WARNING- TCG or Blizzard Store Purchasers

The “didn’t say it was” was referring to the TOS stuff lol

The post you were replying to had nothing to do with the ToS.

Dude, get a life lol. I’ve got 16,000 hours in this game lol and this is the first time I’ve ever been pist enought to post.
Tovi, I’m posting here to warn others that don’t already know that blizzard can alter any cash purchases anytime they want.
I’m also pointing out how unfair it is that they choose to do it without considering the purchaser’s feelings towards the changes.
Blizzard/Activision is failing, and it’s these kind of inconsiderate actions that add to their poor image.
I will accept their TOS, but never make another purchase from their store.

1 Like

No, you purchased access to an art asset.

To paraphrase the Blizzard EULA, Blizzard owns the code, and they reserve the right to modify it in any manner they choose.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I’m talking about. Your opinion isn’t the only one that matters. I think these changes are amazing and I look forward to more.

1 Like

I didn’t say my opinion is “the only one that matters”.
I’m warning people that ONLY BLIZZARD’S OPINION MATTERS.
We aren’t given an option to keep the model we like.
I’m thrilled you like the new model. Yipee. You got lucky.
Blizzard could’ve changed it to something you didn’t like too. They never gave us a choice.
My point is Tovi, ONLY BLIZZARD’S OPINION MATTERS. It is why their business model is failing.
I can’t waste anymore brain cells on this point.
Everyone take care!

3 Likes

The ToS plainly states that they can change anything & everything about the game whenever they feel like it, whether you like it or not. You agreed to this when you clicked “Accept”. Therefore it IS about the ToS and if they feel the change(s) need to be made, then yes they will “actually do it”. (And as was mentioned above, at the end of the day you are simply renting EVERYTHING that you have available to you when you log into the game - Cash Shop items like mounts and pets are special items you paid some extra cash to unlock the use of for as long as your account remains in good standing and the game remains available to play.

In this case, the changes are part of updating the entire game world with more realistic 3D models. Your mount got changed because it’s a Tallstrider and ALL Tallstriders are being changed. The Spectral Tiger mount will probably also be changed because ALL of the big cats in the game world are being changed.

FYI, these changes are being made BECAUSE Blizzard listens to their playerbase (and also because the old models look quite awful now that we have better CPUs and graphics cards) - players have been complaining for YEARS about how terrible the wildlife looks, especially those that we are able to use as mounts.

I’m sorry you feel outraged, but your post is unwarranted. You don’t need to “warn” players about what’s in the ToS since most of us know & understand the basic terms of online gaming already.

7 Likes

I’m sorry but several governments of the world have made it clear that you are incorrect.

Assets purchased in game are more and more being recognized as an owned item.

Witness the Horde chopper model. The plan was to make it availble for purchase at a later date. However due to gaming laws in various places this was not possible as it wa an item offered in a contest. A legal recognition that it is an item, and not just some vague notion of “license to x”.

I hope they can make the original Model available to the op, I should think it would be fairly simple to add it in as an additional mount.

2 Likes

wins my award for most ironic post of the day.

People have spent years asking for updates to pretty much every model in the game.

Blizzard listened… so how did you come to the conclusion that the only opinion which matters, is Blizzards?

How about all the people who asked for model updates?
How about all the people who are happy with the model updates?
Their opinions matter too.

7 Likes

But that’s exactly how you came across and I even quoted where you did it. If you would have worded your post differently, I wouldn’t have bothered you at all. Here’s another example of you only thinking of yourself:

I don’t want the bird to go back to the original model. What about my opinion? And they’re not going to have two separate models for every mount they update. Didn’t work for old character models.

p.s. Just as an FYI, you didn’t buy those codes from Blizzard. The codes were sold by Upper Deck Entertainment then Cryptozoic Entertainment.

1 Like

I don’t really have much of a dog in this fight, but if Blizz were to update my Dragonwrath model, I’ll be very glad.

Especially if they were to update the transformation to have regular transformation emotes (which are in the game, you just can’t use them - if you use a Reflecting Prism you gain access to things like /sit and the like)

yep…blizz should never changed something like that.
Not sure why they are even using resources to make such unnecessary changes.
Totally uncalled for and totally unnecessary.

+1 for u OP.

Glad that blizz is getting called out in China.

2 Likes

Let’s face it. You don’t actually care about what these mounts look like. You’re just a collector of rare things, and you do it to flex.

1 Like

They can update models without so significantly changing the color scheme. They retained the original color scheme for the Swift Forest Strider; why not for the Swift Shorestrider?

The Swift Shorestrider prior to 8.1 had a more vibrant body color and, importantly, a prominent and vibrant orange underside.

The Swift Forest Strider is the same model with a vibrant purple body and a green underside. It managed to keep its green underside (albeit in a less prominent fashion) and vibrant purple body in the same 8.1 model update. I don’t know why they wouldn’t have retained the orange underside of the Swift Shorestrider as well.

Of course Blizzard can change whatever they want, whenever they want, and customers agree to that. But Blizzard created and promoted for sale a mount with a specific and unique appearance (edit: that being the color scheme). Customers who purchased that mount for that specific and unique appearance (color scheme) have a right to be unhappy about such a significant change.

2 Likes

I don’t think you understand how any of this works YOU don’t own anything you own a trading card. Let me guess you own your account too? Also no you rent it.

1 Like

I’m not sure why they took away his orange neck but to me it wasn’t a big deal. He still stands out. However, that would have been a more legit complaint than “u altered MY MODEL”

Probably not much can be done about it now. :confused:

From the pictures, the details on the new one are much nicer, but anyone has to agree the colors on the new model are very dull in comparison to the old and completely changed. They should have at least retained the colors. (Disclaimer: I don’t own the mount or know anyone who does, so I can only compare the images online.)

Whenever they completely change something like that, while it is well within their right, I consider it an overall poor decision. Saying “some people like it that way” is kind of just saying “screw you if you liked it before.”

But to be fair, it’s probably hard for devs to tell what some players might consider an annoying or “too big” change. When they did the character model revamp, they added a bone into the hair of my female troll (has the top ponytail hairstyle) and I’m completely sincere when I say that bone irritates the hell out of me. I still don’t think updating the graphics of the hairstyle should have encompassed adding things that weren’t there at all before. There is probably some change that irritates the heck out of someone else which I don’t care about and/or like. So we should all understand the OP’s frustration.

Renting sounds like a better term

I understand his point just fine but just because I understand it doesn’t mean I agree or think it’s right.

Like I said to Hrumn, I don’t know why they took away his orange neck, I’m indifferent to it, but I think it’s a more legit complaint than “I paid money for that model so that makes it mine” or “I don’t care what anyone else thinks, these changes should be reversed because I’m unhappy.”

… so they updated a model to mesh with the game better and you’re complaining?

1 Like