Warlock's 10.0 Wishlist

F****** THIS THO. we are completely dependent on a conduit/spell combo to summon our pet in any meaningful and no disruptive way. it was a change that seemed to be targeted at pvp, but applied to everything instead. the animations still dont even line up. please for the love of god revert this change for pve and scrap fel dom. pet twisting is a good thing for pve and theres already been multiple instances of it being good this xpac in raid but being too bothersome to deal with

6 Likes

Nothing is gonna matter until they address movement. They could have the best specs in the game, but if movement isn’t addressed its going to be a problem.

Would like for rapture to stick around, preferably with talent choices to improve it like the current 2 set does.

For the sake of balance, though, aff probably could use a new single target shard spender.

Soul Burn returns. Loved that idea.

Summon cast time is 1GCD

Burning Rush baseline.

Life Tap for Shards. 25% health for 1.

Demon hunting quest to capture heaps of different demons. Use an altar somewhere (SMV) to store them. Have them split into the same categories as Imp, VW, Succ, Felpuppy, FG. (fancy reskinning gameplay). Let us Warlocks actually summon whatever demon we want. They simply take the base abilities and spells of their counterpart.

Summon DG as ST
Summon inf as AoE

Demo:
Cata version but wrapped with imp play from SL. Summon DT becomes Meta into DT. Absorb all demons and be buff guy melee scrapper. Drop out of DT with full shards. Bring back execute phase mc procs and decimate.
SBurn: Implosion get all your imps back to cap.

Aff:
Buff dots.
UA castable on multiple.
SL/UA/Immo/Corrup/Agony all up.
MR to spread.
Bring back SBurn: quickly casts all dots simultaneously on one target. 2mins CD
Nightfall baseline. NF SB procs refresh dots.
DL affects all targets with SL. AoE drain. 100% damage boost target under 15% something executey.
Drain Soul to snipe shards.

Destro:
Instant SF procs plox. Big boy needs some love. That spell should hit like a truck. But it’s ok to make us work for it.

CB ignore armor.
SBurn all spells castable while moving. Can be activated while mid cast. 1min cd last 8secs

4 Likes

Demon hunting quest to capture heaps of different demons. Use an altar somewhere (SMV) to store them. Have them split into the same categories as Imp, VW, Succ, Felpuppy, FG. (fancy reskinning gameplay). Let us Warlocks actually summon whatever demon we want. They simply take the base abilities and spells of their counterpart.

5 Likes

This. Ten times over.

I’m going to be pretty sad if undead/demon pet taming isn’t in warlock and DK class tree

8 Likes

I’d love to see corruption applying a slow to the target make its way onto the new talent tree somehow, in fact i’d love to see a bunch of the less dps heavy legendary and artifact weapon perks make their way into the talent tree or even bake some of them into the base abilities (like putting siphon life back into corruption instead of it needing to be its own talent choice).

One thing that has been a pet hate for many years is the speed at which we can get our dots out there, seed of corruption needs to have a faster cast, travel and explosion timer, i’m sick to death of seeing other classes annihilate trash packs while my seed is casually taking its time to arrive and explode lol

Perhaps give seed a larger CD and/or cost but allow it to detonate on impact, maybe even allow it to apply agony too?

1 Like

bring back the melee range shadowflame breath with 2 charges as a talent please ! makes it so it has a chance to summon imps when it ticks

2 Likes

Short of not having any new demon pet models, I’d like to further expand on the transmog of my felguard. I really like choosing the weapon to fit my race’s culture with the glyph. Wouldn’t it be nice to choose it’s armor too.

I’d also like for hellfire and stones skills to be back.

1 Like

Aff damage being centered around dots again rather then soul shard spender. If it is centered around soul shard spender that spender better be a dot or improve dots in some way. A rework that gives aff a solid single target soul shard spending and uses seeds of chaos as the aoe one instead of some one size fits all thing like malefic rapture. Dark glare being dot flourish(ie reset or increase dot duration and speed up tickrate until dot refresh or removal)

Destro being able to use a little more filler I’m not sure which though. On my mind is being able to take 1-2 of: decimating bolt, channel demonfire, the legion portal spell, shadowburn(that is worth using), and/or cataclysm without really hurting aoe. This is mostly to add some variety to the usual fire as many chaos bolts as possible with infernal up playstyle destro has had for a while.

