe it was only a matter of time before they joined.

The whole point of the attack on dazar alor WAS to prevent the Zandalari from becoming a part of the Horde

1 Like

Because the King’s daughter was rescued from Alliance custody by the Horde.

There it is. Alliance imperialism at its finest.

What kind of morally upright faction attacks a neutral party because they were talking with the enemy. Alliance going to destroy the Cenarion Circle next?

BuT wE gAvE hIm A cHaNcE tO sUrReNdEr!

After sending in spies and destroying their Navy, all this AFTER they took the King’s daughter into custody for no reason.

Yeah, Alliance were totally the good guys there.

FTFY.

Literally what happened.

Alliance: "Our goal is to make the Zandalari not want to join the Horde.

Alliance does everything in its power to ensure the Zandalari join the Horde

Alliance: surprised Pikachu face

Later…

Alliance: The Zandalari were going to join the Horde any way so killing their king was justified.

But, go ahead. Tell me I’m wrong because nothing the Alliance does is ever wrong and everything they did involving the Zandalari was for the best for all parties involved.

14 Likes

Alliance being brutal colonialists/imperialists is a story beat Blizzard really needs to explore, but won’t, for fear of upsetting fans.

6 Likes

Not really sure why my post was “inappropriate” or “offensive” I mean i just detailed how Jaina behaved and why her going from “die horde scum” (literal quote) to “anduin light” or approaching postwc3 to mop jaina.

And the fact that her becoming Kul tiras leader because she saved them from a pirate raid and rescuing the main fleet because the plot device (necklace) required her to use it) is ridiculous.

Anyway.

Its a shame that alliance fans are a dying breed. But given blizzards story its not that surprising.

They’ve already proposed the Alliance should control Cenarion Circle inner policies regardless of what they actually want. So sounds like what they want.

1 Like

They’ve already proposed the Alliance should control Horde inner policies…

1 Like

Who’s they?

Because after declaring war on the Alliance the royalty of a sovereign nation decided to talk about her nation joining with the Horde.

How is it ‘imperialism’ to make sure an out of control faction who proved they are not above genocide of the innocents isn’t allowed to get any stronger?

An enemy, mind you who declared war and tried to genocide and entire people. Also that cenarion circle analogy is dumb because the cenarion circle speaks to both factions, whereas the Zandalari only reached out to the Horde despite the Zandalari being the enemies of both the Horde and the Alliance in the past.

Still not an assasination.

Ummmm, yep? Not my fault blizzard decided the Horde will be the evil faction in BFA.

Neutral my left nut, what are the Zandalari just going to do everything to aid the Horde except offer their troops so they can claim to be neutral but still directly help the Horde?

It’s a logical fallacy to assume that because the Alliance attacked Zandalar and the Zandalari joined the Horde afterwards it means the Alliance cause Zandalar to join the Horde, the same way me taking a S**T isn’t why the moon came up an hour later just because one act followed another.

The Zandalari were already going to join the Horde, the Alliance tried to ‘convince’ them into not joining and failed. The only thing the Alliance might have done is made them join the Horde faster, but it was a gamble they wanted to take.

Na the Alliance did f up the execution but the goal was noble.

The poster they were talking to.

“We killed a lot of your civillians, didn’t try diplomacy until we had you at swordpoint because we see you as literally lesser beings than us, and we killed your king for talking back. Yep, we’re the good guys”

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the context of Jaina’s argument was Varian threatening to put her in jail because she went behind his back in the Shattering novel and helped Baine. Jaina reminded him that he had no authority to do that.

“Wrong-think”

The goal wasn’t just to prevent the Zandalari from joining Horde but makes the nation subservient to the Alliance.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/assassination#:~:text=to%20kill%20suddenly%20or%20secretively,to%20assassinate%20a%20person’s%20character.

verb (used with object), as·sas·si·nat·ed, as·sas·si·nat·ing.

to kill suddenly or secretively, especially a politically prominent person; murder premeditatedly and treacherously.

You sound mad. Maybe take a break?

Convince. That’s the appropriate term :roll_eyes:

“We had noble intentions…”

:yawning_face:

It’s ok. You carry that torch as long you like. Go ahead and deny that you’d be on the forums frothing at the mouth if the situation were reversed.

4 Likes

Here’s the difference between Alliance killing civilians and the Horde killing civilians:

Alliance kill civilians by accident because they wanted to destroy a Horde weapon of war but didn’t realise a mother of two was sleeping under it, or they kill them begrudgingly on purpose because despite their pleas, they take up sword against them.

Horde kill civilians by burning them alive because they ‘might’ attack them in the future.

Yeah I’m sure the reason diplomacy between the Alliance and Zandalari doesn’t work is because the ALLIANCE doesn’t want it

*fighting back

Trying looking at it from their perspective. That killing isn’t wrong.

Alliance killed Rastakhan because the Zandalari ‘might’ join them in the future.

See? I can do it too.