Warriors... lionheart helm, epic mount or both?

This is really a 2 part question… I’m wondering which is more important to farm Gold for first lionheart helm or epic mount? I’m thinking the helm, but at the same time epic mount will increase my chances of getting to nodes before other players, especially if I’m farming lotus.
Part 2:
If I’m inevitably farming for both of these as a warrior, what’s the best way to go about doing this? My current way of making money (used for my 40 mount) is only about 20g and hour and with the drop of p2 is gone down to like 14 an hour due to the market.

I’ve been dabbling with the idea of Farming bats in EPL and also leveling a mage alt to farm gold with… both of these ideas are extremely time consuming, farming herbs seems equally as time consuming.

Short of playing on the Auction, does anyone have other advice to make the 1k gold I need? (Excluding DM jump runs)
I’m herb/alch for proffs

If youre a tank:

With P3 around the corner and ony being pugged 2x a week in most cases; Im gonna say dont bother with your lionheart helm. Its 1 piece that costs upwards of 500+ gold depending on your server and its an optional BiS next to T2 which is currently available.

Just buy your mount; on the making gold front, im not positive im having the same issue myself.

1 Like

Get speed first and just use the Unforgiven mask from Strat. DPS wars typically wear nearly full rogue gear regardless because spreadsheets tell them to. You don’t want to be caught out in the open world on a slug mount with honor fiends flying around.

4 Likes

But isn’t the lionheart helm the bis for dps wars till AQ? I’ve read in most cases its bis right to TBC.

And therein lies the question, where to get the gold for the epic mount?

Yes DPS wise it is BiS; Tank wise, its nice but not required. Even a fury prot the Def and Stam on the T2 is more worth it; we can find hit and STR from other items if we pvp enough and at the rate most of us warriors make gold; we will probably achieve the honor/Rep required for those items before we get our mount+Gear lol

1 Like

I’ve been farming SFK. It’s about 12-13g an hour from vendoring items with the prospect of a twink blue that will be worth 100s of gold. I don’t try to sell the greens, I just vendor them. Maybe need to level a bank for enchanting mats, but haven’t looked into them. I do mail over the shoulders I get (about 3 per run) to my bank and try to sell them for around 20s. May also need to look into cloth selling, but I feel like the demand isn’t high for linen/wool and is oversaturated.

On the BoE front So far I’ve gotten 3 after 9 runs. 2 facesmashers and a prospector axe. They aren’t worth a lot though. The farm is just gambling for a big payday via shadowfang or assassin’s.

If you want to farm for your lionheart and maybe make some gold do DME jump runs for the thorium. Live strat farm is also not a bad thing to spam for your unforgiven helm as it’s a welfare lionheart and you can nab some orbs for gold if crusader isn’t in your future yet.

1 Like

I’ve got crusader in my bank lol.
Yea i was going to farm SFK for boes when i make a twink, but gold wise 13g an hour isnt worth it when you can farm bats in EPL for 40g an hour just vendoring trash. :slight_smile:

If youre pve pserver easy. If pvp outdoor farming can be dicey. Yesterday a raid of ally was running around EPL.

I bought Lionheart Helm for 1200g, and then my epic mount prior to honor, but I was loaned for the end of both and am paying back. (2100g, loaned 300g for helm and 350g for mount; owe 350g still, but have 150g on me.)

DM East jump runs for mining, but you pretty much need to do this with friends or guildies.

Tank some Living Strat with the first orb on reserve. Guaranteeing yourself at least one orb is about 34g, not including other drops and raw gold. You could be greedy and reserve two, or reserve the first and round robin with including yourself. Trying to reserve all orbs is a bad idea.

Farm up Golden Pearls. Rare, but coveted drop. Peaks upwards of 54g a pop on my server. These can be farmed in Feralas or Azshara, as well as Tanaris (worst place, imo). Both places are high drop rate on the clams, but unfortunately drop little else.

Small Radiant Shards are 3-5g a piece, and you can solo RFD and get, like, 5-6 per run. Alternatively, you can do SM Cathedral/Armory for them; you can skip pretty much all of the trash in Armory, but only 1 shard/run.

Shadowfang Keep farming for twink items, but it’s another one of those long-shot farms.

Sell your butt for some tanking service money. Protstitution was more of a thing in later expansions, but it exists in classic, too. Just make sure you’re tanking a dungeon where the raw drops are at least semi-lucrative on top of it.

1 Like

If you’re interested in PvP at all, or are on a PvP server, the mount is probably the better investment.

I went the helm route - farmed most of the mats myself (mined all the crystals and paid 5g per xmute) - had to buy a few blue sapphires (they are rarer than arcane crystals!).

T2 helm for my tank set (and +40 stam for a pvp helm is insane) and LHH for dps/threat.

Still 300g off my mount.

It really depends on what you do most of the time - raid dps go LHH all the way. If you spend alot of time in the world farming or pvping, you are better off getting the mount and using a better itemized helm (6-9% hit cap is only relevent to a raid boss).

I went helm then mount. I tend to value character performance over transport speed. I dont farm nodes in the open world because competition and pvp realy slows farming diwn.

buy your mount first. the helm upgrade is insignificant when compared. you can use anything else before getting it

And have no upgrades after getting it.

It depends on what you do with most of your wow time.

I’d rather get the mount.

The helm is great but isn’t super important unless you’re under hit cap and undergeared in general; you can make due with a blue like Helm of the Executioner. But it’ll depreciate in value as phases roll by.

The mount will always be useful, especially for PVP.

The helm is bis forever. Also the helm your talking about doesnt exist yet.

Mount. Easily. Once I got an epic mount, I was able to farm the mats for Lionheart in just three days.

Definitely get Epic mount first, much more critical. Honestly it should be first priority of anyone after hitting level 60. I see so many people keep putting it off.

I went Epic mount first, it took a couple weeks but honestly wasn’t too bad. I got a little help from a lucky Krol Blade drop. But made most of the money from straight dungeon runs. Nothing in particular. I still needed some pre-raid BIS so i was knocking two birds out with one stone. If you stop spending gold altogether you’d be surprised how much you can bring in just simply playing the game. I was making anywhere from 50g-100g a night. Not a lot compared to some farming methods but it worked for me.

For Lionheart helmet I just teamed up with a healer, shaman works best and a DPS and we did three man jump runs. If we got lucky with a crystal i just paid them their share and i ended up getting a big discount on crystals. Win/win. I abused my guildies for free transmutes where i could and hit up the mining routes late late server time hoping to get lucky on a few nodes. When i had a little extra cash i just picked up a crystal or two off AH for a good price.

All in all it wasn’t nearly as difficult a task as it may initially seem. The key thing is to keep chipping away at it. And if you’re going for your mount, dedicate yourself and stop spending gold. Like spend literally 0 gold and your funds should start accumulating.

Meaning your only source of income is AH and jump runs?

If you are dps and plan to raid hardcore then Lionheart is priority.