Warsong Gulch Exit Portal Removal

I can feel your anger!

Why can’t you just leave the damn game alone? Private servers did Classic better than you guys and that’s NOT a compliment.

3 Likes

so #somechanges
guess you need to stop the wall jumps and terrain hacks as well, or are those ok just this one that the babies B^%^$ about needed to be fixed.

If you need to see what to fix they are thousands of you tubes …

#someChanges they will be adding flight next right

Wow the forum community will never, ever be satisfied.

The portals in battlegrounds were essentially tech debt / random flavor once the mechanic to instantly leave a BG via the easily accessible /afk command was implemented. Since the portals in WSG in Classic today are almost exclusively used as an exploit / griefing tool, it completely makes sense to get rid of the portal mechanic. The only reason why this change didn’t happen in actual vanilla is because players didn’t exploit it en-masse like you see today, and it just wasn’t a priority to deal with then. There’s huge gray areas between creative use of player mechanics and exploits, and Blizzard has always had the final say on which side of the fence these types of issues fall on.

4 Likes

Sorry, not enough. Demand a fun experience:

warts… and… all…

Remember when they addressed this in AV because the horde were being camped in their cave?

/headasplodes

fixt.

1 Like

what happened to #NoChanges? Blizzard’s promise of authentic vanilla experience…

People have been MC’d out of the portals since vanilla… it’s the real true vanilla experience.

Guess add this to the list of recent long list of Blizzard’s broken promises.

However if you’re willing to break promises and change the true vanilla experience… Rather than disable the portals, instead do one of these three:

1. change it so they can’t be used while in combat
  2. simply add some 10 yard invisible perimeter around them that breaks any Mind Control or Fear.
  3. make the portals clickable, so they must be clicked to work.

because /afk is a stupid solution, and hopefully just a temporary one. imo #3 is the best solution… clickable portals.

There’s a difference between abusing MC to instakill someone and abusing it to flag them as a deserter and lock them out of content. The first instance is what he was referring to when he said we would have to accept it.

3 Likes

Additional improvements will include modern anti-cheat/botting detection, customer service and Battle.net integration, and similar conveniences that do not affect the core gameplay experience.

2 Likes

Using MC to kill a player in a BG is perfectly fine. Using it to give them a deserter debuff and lock them out of all BGs for 15 minutes is not. If you don’t understand the difference, then I suggest you seek therapy for your condition.

4 Likes

If you’ve never see or heard of it then you probably don’t play more than 1 wsg game a day… here you go buddy

Seems like a ok fix to an exploit, I would have preferred the portals remain active, and simply ask you if you want to leave but whatever, seems silly that anyone would get upset about not being able to force players out of a battleground…like I’m sorry but you can’t honestly think blizzard would let you kick the enemy team from matches.

Also shame on anyone demanding map changes to Alterac, you don’t lose because of the terrain, you lose because huge chunks of your team aren’t trying to win or work together.

3 Likes

It does me anyways, i leave BG and im standing back where i queued from.

Well, i want map changes in AV, that do entail the Horde cave moving, but not cause of Horde winning or anything.
I want it because it comes with Landmines, and NPC’s and Ram/Worg charges and tower/bunker buffed Bosses etc.

I see, so you want a larger battle. More blood, violence and Carnage, just as it was first conceived, I’m ok with that, I liked the long drawn out battles with elites charging in alongside us.

I just can’t approve of people demanding changes because of their own teams failings, that’s all.

1 Like

Most of the pugs i get would lose if the horde cave was moved to undercity and you had to RP walk the entire way to alterac.
(too many just not actually playing, and the rest just playing their own solo game where everyone else is just an optional NPC)

But at least i would have more fun.

1 Like

Indeed, it’s a real shame, the same thing happened during the anniversary event when they remade Old AV for retail, tons of people, mostly on alliance for whatever reason(still has a lot of horde do this too) spent the whole match roping Rams or goofing off in the mines, allowing the enemy team to steamroll the few who tried to win.

It’s the same thing here, they have too many bots and rep farmers to actually get in there and win.