Warrior Class Design

It feels like they’re slapping abilities like slam and whirlwind onto prot just for the sake of it, they don’t add anything to the spec. They are there to make the class feel unpruned but who cares if it’s pointless?

And I’m sure I’m not going to be the only one irritated that I have to manage three weapons again just to play my class at the same capacity as others classes. It’s just bad design.

5 Likes

This is my only real worry.
Forced macros for a single class is not engaging nor flavorful. It’s annoying, clunky, and outdated.

1 Like

Why does current mastery make you dorks so enraged. I’m really curious.

3 Likes

I would hope that the shield block/pain suppression is mainly there for PvE purposes, IE if we want to slap on a shield and off-tank in some weird situation.

If there’s a patch note like:

Old:
Bloodthirst: Assault the target in a bloodthirsty crazy, dealing 11,660 Physical damage and restoring 5% of your health.
New:
Bloodthirst: Assault the target in a bloodthirsty crazy, dealing 11,660 Physical damage and restoring 1% of your health.

Old:
Enraged Regeneration: Reduces damage taken by 30% and Bloodthirst restores an additional 20% health. Usable while stunned. Lasts 8 seconds
New:
Enraged Regeneration: Reduces damage taken by 10% and Bloodthirst restores an additional 5% health. Usable while stunned. Lasts 8 seconds

etc, etc

But hey you guys have Shield Block & Pain Suppression now!

I’m gonna be…upset.

6 Likes

I’m new to current BFA, really just gearing my characters up due to the xp buff. Is arms still rage starved constantly or does that change with gear? That’s the only reasoning I can see with the mastery still being a bleed. If what I remember is correct you tend to sit around and wait for rage gen because you don’t fill all your globals. I’m all for the additional utility as well. I did RBG’s for a hot min early on in BFA and outside of Defensive stance(talented into) and Die by the Sword I have nothing in terms of defense. Maybe I’m just bad but can anybody speak to the fact that despite wearing plate we tend to die pretty quick?

man i just wish gladiator stance was in those notes

2 Likes

Please give

1. Single minded fury
  2. Glad stance (less worried about this because balance will probably suck)
1 Like

Having more defensive options as arms will only make PVP and solo play better. With Tower of Grind being a main feature in SL, you’ll want as many buttons as possible imo.

Btw, I’ll almost guarantee there won’t be wep swap macros for shield abilities, so you “raiders” won’t have to worry. It’ll probably be the same generic animation as dstance.

WHY do we still have deep wounds. im pissed.

4 Likes

I know I’m in the massive minority here, but I personally love the bleed passive. I wish Rend was part of the base kit, too.

3 Likes

I posted on crud monk alt for some reason, lol.

I’m new to the class, I just started playing warrior this expac, but to me, the unprunning they are doing is causing the class to lose some spec identity (giving Shield Slam and Shield Block to arms and fury) and giving abilities to prot like WW.

1 Like

Rend being baseline would be fine, but the fact 20-30% of our damage is from a passive bleed (not to mention the actual stat of mastery is awful even tho its our highest damage) is bad design. I would much rather have it be 5% of our damage, and redistribute that damage back out into actual abilities like MS/Execute/Overpower, and return to harder hitting abilities with a moderate cooldown. Reward Uptime on a target, not trying to spread a bleed.

7 Likes

I was a post on reddit today, it seems Ion on his twitter liked a tweet asking for Single Minded Fury.

Maybe, just maybe, Warriors will get to dual wield 1 handers in some way.

In lieu of Arms having a bleed for mastery, I think it might go a bit better with the class fantasy of “patient warrior biding his time” or however they described it, to have a buff for one of our spells that stacks passively. The damage of each stack could increase along with mastery on our gear, for instance if you wait until max stacks your next big boy attack hits really hard. Infrequent huge numbers are supposed to be the name of the game after all.

I agree. Have a filler like Slam add a stack to it so it’s more interactive and have the stacks increase your MS damage.

Weapon restriction on abilities removed, except for ones that make sense I.e. shield block/shield slam requiring a shield.
SMF returned
Gladiator Stance
2H and shield for prot
More vrykul transmog
Vrykul allied race

Those are the things I want. Probs dreaming, but I can hope

1 Like
  • Cleave (Talent) has been redesigned—after striking three targets with Whirlwind, the Warrior can use Cleave to strike all enemies in front of the Warrior,
    This made me laugh, because the (Talent) already does this if you choose it as arms lol now they tied it into ww… what a joke, they front line this as a change when it’s the same thing currently in bfa.
    All the baseline abilities are nothing new, It should have been done since MOP.
    Returning abilities like Heroic strike,

-Stance change with it’s passive abilities would be real change, since they are returning abilities they should return this to to Fury, Arms and Prot as well.
-Executioners Precision, Return this ability to arms and remove this lack luster WOD end game FOB play style. It’s been used for 2 expansions and it sucks

-Give back Recklessness to Arms because it was our only burst window. All we do it just rely on buffs instead of abilities to do damage atm.

-Return CS back to fury because that would benefit the spec much more since it’s stupid on apm’s. It’s useless for arms considering the downtime on abilities.

On a final note warriors were perfect in mop, It’s frustrating that they gut all 3 specs,decided to make changes, removed abilities, and destroy a class that took years to evolve into a really enjoyable part of world of warcraft. Instead of (Adding abilities to the class) they have done nothing but taken away and gave back, nothing is new for Shadowlands

2 Likes

If they added stances, the restrictions and all, id be happy and start playing retail more then once a week xD

Man im trying to figure out why they so mad at having to carry a shield to use a shield ability.

Makes sense to me.

1 Like