Warmode and its harm to the game

I feel this needs to be said, as I have yet to see many people talking about it. But as a player who does not play this game for its PvP aspect, I can say that making there be an “incentive” to play warmode (25% more resources for Alliance players) is probably the worst mechanic to ever preface this game. Let me tell you why.

I play on Dalaran, a mainly Alliance based server. We should realistically have an advantage in this state. However, I find that every 2-3 minutes in the open world, I am ganked and killed by a large group of horde players. This causes my time to be wasted, as well as I feel ripped from the actual grind. I want to be able to get the same amount of resources as everyone else, why is there a bonus to these people in warmode?
World PvP doesn’t feel “Fresh” or “Fun” because its either you in a group and killing people while doing other things, or you dying all the time (Like I said, every 2-3 minutes) because of large horde groups. Blizzard, Take out the incentive to play in warmode, you will see that there are WAY too many players who don’t want to be in warmode. ESPECIALLY for your awful dailies. I just want to get my farming done and I, as well as a lot of players, Don’t want to waste time fighting or running from groups of players.

I do want to say here at the end, I know I can turn it off, I want the bonus resources so I can be ahead of the curve, but I don’t want to do that trash in warmode. Maybe a little extra farming outside of warmode, idgaf, but warmode is aids and needs to be removed.

EDIT: Since this post, blizzard did drop the reward in Warmode by a considerable enough margin that it doesn’t bother me much to lose out on the extra Visions.

As someone who does enjoy WPVP and has stayed home to a server known for such, have you tracked the differences in farming gains with regards to time with it on or off?

If you have, I’d be curious to see some numbers. It’d be hard to argue against the notion that one point of having a Warmode bonus is so that it can make up for lost time in combat with another player, even if the “combat” is being ganked.

3 Likes

When I find myself in a similar situation with the horde gank squads, I usually take a break. I go down to jack in the box and get me two ultimate bacon cheeseburgers and a large Oreo shake, then I go to wienerschinzel and get 2 all beef chilli cheesedogs and a large chilli cheese fries and then a final stop at wendys for some chicken nuggets and a salad, because I’m trying to be healthy. By the time I get home the horde have moved on or started watching cartoons and I can quest.

Well if they ARE still there then I just throw on a episode of Inuyasha and enjoy the mid day snacks I just went to go get. After all that if they are STILL there, then i take a health nap for 3-5 hours, then I can quest in peace.

4 Likes

when Im farming like now I turn off warmode when Im done I turn it back on. it feels funny when its off not looking over your shoulder all the time but also refreshing I can actually us my cooldowns on the npc’s instead of saving them for being ganked

1 Like

As one Alliance Dalaran inhabitant to another either put your big boy pants on and fight or turn off warmode.

You either need to like wpvp with all of its ugliness, which to many of us are beautiful, or you need to learn to like it. That’s what the AOO is for, a bribe for you to try it. Try it and like it and stick with it, regardless of AOO, or realize its not for you.

You clearly expected to be in an alliance-heavy situation and get safety in numbers so you could get the bonuses without actually having to wpvp. Found out the hard way that’s not how things work.

There are problems with warmode for sure. Sharding doesn’t always work great and it broke up existing pvp communities, but I think with time the technical issues will get better and people will find ways to create new, non-realm specific communities. From my point of view, warmode is a very rare win in an expansion with way too many losses. It’s probably the only good thing that will outlive BfA.

7 Likes

incentive IS to kill HORDE or ALLIANCE in a PVP environment.

Incentive is to PVP without ANY limitations,

Use of TOYS, numbers, flying, unpredictably.

If I ask YOU what is the incentive TO play this GAME?
There isn’t ANY other than ENTERTAINMENT.

Its the SAME in WARMODE, those WHO love IT are IN IT whether THEY get a crappy piece of GEAR or not, BECAUSE your GEAR becomes irrelevant after a WHILE, GREAT incentive!!!

2 Likes

The problem is not warmode, but LFG. When you can get a raid group in any shard any time of the day, then World PvP becomes less about skirmishes and more about overblobing the enemy’s blob.

Also, bounties are poopoo. It’d be better if the map showed PvP activity, like EVE’s statistics for ships killed in system.

2 Likes

Warmode is the single best thing to happen to the game in a long time - for both PvPers and you whiny carebears. Regardless of your server, your faction, or anything else, you can either fully opt in or fully opt out. The choice is totally yours.

The small bonuses from playing with warmode on are meant to offset the inconveniences of being attacked by enemy players.

There is no grand conspiracy and it sure isn’t harming anything except your entitled attitude lol.

10 Likes

So you want all of the reward, and none of the risk. Got it.

Warmode isn’t for you. Turn it off.

8 Likes

Ahead of what curve ?

Are you trying to do some world first or something ??

One look at the OP’s account achievements will answer that for you, Dosao. OP is clearly a casual player in PVE and PVP (not that there is anything wrong with that). The idea that someone that raids casually and doesn’t pvp at all somehow needs to min-max their AP farming is absolutely absurd. Even more absurd is the idea WM should be removed because:

Turning WM off will accomplish exactly what OP wants (gank free farming/questing) that will have no impact on his/her extremely casual progression. e.g. no Mythic progress at all, and AOTC was done at the tail end of Uldir and EP progression (skipped BoD entirely).

3 Likes

Ya I am a casual player too. I log in whenever and do whatever I like . I don’t feel that I am behind the curve in anything I want to do.

3 Likes

So the take away is that you want the rewards of being in warmode without actually having to be in warmode. Your entire argument comes off extremely entitled. I say that not as an attempt to insult you but as an objective observation.
I would recommend you take a moment to read over what you wrote. Entitlement is not good for anyone.

4 Likes

The quote uve chosen Nomak makes me think OP isnt serious. It makes zero sense to me that someone just wants to farm but chooses to keep wm on.
Unless ur farming HKs u shuldnt have wm on, OP. WM is not for u.

1 Like

Possibly, but I wouldn’t be surprised if OP was serious. If not, then consider me trolled.

I don’t actively farm HKs, but I do enjoy having to be aware of what’s going on around me as I do my thing. That sudden sense of “It’s on now” when you get attacked is what makes WM fun for me. Sending someone on a corpse run that thought they had a target in their sights is something I find particularly satisfying.

If someone hates pvp, no way are the bonus resources worth opting into WM though.

3 Likes

Come to think of it, this is another reason why I’ve started to play on the alliance side more often. Along with some friends that wanted to give it a spin again, the 30% WM bonus, blue blo- I mean, void elves and the human racial is practically paying me to go Alliance. I haven’t really done such a thing since I came into TBC as a gnome warlock.

I may have completely disregarded seriously playing Arenas and RBGs due to complete lack of care or effort getting a good team together with any sense of structure for the entirety of me playing the game, but the complete chaotic nature of WPVP never gets old for me. And I get to feed off of the life-force that others spit at me for being bad at structured competitive PVP (despite never actually getting into it.) after a good fight actually happens.

Probably the most important reason to play A-side again.

However, my existence in WoW is not validated by others.

1 Like

Op…warmode and your ability to get freebie reward questing is not going anywhere…

Accept the fact you can get ganked or turn wm off…

3 Likes

OP Turns on Warmode
WHY ARE PEOPLE AT WAR WITH ME?

3 Likes

This game is not solo-friendly.
I play on Dalaran too and often get ganked by a group of horde players stealing my rare kills.

1 Like