Warrior utility in M+

I love Warrior, but just moved to Survival.

Ive pushed as high as I can in War, but its so hard to Pug, we can do great DPS and often lets say every 1.5mins, but then you look at surv and you do that and more every 40secs.
Watched one of Biz’ videos yesterday he did huge damage in a 27SD, id say though its a huge skill gap to get it to do that kind of dps.

Where as i barely know the survival rotation and do more damage at lower ilvl and have much more utility. I just needed to remember last boss in DOS im not a warrior!!!

We need them to revert the set nerf to be really viable imo.

1 Like

Our “raw power” isn’t really valuable enough tho. Warriors won’t deal more damage (or bring utility) than any other class, and even when that happens: we usually die because we don’t have misdirection or the defense to actually tank the mobs long enough for tank to aggro them back (seriously, it happens a L O T). Warrior is in a really weird spot rn, there is not a single reason to pick it over any other class, unless your other options are worse, which is just bad design overall.

And that’s the thing: we don’t have anything to give but they take it anyway. Where’s our baseline stun like 90% of dps classes? Why our Single Target’s so low and our AoE is acceptable when it should be stronger for the lack of st? We don’t have lust, Brez nor the damage to compensate it in any scenario. Then at the first sign of good performance they nerf warriors or make some weird changes…

4 Likes

To be fair, the survival rotation is basically “press bomb” now to be minimally functional and do a ton of dps.

I have a hunter sitting at like 260 and 4pc and I was so excited that sv was good until I realized that mongoose fury is no longer the meta and you basically just kill command and bomb and track pheromone bomb.

But to your point (and I haven’t really hit fury’s soft limit yet) in thinking of just swapping to my monk or sv Hunter and just picking away at the teleports I still need in case they buff fury or I get lucky and finally get a gavel at some point. I can’t even really get gear improvements outside of heroic/mythic sigil and gavel so even mythic raiding isn’t that attractive this tier.

But this isn’t the argument. It’s not comparing BM to the other specs. That would change our argument to Fury vs Arms, in which Fury would be perfectly fine in that scenario lol.

I don’t totally disagree with what you’re saying though. But I’ll have to touch on that later. Work time

/wave

Edit: so a lot of classes start to fall off after 20. And some of this is in part to being weak, others to being that not many push past the 15-20 range.

50/50. While Fury doesn’t have the greatest ST, they were highest representation in Mythic SoFO. In the early stages of progression, especially in Mythic, you don’t take the weak classes. Yet Fury and Balance were neck and neck, and hand over fist above the others in representation.

And with how the FOMO crowd operates, you can kinda associate representation to power as the Meta numbers increase drastically from season to season.

But then the other side of that coin, as pointed out: BM when content gets difficult.

Then why are they in the top 80% representation of ALL DPS in 25 and up keys? Lol 4th highest representation out of 24 specs. They can’t suck that bad :stuck_out_tongue:

So what you’re saying is there’s no reason to being a Warrior, unless there is? Just yanking ya, but Fury Warriors are holding their own in top keys. And it’s from their damage profile. Great sustained AoE and amazing on demand burst.

Great thing about groups is you can cover the utility from the 4 others in the group. Now that isn’t a good design, just bringing someone for strictly DPS, but that’s the spot Fury is in right now =/

DPS over most of their DPS brethren. Not all, but most. In the 10-20 range, it seems every group has a Warrior nowadays.

I dropped my Hunter when it became Meta in 9.2. I geared him up a little, got him his 2 piece…and I’m bored with him. Numbers are good…but numbers can’t overrule the boring. I’ve been gearing up my Monk and Prot Warrior and been having a blast with those two though.

AoE Fear
Hamstring
Piercing Howl (AoE Snare)
Intervene
Spell reflect
Rally
Battle Shout

Intimidating shout as an psuedo-interrupt? Piercing howl as a 70% AoE slow? Commanding shout for insane group survivability? Oh, and hamstring. And intervene.

If it’s not a raging week I’d rather bring a warrior over a hunter if covenants aren’t in contention.

Bring a class for DPS and DPS only, and still deal less overall damage than classes with more utility, that’s my problem with the state of Fury rn and that shouldn’t happen. Im down for being weaker than Locks, Hunters and DK’s if there is still a reason to be picked over them because we give the group X that none of them does. Either they give us damage to deal stupid numbers and almost to no utility or they give us real utility and less numbers.

Hunters have literally all of the above but Rallying Cry. Plus Faint Death, Turtle, Freeze and Misdirection. And in high end content, Intervene is basically suicide in every scenario you would want to use it for its effect, it’s just a mobility skill.

Lmao, this is the first time i read that. Unless the Hunter is BM, youre just choosing the weaker option.

Rally and Piercing Howl are the only valuable utilities for Warriors. Spell Reflect is a personal, Hamstring costs rage which decrease damage overall (and it’s capped to 5 target bc of how whirlwind works, so u have to use it multiple times and refresh it), Intervene is just personal mobility or suicide, Battle Shout only works for Physical and u just use it for buffing hunters nowadays lmao (and if u want that, monks should work better). AoE fear it’s mediocre at best, cause more often than not it can screw the whole pull and doesn’t affect undead, so no using it in NW, PF, DoS and ToP.

non of the shouts are worth a penny. Other than the battle shout that gives party members 10% dps for an hour

How do warriors buff hunters? Don’t they buff all physical damage classes?

Battle Shout = increases attack power.

Intimidating Shout = AoE interrupt. Great tool.
Rallying Cry = great for AoE damage. And there’s a lot of it. Gets better the higher the key goes.
Piercing Shout = just as useful as anyone else’s slow when slows are required

Yeah, I’m not so sure about these shout comments, there’s plenty of utility in them. Piercing is good and gains even more value in a week like necrotic or spiteful.

Int shout, especially when your spear is down so nothing can actually escape, is pretty solid for an aoe interrupt that doesn’t contribute to the stun DR.

We don’t have rogue utility, but to say we have no utility is just dramatic or not using your buttons.

1 Like

The shouts feel more situational at best if I’m going to be honest. Battle shout is a given at the start of the run or it’s refreshed for those who died and raised.

P.Shout is good for large packs that you know will run on low health. Only place I found it is in Gambit with the Murloc packs, Our fear is 2 mins and I rather be Night Fae over using the fear. Shorter cool down and can mass interrupt large packs. (Good to pair of with P.Shout.)

Rallying Cry is our only good Utility but other classes have better. One thing about RC is that it’s 3 mins, offers no healing only temp Hit Points which go away.

What people are saying though is other classes and specs have much better group utility which warriors would have to spec into or choose a covenant that gives you the utility (Aka Necrolord, Night Fae and Kyrian).

Firstly, if you think shouts are only situational utility I don’t know what to tell you.

Warrior has been light on utility compared to, say, rogue forever. Choosing to play a warrior if you want a ton of utility is foolish.

It’s like dating someone and expecting them to change into what you want them to. You know what we have, you know the soonest things like this gets changed is new expansions.