Warrior stance macros - am I doing it right?

Mainly regarding abilities that can be used in 2 stances. E.g. hamstring can be used in battle or berserker stance. I obviously want to be able to switch if I’m in defensive stance, but not necessarily if I’m already in battle or berserker stance. Also, I obviously don’t have berserker stance yet so can’t test fully. Right now my macro is as follows:

#showtooltip Hamstring
/cast [stance:2] Battle Stance
/cast [stance:1,3] Hamstring

It seems to be working correctly when I use it in defensive stance, but I did get an “unkown macro command” message in regards to the numbers for the stances when I made the macro, though it does not seem to affect the macro’s functionality so far.

If it becomes too complicated later on I might just scrap stance macros and get used to manually swapping stances with keybinds.

Thanks for any information!

Try using a forward slash / instead of a comma

#showtooltip Hamstring
/cast [stance:2] Battle Stance
/cast [stance:1/3] Hamstring

have you tried manually swapping to your desired stance before using the desired ability?
it works just fine for me; i have almost never have problems stance dancing when doing this, aside from changing stances so fast after a charge sometimes that i just dont charge

Ok cool I’ll keep that in mind for when I get berserker stance. Thanks!

Yeah, if I can’t find a macro system that ends up working exactly how I want I’ll most likely just do this. Thanks for the suggestion dude!

Have a look at Elite’s Warrior tanking guide. It’s got some great explanations of macros and general dungeon tanking for Classic.

1 Like

Oh hell yeah! I did some google searching and found a few warrior macro threads and guides but they only give the finished product and don’t explain how the syntax works very much. This is exactly what I was looking for. Bookmarked and much appreciated again!

1 Like