Warning: Arena/RBG participation is about to fall off a cliff

After tomorrow gear from Emissary quests will be 400 ilvl instead of 385.

There’s a tiny section of hardcore PvPers who do rated Arenas or RBGs purely for rating & fun but most players do it largely for gear, which is why seasons are so dead after everyone finishes gearing up their main.

Well from tomorrow there’s little point doing any rated PvP content for gear when world quest welfare epics are the same ilvl as Conquest gear. They won’t award Maledicts perhaps but I doubt that’ll bother most casuals, who will use unrated BGs & World PvP to get their PvP fix instead.

History shows players will always take the path of least resistance and let’s be honest about this, grinding Conquest through Arenas or RBGs is not an enjoyable experience for most players right now. I’ll be shocked if they don’t desert rated PvP in droves and participation numbers are at worst-ever levels already.

1 Like

I don’t get this post… pvp is about rating too.

RBGs fell off a cliff into a field of land mines years ago :question::interrobang::question:

1 Like

Excuse me. But hasnt pvp participation fallen off a cliff already. Unless youre saying its going to fall off the face of the earth? :smile::smile::smile::smile:

3 Likes

Part of the reason I quit doing RBGs this season after a few wins. The pvp doesnt feel satisfying to play in a rated environment, and the gear you get is laughable. Just not worth grinding out anything anymore. Play strictly casual and multiclass and you will have a better time.

I’d go INSANE if i only played 1 class.

1 Like

Like I said a small portion of players will always participate in Rated PvP for ratings, transmog, pure enjoyment, epeen stiffening, and to connect with the PvP community.

However WoW history tells us most players do rated PvP only for Conquest gear - which as of tomorrow will be no better than world quest rewards.

I’m just warning you guys that as low as participation currently is, its about to get a whole lot worse. Will be interesting to see if it leads to ratings deflation.

1 Like

can’t go lower than the zero participation we have now…

The PvP gearing system is an absolute joke. You’ve gotta go through 9 conquest caps before you can get 400 ilvl, and actually win games to get those conquest points.

To have world quests reward 400 ilvl is an absolute disgrace and slap in the face for people wanting actual PvP gear. Not to mention the drop rates on PvP gear is just as bad.

We said the same in Legion.

And believe me, knowing Blizzard… one day we will be missing BfA.

Where does “wow history” tell us that?

Can we just go back to vendors already and getting tokens to buy decent starter pvp gear with tokens earned via random bgs or something and any skrims or rated arena? Is it so hard to put like daily quests in to kill x amount of players in wsg or ab that gives you gold and bonus tokens to buy even more gear or even more quests for wpvp? I just want pvp to matter in this game again tired of farming m+ to be relevant

I hope it does. I hope most pvpers actually quit the game. Maybe then they’ll realize “Oh, we’re actually losing out on money because our PvP is trash as all hell”

I’d bet 75% of the playerbase rated 1800+ would honestly rather play solitaire or minesweeper than this abomination in its atrocious state.

But that ain’t mah business tho. -sips tea-

The biggest problem in modern wow is how quickly they make gear obsolete. I have no reason for playing right now. Who cares, all of the work I put in is just going to be worthless in 8.2. Why even bother.

To add onto that, does gear even matter in pvp? Its hard for me to tell which is sad.