Warlock Customization: More Grimoires! And other stuff

Oh. Lame. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

At least warlock has gotten actual class changes throughout the alpha and beta.

Want new pets? I will trade u hunter’s new pets for your class changes.

Bm and Mm only got some talent changes and abilities unpruned on the first alpha, never again!

Survival is even worse, not even a single talent change! Blizzard simply buffed the numbers of dead talents that are never taken not because of their numbers but because they are mechanically terrible!

Hunter has received 0 changes in the alpha and our feedback has been ignored so far. Yet a warlock think is unfair that we get some pets lol.

I think it would be a great idea, to give warlocks more options to summon different demons.

I would be a huge advocate of this, and I 100% support the OP in his suggestion.

Also, not sure what the hunter has against this. It will do absolutely nothing to harm your class lol.

4 Likes

You want to try and corral beings of pure chaos into stables? I was under the impression that that was why Warlocks enslaved/contracted Demons, cause force and legalese nuance are the only things Demons respect?

Grimoires with demonic contracts, but yes, it’s what we already do canonically

3 Likes

Fair point, technically both Demons and animals do our bidding in exhange for something in return after all I guess…so I suppose it’d make some sense with the non-humanoid lesser sentience possessing Demons like the Sargerei hounds.

1 Like

I love this - I’ve already started my own Demon Academy and my students need dormitories. Let’s just not call them stables, please. That’s sounds so . . . rustic.

5 Likes

Agreed, I propose a giant floating fel book grimoire, like the model used for our “lore book” in the class order hall

3 Likes

I miss when Warlock subjugated their minions breaking them via force of will rather than having contracts. In vanilla you had to summon your pet and beat it into submission before being able to summon it.

2 Likes

Yes, as a Day One warlock, I can vouch for this being true. I’ve beaten every one of my demons to within an inch of their miserable lives. But I only did it out of love :purple_heart:

3 Likes

This opens up so many things that would FINALLY make demonology useful again, it’s been broken for a minute and flails around trying to find an identity.

1 Like

and in my hypothetical plan, you could once again beat it into submission (check the end of the OP) #WarlockStablesNow

1 Like

The pet ideas are perfect!
We should speak demonic too!

4 Likes

Lore wise, I was under the impression warlocks summoned lesser demons and used them as cannon fodder, no bonding or anything. As long as the demons summoned are capable of doing what you need (do they? If not that could be addressed by simply adding/rearranging utility on the demons you have), having a bajillion demon skins could be solved with glyphs.

This is honestly a really cool idea, it might make me want to play my Warlock again. I think it’d be a blast to run around with a Fel Lord.

Nice post Baal! We have a lot of models in legion/wod/tbc and after yesterday patch locks and Dks could have some love in this area.

A minor demon that I would like to summon is the bilescourge, love when they appear from inner demons <3

1 Like

Stables for Warlock pets? Sure, i want my undead stables though. Gotta get that frostwyrm on northrend.

3 Likes

But apparently they are letting hunters take undead

1 Like

At least someone can have frostwyrms… I’d take them too as hunters, undead dragons. I mean control undead from DK works on them, so maybe they will be able to tame it as well?

1 Like

At this point i’m accepting any option, a “tame” system, more glyphs, even a new talent xD

1 Like