Was BFA Better Than Shadowlands?

tghats gonna be a no

I’m in the same boat as you, I don’t have nostalgia of BFA but I still have vivid memories of Legion and I still remember the first time I explored Suramar and Nighthold, was a great experience.

2 Likes

hmm feels like voting for a douche or a turd sandwhich

eyup

1 Like

I liked the zones, aesthetic, raids, dungeons and additional content more. I did not like the wheel of azerite. I didnt like neck, to essences, to cloak to corruption. When the systems all loosened up it was ok, but still not good. I also actually played an alliance to cap to see that side of the story.

For Shadowlands, I just didnt connect with any of it. From the get go, the gated campaign and renown felt bad. The gated soulbinds felt bad. Being locked to covenants felt bad. Torghast was not fun. Legendary crafting was expensive and not interesting or fun. The Maw was not fun. Especially With the eye timer and no mounts. Then Korthia was not fun or interesting in any way. Nathria was a fun raid, but SoD was doo doo butter.

Additionally the zones just felt so utterly separated, they were essentially islands. Having to take the worm flight all over, and through Oribos felt bad every time.

In closing, I greatly preferred BfA over Shadowlands. And as far as personal preference and how I enjoyed my time playing, BfA>WoD>SL. I didnt enjoy BfA miles over WoD. They are close, but BfA edges WoD out.

2 Likes

The Mister T mohawk grenades were better than Shadowlands really.

1 Like

No, BFA was not better. They were one, bad, ruinous arc. They both need retconning.

1 Like

I liked bfa while it was current. Had a lot of fun playing.

2 Likes

both were bad 4 years of bad expansions let hope theu do a good job on the next one.

BFA was absolute dogwater.

WOD was a masterpiece next to either of them. And that is scary to type.

5 Likes

Overall, yes. However, I wasn’t a fan of the Horde side of BfA. Was really boring.

1 Like

BFA was not very good, but it was certainly better than Shadowlands. Talk about a shallow expansion. Too many time gates and grinding for my taste.

2 Likes

I preferred BfA over Shadowlands. The stakes felt real and it felt like Warcraft. Shadowlands zones and stories felt way too alien and not at all important.

4 Likes

Yep

I do not blame the animator in the ardenweald tree scene.

Not even a hobbyist tinkerer would have released that Jaina.

It is my firm belief some bean counting pencil pushing suit said “run it!”…time is money friend and you are out of both.

but but…dude I am not done yet. its janky as hell and her face…I haven’t even did half the work for it yet.

Don’t care. Users won’t notice.

Oh…we will. I have messed up animation learning as a hobbyist. you will mess things up. Key is to know what went wrong and make it better. That is how learning happens lol.

1 Like

BFA was good until N’zoth and that corruption crap. As long as you ignored the irrational motivation behind the war.

2 Likes

Yes, BFA was better than SL.
BFA was INFINITELY better than SL.
BFA didn’t produce even 20% of the unprecedented, unequivocal disgust that SL has.

No other expansion even comes close to this level of fail. The disappointments of every other expansion combined are not equivalent to this level of fail.

SL has gutted, mangled, butchered, and profoundly destroyed the actual narrative of the game – the heart and soul of WoW. Many, many years of lore and story… annihilated. Nothing past or future will ever compare to this.

2 Likes

BFA wasn’t great, but the story was at least sensible, i feel like shadowlands is still a jumbled mess of wtfbbqsauce even in the latest Sepulcher areas.

2 Likes