Warlock Portals

I really feel that the Warlock’s Ritual of Summoning should be changed so that you don’t need other people to summon your friends…

I mean, let’s be honest. There’s a portal to almost every major zone in the main cities now, Mage’s can create portals everywhere as well.

Why are the Warlock’s the only ones who still have to suffer if they want to bring their friend to their zone to help quest with them? Especially for those who can’t fly in the new zones yet :frowning:

22 Likes

Careful what you ask for or blizzard might take it out because it’s toxic to casuals who don’t have friends.

9 Likes

Forget that. I’d rather they just fix portals so that they at least face the right direction.

Why do they show up and face away from the summoner?

Dumb.

5 Likes

1, At this point, we should be able to get the closet up by ourself. The actual summoning still requires 2 people to function, but being able to get the closet up solo would be a great QoL improvement.

2, With Legion Class Campaign and NPC warlocks showcasing how ‘warlocks’ are able to summon gateways to anywhere, why can’t playable warlocks get something similar? I’ll be happy enough with:
a, a summonable gateway to our class hall (funny how we can setup a permanent gateway in sewer but unable to summon a temporary version?), and
b, gateways to major cities.

The existing visual graphics is unique enough to tell the difference between a warlock’s gateway and a mage’s portal.

If there’s a ‘need’ to make it even more different to prevent ‘homogenization’, that’s simple: Just have the gateway located near the warlock trainers.

6 Likes

Why should it still require two people?

I’m sick of people being content with absolute rubbish.

10 Likes

I don’t mind the use of the stone itself requiring two people, but why the hell do we need a third to summon the stone?

2 Likes

I agree with they need to make some changes to the spell. I know people would get upset if they changed it to be more in line with the mages teleportation spells but I think at this point in 2019 the spell should do the same thing. We have plenty of classes that have unique abilities and other ways that allow people to get around so it wouldn’t hurt that much by allowing warlocks to teleport.

Change it to match the mages teleport spells. The meeting stones really make the spell redundant at this point. I rarely ever use it myself. At the very least they should just make it where it only takes the caster to summon people.

#wastedabilityslot

3 Likes

I definitely agree. Our Portal system definitely needs some sort of rework. I rarely quest with more than 1 or 2 people so not being able to summon my friends is a huge disadvantage. Especially when one of my friends who’s a mage can pretty much teleport or create a portal to every other city.

Just one of those things I wish they’d fix on an otherwise very enjoyable class!

1 Like

Honey, that 2 person limit is due to player’s tendency to ‘creative use of game mechanics’.

Not too long ago, guilds have a certain perk called Have Group, Will Travel - which is, in a nutshell, a raid summon that can be performed solo, just like healers with mass rez.

Despite the limitations - 6 sec cast time, 2 hour cooldown, Cannot be used while in combat, and can only be cast while in the outdoor world or near the entrance of a dungeon or raid - which is more than adequate, they still removed it.

Because only 1 people fly to the raid and summon the entire group is ‘too much’, but 3 people including the warlock fly to the raid and summon everyone is ‘working as intended’.

So in the grand scheme of ‘gameplay balance’, i’ll be content enough if we can get the summoning closet up solo, reason being:
1, the actual summoning still require 2 person to function, so nothing changes.
2, a QoL improvement, much like how Soulwell makes creating healthstones so much easier and friendlier compared to Ritual of Souls.

Agreed. that’s why i belief that at this point, we should be able to get the closet up by ourself. that ‘third people can just sit there once the closet is up’ is embarrassing.

They really seem to fixate the number ‘3’ for warlocks. Ritual of Doom is now a sore point for warlocks who wants to get their Destro Hidden skin.

Sadly, we have another spell that really contest for that coveted spot.

Eye of Kilrogg.

It could have been so, so much more. Now it is just a gimmick with little to zero practical use.

I’m annoyed that even in Legion, our little eye still doesn’t get any update or even improvements. Makes me sour when DH’s Spectral Sight can see/reveal those hidden demon and stealthed enemies - which our eye of kilrogg should be able to do that!

The very least they could do is allow the eye to place Demonic Circle again. That was a great stand-in niche when the spell itself was a laughing stalk.

4 Likes

Legitimately, who cares if it edges in on mages? I played a shaman from vanilla to cata. They gave mages our Bloodlust with absolutely no concern to our “class identity” or unique utility. Screw mages. Screw avoiding overlap. They haven’t ever given consistent consideration in that regard in the past. They wanted to homogenize classes and smooth over weaknesses and started doing it years ago. Why encourage trepidation now?

7 Likes

They took Warlocks death coil and metamorphosis, and gave them to others as well.

As if Warlocks couldn’t figure portals out, if not only to selfishly use them for themselves.

5 Likes

Too be fair, we only lost the name for coil.
Meta? Now that’s still an ongoing war.

Because once you’ve dropped the closet, summoning the raid is someone else’s job of course.

1 Like

I’m late to this discussion, however, I’d like to make a point or two. First - Mage ports are to major cities, a fixed set of destinations, whereas “Lock Ports” are arbitrary - from anywhere to anywhere. I can see there being a difference is how they operate.

However, the current requirement for Lock Ports is extreme. There are other things that could be done, such as limit the number of players that can be summoned based on how many participated in creating the gate. The Lock by itself can summon one or two, the Lock and a player can summon up to ten, three or more can be unlimited. Or something…

Perhaps someday, Blizzard will realize their tweaking has alienated players and caused the gradual decline of the game and its ultimate failure.

2 Likes

See blizzard? level 10 hunter says portals are so broken THAT THE GAME IS DYING

seriously though warlock utility has kind of been reduced to “make soulwell, done” when it used to be a valued addition to any raid group

Portals were obviously a godsend in classic wow when people had to walk around EVERYWHERE, now summon stones have taken that away. Fine, okay. Let us summon with one? it would give us some utility back

Dark Intent removed. I’d also need to check but I’m pretty sure they removed the group buffs on demons so that we can eat them with Grimoire of Sacrifice. I’d rather buff a whole group than eat it.

SS is and has always been a wipe prevention mechanic. Why did they make it a battle res then change it back? Probably cos we made another class ability redundant, right? I can see how that would be a bit too powerful, but I mean c’mon if you’re gonna strip away all this stuff from us…

I feel like locks are just sort of becoming very generic and easily replacable with a mage

(I was going to say we’re becoming generic and easily replacable but then I saw that affliction locks are doing the most DPS in shadowlands, followed by moonkins, followed by fire mages)

^^^
They updated our cookies long ago but not this.

While they’re at it, they could let us use our closet as a rest-area for your group, and for the lock to insta-swap pets at no cost. Put some twisting nether debuff that prevents players from using it again for another hour.

2 Likes