Warrior or DK for Shadow Lands

Hi Everyone,

I normally only do mythic plus on my tanks with the occasional raid. I realize that if you are not doing high keys or mythic that class doesn’t matter, but I would like to choose a tank that makes life easy at the start of the expansion. Should I stick with my war despite the nerfs to their dps, or should i go with the blood dk at first and wait till more gear and changes become available for the prot warrior mid xpac? Thank you!

Blood DK is notoriously bad at holding aggro in M+, their kit at least in BFA isn’t that great when i comes to holding aggro on multiple targets when it comes to DPS bursting.

Do you expect it to continue that way into shadowlands?

I personally didn’t look to deep into it but unless they got new tools to help with aoe aggro I doubt so.

Warriors are losing major talent choices, while dk is only gaining utility. My opinion dk will be better than warrior in shadowlands

warriors have so many more cooldowns and a much wider toolkit and we dont know how game breaking the legendaries will be but if i had to guess they will be taking the best ones from legion and adding a few more.both dk and war had insanely strong legendaries so if you are basing you class choice strictly one which is better will prob have to wait a little longer

I hear the one major factor when picking a class, is between the computer screen and the chair.

Play what you’re good at/have fun with.

8 Likes

well thats not always right

I realize that skill matters most as well as the fact that class doesn’t matter unless its cutting edge type content. I play both tanks equally as well and as much. I just wanted to know which of the two would either be a safer bet or make my life easier as someone who mainly does mythic+ with pugs in the 0-15 range based on what has been seen from alpha and patch notes.

there is a lull at the start of the expansion before pvp,m+, and raids so level both. we wont know which will be stronger until we see legendaries, soul binds, and have closer to launch tuning pass

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, sounds good!

1 Like

I don’t see prot warriors losing much in alpha so far. Matter of fact they get execute and ww back as well as a very beefy revenge. I think warriors will still be beastly in Shadowlands. Dk might be slightly better but who knows and who cares if you really like warrior play as I think they will be very viable in any form of begining expac content.

1 Like

Stick with warrior m8, we’re getting shattering throw back. No longer will paladins get to pop bubble and pwn on us or pop it and hearth out.

DK easier, war more fun and better overall imo.

2 Likes

I think both will be pretty fun in SL, but it’s too early to tell which will be better.

Warrior definitely won’t be as strong as it is now but will be much more active and fun than it already is. DK is getting a lot of tools baseline and will have a lot of utility along with good self sustain, but as someone else said they do have aggro problems.

1 Like