Demo being able to do limited movement while casting, or tyrant being instant cast. Cdr on soulshard spent for tyrant/demon portal. Work being put in to make the dog build usable as a raid build since its probably a healthier damage profile then peak power infused tyrant. Demo in its current form is probably in the least need of changes.

Bonus points of impending catastrophe being made into a usable spell in the general tree because single cursing feels bad.

1 Like

A lot of the issues I have with warlock might be addressed with the new talent system, especially when it comes to making spells baseline.

General Changes

• Give all specs the call felhunter pvp talent baseline.
  • Bring back fel armor / Demon skin so we have some more baseline defensives.
  • Let us choose old spell effects via glyphs (pretty please?)
  • Return pets to their former glory, they have felt so weak since BFA. Make them beefier, bring back more niche utility like the felhunter increasing stealth detection, or sacrificing your voidwalker for a big shield, etc.
  • Bring back curse of recklessness, remove the armor pen component, and either make it immobilize mobs that are feared, or return the interaction of it removing fear so we can ping pong mobs again.
  • Bring back shadowflame as an AoE cone snare with dot damage.

Destruction -

• Make Chaos bolt hit like a freight train again. Make the cast time longer like it used to be to compensate.
  • Baseline Shadowburn although with the new talent system maybe we’ll actually be able to use it even if it’s not baseline
  • Make rain of fire an AoE shard generator again and bring back fire and brimstone (the actual toggle ability not the passive from Legion). You can still have stuff like cataclysm/demonfire as talents but the baseline aoe would feel so much more interactive and fun.
  • Infernals/rain of chaos should be a demonology spell. Me personally, I would much rather our AoE damage being tied to fire and brimstone/cata/rain of fire. I hate that so much of our AoE damage is tied to a cooldown. Outside of infernal, our aoe feels really bad.

Demonology -

• Bring back Metamorphasis in some way or another. Call it something else if you want. It doesn’t even have to be the old MoP-WoD era playstyle, it could be like the WoTLK style that was a simple cooldown that could give you access to spells like demonic leap for mobility, Chaos wave for burst AoE, and it could alter your spells and make you summon more powerful demons.

• If you’re going to stick with the summoning playstyle, let us invoke some actual chad demons, not just felstalkers/imps. Let me summon fel lords, dreadlords, or doomguards.

Affliction -

• Dots have felt bad since BFA. Damage is pitiful, and timers are too short. In BFA we were built around one talent that being deathbolt. Now in Shadowlands our spec is built around Malefic rapture. I miss the era of our spec being built around casting our dots/debuffs and draining for massive damage.
  • Bring back Soulburn and Haunt baseline. Soulburn had a lot of fun interaction with things like drain life/demonic circle on top of being our shard spender. I would prefer our single target shard spender to be Soulburn: Haunt and making Malefic rapture our aoe shard spender. But instead of just making targets with your dots take damage, they could explode similar to Unholy DK’s Epidemic.
  • Darkcaller isn’t a fun button to press and the spec doesn’t need more damage tied to cooldowns. It would fit better as an aoe cooldown for demonolgy.
9 Likes

Been thinking it over and this is roughly what I would like to see going into 10.0. I would like a bit more distinction between the specs and what they’re good for, especially on the resource side of things.

All specs: Gain Bane of Fragility and Bane of Shadows. Bane of Fragility increases the physical damage a target takes by 5% for two minutes. Bane of Shadows increases the magical damage a target takes by 5% for two minutes. Limit one Bane per target. Note: this is part of a greater idea which sees ‘necessary’ (de)buffs shifted around and available to multiple classes, but warlocks niche, to an extent, has always been debuffing.

Affliction

Strengths: Sustained multi-target encounters, execute, movement-heavy encounters (to an extent)

Weaknesses: Burst DPS (particularly aoe), target switching on low-HP adds, single target (to an extent)

Core abilities: Shadow Bolt, Drain Life, Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Summon Darkglare. Malefic Rapture is removed.

Resource: Soul Shards, cap of five

Agony remains essentially the same, increasing its damage with time and having its damage have a chance to generate a soul shard (scaling by each affected target). 26 second duration, Instant cast.

Corruption remains the same but its baseline duration is increased to 22 seconds. Instant cast.

Siphon Life returns as a baseline ability, dealing damage over 16 seconds and healing the caster a portion of the damage dealt. Instant cast.

