Warlocks at the bottom of the meters

TBH, you have been high in the dps rankings for a number of Tiers. Stop your damn whining. Let some others classes get some love. You all are never happy,smh

Thats part of playing a warlock though, its a hidden passive

All I think people want is some decent balance, but there is 16% difference between the top and the bottom of the meter which is where Desto is and Demo is 12% behind and that’s at the 90th percentile in mythic. Some classes without utility need some love and a few other specs need a smaller 5-8% increase.

You would think after 14 years they could get this right.

Edit: Also, if you look at Mythic plus and at 15 keys or higher all 3 lock specs are near the bottom. It’s very clear some specs (Arcane) need some work, and Locks are one of them. In Alpha they were great and one of 2 classes that were functionable. Then by the end of beta they were thrown to the wolves.

1 Like

Although paladins have lots of other specializations which make them valuable as a group in eternal palace. Many raiders are using paladin tanks for the last bosses and paladin healers are in contention for the best. They get multiple raid spots. My point is still valid that if you are a demon hunter competing with every other player using this relatively new and popular class you’re going to get frustrated when the guild picks the better geared DH or just picks up a tank. Meanwhile, warlocks are consistently getting 2-4 raid spots at higher end mythic, even with lower damage meters. Also I disagree with the other guy that DH’s do well on single target. There just average for merciless content, rogues are so much better which is why mythic guilds don’t run more than one DH.

Case in point right now go watch Limit raiding. 4 warlocks right now against the second to last boss, with 3 paladins. These are the raid comps that are desired.

If that was true then their parses would say that, but they say there is about 720 parses difference between all locks and just Havoc. 3,327 locks and 2609 DH in mythic raids. This massive imbalance you speak of is not there.

1 Like

I don’t understand this argument. The only thing that matters is what the trend-setters, or the top guilders are doing. A lot of guilds might be trying out different comps that are less optimal, but eventually raiders will emulate the ideal set-ups when pushing all punishing content. Would you rather learn tennis from Roger Federer or 50 randos in the top 200 of the atp? The only thing that matters is what the winners are doing, Method, BDG, Limit, and thus far Warlocks have gotten as they almost always do the fat seal of top end play approval. That is going to trickle down and effect the community as a whole.

That’s just dumb, 50 randos in the top 200 is like learning Basketball a pro in the NBA. They are the top .001%. They know wtf they are doing, that’s why they are in the top 200.

1 Like

You missed the point of the comparison. Basketball and Tennis are not wow mythic progression. The point is that in any activity learning from the most skilled and effective is much more useful than merely pulling up a stat board that does not take into account properly what the smartest strategies are (here top end mythic progression comps like limit/method/bdg). If you don’t see that, or any of the other persuasive arguements I’ve provided you, I’ll let you walk into your own heroic/mythic EP raid and greet the many warlocks you’ll likely be paired with there. I am done responding since I have said everything that needs to be said.

Some sort of extended downtime coming on Monday. Let’s hope for some buffs and hopefully not a blanket % increase cause that’s not scalable.

Wish Demo would just get a flat number increase. Or buff out main filler abilities(shadow bolt, incinerate)

1 Like

if they wanna buff demo and destro thats fine, affy is in quite nearly a perfect spot rankings wise in the raid. CLF 3 is gonna be a big dmg increase, and the spec just scales so well

1 Like

How is it that i knew of this problem weeks ago and blizz devs just now figured it out?

5% is a good start guys.

This is the way of things, padwan. Locks start out middling, when all of the shiny classes are running around with their burst AOE goodness, but then rule the raiding world once gear becomes available. Three things you can count on: Locks, Mages and Rogues. Everyone else shines for a bit, but those three abide.

It just seems odd that they didnt know about this till this week or maybe they did and were just trolling us. We will never know the truth.

Ofc they knew, they always do. It’s just that the game mechanics kinda have a mind of their own and Blizz allows time for things to settle down a bit before intervening.

1 Like

I tend to think they are just a bunch of trolls but its just my opinion

1 Like

What is this RPPM procs and this 28% dmg increase coming from? Not trolling.

affliction typically has more haste than the other lock specs, especially in its DSM window. a decent amount of trinkets i believe hasted RPPM procs, and since we have so many damage instances happening to cause a proc theres that. with haunt and UA affliction has a 21% damage multiplier on its main target, factor in the % from CLF minor and youre at like 26-28% (math is not my strong suit in that case as i dont know the back end multiplication they use to factor in the damage taken increases)

If they’re not hasted RPPM, i do sense a bit of a*s talkery on my part in the original post, mightve gotten overzealous

1 Like

I get what you are saying. The RPPM acronym had me hung up and was thinking I was missing something for this multiplier. I really don’t like to raid and only do so to get CLF R3. I appreciate the clarification. In my case I pretty much just do M+ and PvP. So I don’t know that I would be in the same boat as I don’t normally utilize haunt in either scenario. So my multiplier would be lower and probably benefit more from mastery in my case.

1 Like

flashpoint/havoc Destro is actually really strong on the last 3 heroic EP bosses.

for the rest of the bosses use Affliction and you’ll do great.

Use Demo or destro for the trash packs

1 Like