Warlord Gear VS AQ40, The Priest Case

Phases are coming so fast, that if you start your higher rank grind today, you will probably be done when or after AQ arrives.

Of course you won’t have five pieces of gear that easy or instantly, but you won’t have your warlord gear that easy either, so I think this is okay to compare:

I added a tier-equivalent hands piece so we have 6 pieces vs 6 pieces. BWL gloves are considered BiS but since we are talking about an AQ40 set I used that tier’s available gloves, the difference is small between both so you can easily adjust yourself)

AQ40 (five pieces + Dark Storm Gaunlets [C’thun]) vs Warlord (6 pieces).

With Warlord, you gain:
+460 Health
+60 mana
+94 armor
+17 spell damage & healing.
Special traits:
+50% chance mind blast won’t interrupt (gloves)
+1sec Psychic Scream duration (set)

While with AQ40 + Dark Storm Gaunlets, you gain:

+65 Spirit
+0,94 Critical chance
+2% hit chance
+7 mp5
Special traits:
+Decrease magic resistance by 20 on spell targets (chest and shoulder attribute, 10 each)
+3 sec on renew (set attrib)
+20% chance to heal oneself a 10% of what u heal on others (set attrib)

Would you say, as a PvP Priest Shadow or Disc, it is still worth pursuing R12+ as of today? I’m having doubts

1 Like

I’d rather have the increased health from the pvp set myself, for a priest. It makes a bigger difference in my experience than a little extra damage one way or the other. The two sets are roughly comparable damage-wise, so Bigger hp pool wins it to me.

1 Like

Yes, it def is still a big hp boost, and I’m glad about it otherwise the pvp grind would be so pointless!.

I’d be glad to hear other classes’ take on this, considering that you won’t be doing rank with more than one class, so u can choose ur grinding char well.

I heard there’s BiS gear for warriors for instance, but then I checked some bis guides and they didn’t show any warlord piece.