Warlocks are getting ripped off compared to Hunters

Warlock pet customization and variety has always been bad, with occasional minor improvements over the years, mostly though glyphs. Sadly, I’ve just come to accept it. It helps to have a hunter that doesn’t experience those kinds of limitations.

Sadly it appears Undead Beasts are all going to Hunters, but there’s still a variety of Undead Humanoids to control/enslave/collect for parts!

Honestly I see DKs having more a “build a ghoul” dynamic, where you can customize based on undead adds you kill.

2 Likes

Warlock pet customization- Transmog for Demons. A few Skins and I would be just fine, but tired of looking at that void lol

1 Like

As a hunter, I agree that Warlocks should have more pet options. And at the very least, some cool new looks for the pets that they do have.

I have no problem with some interesting quests or some such thing to unlock demons ‘in the wild’ for them. As long as they don’t have the option to tame any of the critters that hunters can tame-let them have the fun of chasing down some rares!

I’d also like to see some options that are not dog ugly and silly looking for DK pets.

3 Likes

Uhhhh as it currently stands, the pet rez for hunters is being extended to SIX seconds and can be interrupted. They have, so far, no extra way to keep their pets alive, nor is there any indication that pet tankiness will be mega buffed.

They are about to be able to have a whole bunch of pets that are almost going to be purely cosmetic in end-game PvE and all PvP content if that stands. Locks are getting a instant-rez on a 3 minute cooldown. Be thankful anything you have will be useful in Shadowlands.

1 Like

Should I be worried?

Hide.

Actually Hunter SUMMON is still 2 seconds, Hunter REVIVE is 6 seconds, and they have Feed Pet (instant) and Mend Pet (instant).

Warlocks SUMMON is 6 seconds too, and our only heal is a channel that takes away our own health. The instant summon every 3 minutes is in no way a Net Gain over hunters.

You are wrong :smiley:

Not YOU but the hostile ones sure.

2 Likes

I think everyone is a little entitled to wanting their personal class to have more options… It’s natural and to say otherwise is just silly. Adding more pet options for hunters when there are already hundreds of others doesn’t make much sense.

No doubt druids were stoked to see the new druid form options that came in Legion and now they even get to choose them freely come SL (even the fire kitty now). Which is fantastic! But to act shocked that other people want customization for their own class seems a bit silly.

Having a pet and having the option to choose whichever you want is a huge part of the class fantasy of a hunter. Playing a warlock would imply the exact same relationship to demons. Warlocks are already locked into choosing a specific demon based on whatever they’re doing with next to no alternatives. Doesn’t seem so crazy that Warlocks would want some customization on their demons when hunters have literally hundreds to choose from.

4 Likes

Now I did make a suggestion in My undead tame thread stating that Warlocks should AT LEAST be able to do the same with the skeletal hounds which are NOT labeled undead, as a hound or two are actually classified as demons…

1 Like

Just because someone posts on an Alliance Druid doesn’t mean they don’t play Horde characters or play other classes.

I guess I forget that children are the primary demographic of this forum though.

Not sure what you mean…? Just an example of another class getting customization options and how they were excited by it. No doubt others would be happy to get the same treatment.

Oh wow, how original. Someone doesn’t agree with you 100%, so your first retort is to call them a child. Really displaying your own immaturity, aren’t you?

3 Likes

In my thread there was a Hunter who kept derailing the thread like this Druid is doing, so let’s all agree to collectively ignore them so we don’t derail the thread.

So here is the list of all the Demons and Aberrations in game: which would you pick?

4 Likes

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

One of the core things about Warlocks to me was the ability to summon demons.

Examples:

• The warlock class hall quest in legion starts with: Summoning a gigantic demon, and of course the ritual of doom
  • Wilfred Fizzlebang in Trial of the Crusader summons LORD JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!
  • Gul’dan for like forever lol

The whole point being that Warlocks are supposed to dabble in the forbidden, even if it means dying in the process.

I think it would be cool if Warlocks could gather demonic artifacts and then attempt to summon dangerous powerful demons. Then the warlock would be able to battle said demon, weaken it and then tame it indefinitely.

2 Likes

You could roll a hunter or two to scratch that itch. I always felt the difference between the two classes is warlocks wait to ramp up damage and hunters front load it. Well pretty much. So it didn’t really matter which class I was playing. Oh and hunter have a few really really hand utility things going on.

Or just scrap the warlock altogether and roll hunter. If it’s for the pets anyways.

1 Like

Taming a beast is not the same as subjugating and enslaving a demon :slight_smile: entirely different itches, like crabs to the herp

2 Likes

I suppose… :upside_down_face:

They are both the only pet classes in WoW. This subject is completely different than Green fire. If I could even find a closer analogue, it would be something like cosmetic quivers for hunters outside of artifacts.

Except “tame” is just wording. In fact, warlocks enslave their demons.

I really can’t grasp this mentality of “you can’t have my toys!” when the toy in question is something completely different. Demons and Hunter pets are completely different creatures, and the only similarity both classes have is that they are the two major pet classes of this game.

5 Likes

Yes, so it makes sense that you can only form pacts with specific ones.

Now let’s stop this foolishness and start pushing for more tallstrider colors! Also Celestial and Spirit tallstriders when Blizzard!?!?

1 Like