Shadow Bolt remains as a filler spell, dealing moderate shadow damage and interacting with certain talents. 2 second base cast time.

Drain Soul returns baseline, dealing low shadow damage per tick but having two primary features: Damage dealt is increased by 200% on targets with 20% or lower health, and draining a target as it dies generates 1 soul shard instantly.

Unstable Affliction returns as the shard spender. Deals heavy shadow damage to a target over 12 seconds. Casting multiple Unstable Afflictions on a single target does not stack but is treated as independent debuffs on the target. Limit of 5 UA’s on a single target. 1.5 second base cast time.

Summon Darkglare: The Darkglare blasts its target with shadow damage over 20 seconds. Each time it deals damage, it adds one second to the duration of your damage-over-time effects on the target. Two minute cooldown.

Sample Talents

Malediction (Passive): A target affected by your Unstable Affliction takes 20% additional damage from your Agony, Corruption and Siphon Life

Shadow Visions (Passive): Your Shadow Bolt damage has a 30% chance to reduce the remaining cooldown on Summon Darkglare by one second.

Volatile Corruption (Passive): When your Corruption deals damage, it has a 20% chance to instantly deal its damage again and strike all nearby targets for 50% of the bonus damage.

Soul Swap (Active): Removes all of your damage over time abilities from a target for up to ten seconds. Reactivating this ability on a new enemy applies all of the damage-over-time effects you removed from the previous target at their same duration. One minute cooldown upon reactivation.

Embrace Darkness (Active-Choice): When activated, all damage over time effects deal their damage 50% faster and deal 25% more damage for ten seconds. Replaces Summon Darkglare.

Seed of Corruption (Active): Embeds a seed in the enemy, upon taking sufficient damage, the seed detonates and applies Corruption to all targets hit. Costs one Soul Shard.

Destruction

Strengths: Sustained cleave, burst damage (particularly aoe), handling low-hp encounter adds

Weaknesses: movement, encounters without extra targets, instant casts

Core abilities: Incinerate, Immolate, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, Rain of Fire, Shadowburn, Havoc, Summon Infernal

Resource: Burning Cinders, cap of 50.

Incinerate, Immolate and Conflagrate largely unchanged, generating burning cinders on cast/tick with chance for extra on crit. Backdraft is removed from Conflagrate as a baseline effect, instead will add duration to your targets Immolate.

Chaos Bolt and Rain of Fire redesigned. Now consumes all burning cinders you have to deal damage scaling with the consumption. A 50-cinder chaos bolt will hit monstrously hard. Both will require a minimum of 20 burning cinders to cast. Both 2 second baseline cast.

Shadowburn: Returns as a baseline execute ability, dealing moderate shadowflame damage to a target below 20% health, and applying a debuff that generates burning cinders if the target dies within ten seconds. The sooner the target dies after being shadowburned, the more cinders generated.

Havoc: Modified to last for 60 seconds on a target with a 15 second cooldown. All damage dealt by your spells to other targets will strike the Havoc target for 40% of the effect. Maximum one Havoc on one target.

Summon Infernal: mostly unchanged. Generates two burning cinders per second while active, lasts for 25 seconds. Deals weak attack damage but strong aoe damage via immolation aura. 2.5 minute cooldown.

Sample Talents

Scorched Earth (passive): When your Rain of Fire effect ends, the area it was cast on will be Scorched, dealing minor fire damage to enemies within, reducing their movement speed by 25% and generating one Burning Cinder per target hit each second for four seconds.

Duplicity (passive): Your Havoc may be applied to a second target, but when Havoc is on two targets the damage your spells deal to other targets will only strike the Havoc targets for 30% of the damage dealt.

World on Fire (passive): Your Incinerate deals 60% less damage but generates twice as many Burning Cinders.

Chaotic Manipulations (passive): Casting Chaos Bolt makes your next Rain of Fire refund ten Burning Cinders. Casting Rain of Fire makes your next Chaos Bolt refund ten Burning Cinders.

Cinderstorm (active): Consumes 20 burning cinders to launch a volley of fire at targets affected by your Immolate over three seconds, dealing heavy damage to the target and all targets around it. Can be channeled while moving. 45 second cooldown.

Cataclysm (active): Blasts an area with fire, dealing moderate damage to all enemies and applying Immolate to them. 30 second cooldown.

