Warlock is currently not good in M+

I have been playing warlocks since TBC, pushing AOTC, KSH and PVP ratings, I believe our rain of fire needs a dmg buff, I am currently ilvl 433, I ran with a 429 spriest and a 429 ret, 16-17 keys, they can instantly push 150K+ dps on trash packs, the spriest consistently push 220K on trash, he has an instant AOE dot on a 20 sec CD, my warlock on the other hand, I build up shards, stack 4-5 rain of fire, the screen is covered by green fire curtain, you would think that would give big damage right? NO, Struggle to break 90K, UNLESS my infernal is up, which is on a 3min CD, when the inferno and on use trinket are used at the same time, my stacking ROF do around 150-240K depending on if the tank is kiting around… its just not feeling good at all.

15 Likes

I am experiencing the same thing. If the tank moves mobs at all the little damage you do is just gone.

4 Likes

The game wants to play one way and one way only, channel demon fire. our rain of fire needs to be looked at. I just did a test run with CDF talented, instant DPS increase, each trash pack I can do 100K + but still far away from any other geared front loaded dmg classes.

Lock is fine in m+, but if you’re pugging, you’re probably better off going demo. Less reliant on tank movement/positioning.

3 Likes

Even with a good tank you won’t will experience a good performance, the 4 tier piece of other specs are way better, we will just get behind by the time. We need a buff asap.

2 Likes

hey people said we would be turbo hyper super S tier hypersonic ++++

demo feels terrible atm if you don’t have the 4 pieces bonus and trinkets

1 Like

Honestly, Power Infusion is ruining this class. They keep balancing around it and if we don’t have it warlocks are very mid. I’m seriously worried about this new evoker spec.

Also hard agree, we are so far behind the current meta classes in mythic+ it’s getting harder to get into groups now.

I can have a perfect run and the other classes will easily finish overalls about 10-20k ahead of me, and them classes aren’t even hard to play (in comparison)

I just want affliction to be good again, it’s easily my comfort spec, but just feels awful to play in dungeons.

4 Likes

Destro is starting pretty strong and brings insane value via infernal/blasphemy stuns, but the new 4pc doesn’t work well with our strengths, so we’re starting to slide down. Even with 35%+ Haste, it takes about 11-12 seconds into a pull to start doing meaningful damage. If you aren’t giga-stacking haste, you’re looking at 14-15 seconds into a pull before you’re useful.

If they made RoF baseline and decoupled Cataclysm, it would solve a lot of these issues and shave 4 to 4.5 seconds off the ramp time.

4 Likes

OR… hear me out: STOP TRYING TO MAKE THIS CDF HAPPEN, just stop.

7 Likes

To be fair, destro is made for highly organized mythic+ groups. If your group is not highly skillled, you are better off playing demo.

1 Like

Well, in theory demo can be pretty strong IF you have 4 tier pieces, Neltharion’s trinket, Fragment of Irideus, a giga-ton of haste and mastery and multiple well-placed PIs.

Outside of perfect conditions inherent of log farming, demo is just average.

2 Likes

You know how ridiculous this statement/requirement is right? Lol.

(I know you do).

2 Likes

I’ve noticed as demo as the season progresses most other classes are starting to pull ahead in performance. They nerfed demonic strength and dreadbite into the ground leading up to 10.1. It was never necessary and it’s starting to show. I don’t have pc yet so it remains to be seen how that will change, but the 4 pc won’t do anything for damage outside of tyrant cycles. Currently I can dreadstalkers, demo strength, guillotine, implode 21 imps, and the damage just isn’t there. Constant PI, which is what this spec is balanced around for some reason, brings it into the competitive range.

2 Likes

I play with a couple of warlocks regularly and while we aren’t pushing keys above 18 atm they seem to be doing just as good as me, if not better. I’m not sure what the gripes are about. For a 420ish item lvl they seem to be doing 120-150k DPS average on big pulls. About the same as everyone else (minus a couple of the op classes ATM).

2 Likes

PI is so broken. I was doing normal experiments yesterday for a chance of my 4 pieces and i was doing much more dps than usual. I was like wth is going on why all of a sudden i’m doing better dps. Then i saw a ton of whispers from a priest in the raid. He had a weak aura whispering me when he was PIing me and he knew when to PI me and i was like ah that’s why. PI is toxic imo and 100% should be a self buff.

3 Likes

Destro isn’t really good till 20+ keys. Demo is far better with instant burst damage in lower keys.

1 Like

I was in a key with my 406 ilevel alt hunter and i just beat a demono with 420 ilevel and 2k IO (by over 10k overall). I wish i could say this guy **** but as a demono myself i could just pity him having to play this sorry spec without 4 pieces bonus and the class trinket. I don’t care about the “everything is fine crowd” i still think and i i’ll keep thinking that they should have nerfed the trinket and not the spec.

1 Like

yeah, its getting bad, the first week i could get invites easily, this second week has being a decline fiesta, cant increase my score since i cant get the invites to the dungeons i need for that.

every new patch, they hype up demo and it dies down a few weeks in, history is just repeating itself and nothing has changed

1 Like