Warlock Pet Names

As a person that is going to be playing classic and has played since Vanilla. As a person that started out in vanilla as a Warlock. I think it would be amazing if people that played back then get their Demon Names in Classic as well if possible.

Warlock pet names are randomly generated, aren’t they? How would they implement reclamation of names anyways?

2 Likes

That would be a lot of effort for a very minor reward.

Now, there was a trick you could use in vanilla, up to a certain point, to abandon your demon and get a new one with a new (random) name. If that’s in Classic, it will be enough. Not that I actually expect it to be in Classic.

I have known people that would reroll multiple times if they didn’t get a good name for their imp or vw.

1 Like

Just remember summon minions cost a soul shard (other than the imp). So looking for an acceptable name will have a cost only to have the pet get killed or sacrificed at some point. I remember having the names changing but forget when that started and for some reason thought you had a static name but regardless, it does or did cost a soul shard you then have to replace through drain soul by either a mob that gives exp or through pvp.

I don’t know about exploiting any bugs to change demon names, but Warlock demon names were random and permanent until - I think - Mists of Pandaria, when Warlocks could talk to their pet trainer and pay a gold fee to basically get a new name, though it was, RP wise, a totally new demon.

Imp- Tarkin
VW- Ormlos
Succubus - Syreena
Felhunter - Flaanum

I’m guessing i’ll Win the lottery before hitting those names again…

1 Like

My voidwalker name was krakgore. Say that real slow lol.

Sounds like a Norm McDonald joke…

Wasn’t there a really terrible name for the VW like Bahlsak or something lol?

The way it basically works is that every demon name is split into two syllables (or maybe more in the case of felhunters), and each part has a list of potential syllables that can be rolled, which are then combined into a whole name.

So, for example, taking my Vanilla demon names of Pipgup and Kalkrast for my imp and voidwalker, combined with Noldaron’s names above, other possible names would’ve been Pipkin or Targup for imp, Kallos or Ormkrast for voidwalker, and the like.

There wasn’t really a list of names, per se.