Demonology

Strengths: sustained single target damage, pet and cooldown management, target switching

Weaknesses: multi-target encounters, single-target burst without cooldowns, movement (somewhat)

Core abilities: Shadow Bolt, Demonbolt, Hand of Gul’dan, Summon Dreadstalkers, Summon Vilefiend, Summon Felguard, Summon Tyrant

Resource: Demonic Power. A somewhat re-envisoned take on the old resource, this is generated by your spells along with your summoned demons attacks, and used to empower your Tyrant. Cap is 1000 power.

Shadow Bolt and Demonbolt largely unchanged, other than both generate Demonic Power (20 for shadowbolt, 40 for demonbolt), with demonbolt having a significantly longer cast time.

Hand of Gul’dan: Deals minor AOE damage to the target and summons three imps to attack the target, each imp casts five felbolts that generate 5 demonic power each before expiring. 8 second cooldown.

Summon Dreadstalkers: Summons two dreadstalkers to assault the target for ten seconds, generating 8 Demonic Power with each attack. When your Dreadstalkers fade away, you consume their essence to make your next Demonbolt instant cast (maximum 3 charges). 20 second cooldown

Summon Vilefiend: Summons a vilefiend to attack the target for 15 seconds and apply a stacking acidic wound on the target that generates Demonic Power. 30 second cooldown

Summon Felguard: Summons a brutish felguard to attack the target for 20 seconds, dealing damage with a cleave ability that generates Demonic Power from the primary target and reduced Power from secondary targets. 45 second cooldown.

Summon Tyrant: Summons a commanding Tyrant that blasts your target for heavy damage. While active, your other demons maintain their remaining duration and deal 20% more damage, but do not generate Demonic Power. Maintaining control over the Tyrant costs 50 Demonic Power per second.

Sample Talents

Demonic Surprise (Passive): Your Hand of Gul’dan has a 25% chance to summon an additional, random demon from the twisting nether for ten seconds that generates a small amount of Demonic Power

Going Batty (Passive): Your Summon Dreadstalkers now summons a trio of Dreadbats that attack your target from range and generate 8 Demonic Power per attack.

Lasting Tyranny (passive): After your Summon Tyrant fades, your remaining demons that it buffed continue to deal 10% additional damage until they expire.

Truly Vile (passive): Your Vilefiend’s’ acidic wound increases the damage dealt by your Shadow Bolt and Demonbolt by 2% per stack.

Legionwrath (Active): Channel in place for up to five seconds. While channeling, your summoned demons attacks deal 25% increased damage and generate 25% additional Demonic Power. 30 second cooldown.

Demonic Command (Active): Issues a command to your current summoned demons to attack a target. Their next attack against that target will deal 15% additional damage. Has no effect on a target your demons are already attacking. 45 second cooldown.

2 Likes

More mobility mainly. Don’t like Burning Rush at all.

4 Likes

As Demo and Destro main doing +15s rn:

Demo:
-Nether portal becomes baseline
-DCon not fun, needs to go

Destro:
-Madness legendary ->talent:
smaller buffs but stacking with each chaos bolt cast.

Building up to cast 2x5 chaos bolts back to back is madness.

Ty for reading, like for blizz to see

PLEASE let demonology have some kind of diablo 3 zunimassa set like ability. I would love to run around with a pack of imps. More Zoo build less or no tyrant buff build.

Summon perma doomgaurd back as best ranged demon for demonology

Return of spamable soul swap like MoP, buff dots, and make UA a multi target spell again

Return of Mannoroth’s Fury like MoP - perma on

3 Likes

My 10.0 warlock wishlist is that it doesn’t have 2 / 3 that dominate M+ and the Raid for the entire expansion.

I’m being sarcastic, but really.

Green fire toggle

Make affliction a rot spec again. I don’t want a burst window 2m CD where I do all of my damage while doing nothing outside of it. I want to be sustained dmg.

For affliction make dots be where my damage comes from.

make summoning my pet not take so stupid long. Maybe remove the CD of Fel Dom but make it cost a SS?

for affliction please decide on a niche and then embrace it for the spec. They seem to have no idea what to do with it they just didn’t want dots to be strong.

4 Likes

I’m a simple man i want Metamorphosis back and thats it, gameplay wise i like how Demo plays, i just want the visual thing even if its just a glyph.

6 Likes

tyrant replaced with meta

6 Likes