Warrior Aggro issues in lvl 30+ Dungeons

Yeah, there’s a cutoff where Demo shout is better but I doubt people asking for advice on threat are spam aoeing down 10+ mobs in SM. Saying demo is better in every situation lacks nuance and is…wrong (which you didn’t do, I have no problems with your post because it’s great info lol). You’re gonna have a bad time spamming demo shout on 2-3 mob pulls

Yeah, theorycrafting is - by definition - a theory. I’m literally pulling a group of 3 mobs with charge, thunderclapping, and spamming demo shout and not losing threat at all. I’ve be doing this consistently since SM. But I can tell your sensitive to your github page so I’ll say thanks for putting that information together.

Indeed, for tanking 2-4 mobs, ether tab sunder/revenge or battle shout once everyone is in combat, the issue with battle shout spam is I think a lot of people start spamming it before everyone is in combat, or they are out of range. So you are only getting 1-2 stacks of battle shout that actually matter and that is divided between all the mobs. giving 110 threat per mob(at 60) divided by 4 is 27.5 vs 47 threat for demo shout.

1 Like

It’s not my github, but okay.

You’re sensitive to being wrong apparently. Demo Shout is a great AoE threat tool. It’s not THE BEST in every situation no matter what you say

Ah so you didn’t do any of the theorycrafting on that page and are just blindly spouting it back. Got it.

You’re blindly spouting bad information. Idk what your problem is. Should’ve just taken the information and thought about it a little bit instead of vehemently defending your position based on personal experience rather than the testing of some of the best Classic warriors around right now

Honestly, tank with a 2H. That’s what I do. Speed clear dungeons and never lose aggro.

Open with sweeping strikes into a whirlwind, then sunder and tab target.

Oh definitely, a lot of the battle shout problems is they’re just not using it right so it seems like Demo is better all the time.

I also like to consider the damage loss of spamming shouts in low level dungeons especially now that we aren’t 10 manning, it goes a lot quicker if I’m a little less sticky but doing twice as much damage since we have so many tools to stop runners and get them back on us (most people aren’t going to be running with 3 mages where they do all the damage, I’ve been cycling guildies in and out of my groups so my comp is never static)

Warrior tanking in Classic is one complicated beast, which is honestly why I love it so much. I mean honestly, the class in general is one that’s super hard to master. I love it.

1 Like

Sunder armor, best threat ability you can use and it keeps generating threat over 5 stacks, just keep smacking that on everything around you and maybe spec into tactical mastery.

2 Likes

Your group needs to understand the importance of focus firing too. Kill skull. While they work, you get sunders out to the rest of the mobs. Buy some dynamite too if you need to and can afford it. Stay in D stance more too.

Politely ask your DPS to not go ham as soon as the pull occurs. If they can’t wait <5 seconds for you to get rage, demo/battle, and start sundering, then you should find different people to run with. This is vanilla, we didn’t say it was hard for no reason. Threat is a real mechanic that requires all party members to pay attention.

Also, there’s no reason you should feel the need to switch stances once combat begins (unless you’re tanking Ony I guess). Thunder Clap Aggro and damage is a joke, and you’re better off using that rage for a shout, HS, or sunder.

2 Likes

Far later at level 60. I believe it was 2% increase to threat and increased run speed. Might even be from TBC or Wrath actually.

I need help bringing attention to a warrior threat bug that lets warriors generate tons of aoe threat off spamming demo shout when it should not.

Proof esfand has been using a warrior to generate unlimited aoe threat all day twitchdottv/esfandtv

Clearly a bug and makes paladins totally useless for aoe tanking if its not fixed.

If true, shouldn’t this have been discovered in the beta already?

Demo shout and tc dont provide alot of agro. Also more classes have more AOE. Your best bet is sunder+ revenge

Be sure to use a 1 hander and shield. There is no need to go prot. Use sunder like has been suggested. You might be interested to check out some of the “TDP” videos that Preach made on the beta about tanking.

Well this didn’t age well. Demoralizing shout is bugged and it is why we have this AoE meta - #64 by Aggrend-1483

lolololololol

2 Likes

Working as intended. Haha.

Just like all the instances and raids right.

Isnt there some exploit Warriors are using for massive threat?