Warlock Customization: More Grimoires! And other stuff

Oh boy, yeaaaah!

Hope we get new demons too, but Incubus addition as glyph worries me…

3 Likes

Its no longer a glyph. It’s just an option now

6 Likes

First time seeing the stable suggestion. I think the idea is awesome and would be a lot of fun for locks to mess around with.

6 Likes

Lol, we were just talking about having a female Felguard in Discord the other night and how so many of us would switch to playing Demonology spec just to use it. :yum: :yum: :yum:

6 Likes

I definitely think Warlocks need to have customizable occult schools. Just going between orange fire and green fire isn’t enough, there’s such a rich tapestry of malignant arcana throughout Warcraft. We don’t exactly need a necromancer class when we can just reskin some warlock abilities and have them summon different creatures. Hand of Gul’dan for instance could just be a necrotic comet that summons a host of angry spirits casting shadow magic instead of the default imps and their firebolts.

There should be schools for:
Necromancy
Old-god magic
Void worship
Forest corruption (a la Emerald Nightmare)
Drust Magic
Blood Magic

Hell why not even some more cybernetic creatures in the style of deep Antorus? There’s so much unexplored potential!

Ah, but then they’d have to diversify the aesthetics of all the other classes to keep it balanced I suppose. Heaven forefend they try and do something like that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I think this, in a broad way, is something Blizz underestimates sometimes. I literally re-subbed explicitly because of the announcement of the Incubus option being added (65%) and the new “high elf” customization options for Void Elves (35%).

Character concept and the aesthetic elements added to the game that support that - matters to players of RPGs. In a money-spending kind of way.

And that is one more reason why I think this Demon Stables (or Grimoires) would be a brilliant move.

8 Likes

I love this. So much.

4 Likes

I do like to think if you feel you look good that you play better. It’s a neat confidence boost

5 Likes

All of this.

5 Likes

I support this, I guess.

5 Likes

As a new player who picked up the game, and the warlock in particular, in large part because of the incubus hype (been having a blast with him on the PTR), I’m obviously in support lol. I live for cosmetics, so having more of that kind of diversity in my lock arsenal would be fantastic, let alone having my pick of the litter with more than just glyphs but an actual hunter stable equivalent.

At the very least, I am begging y’all for a better looking tank option than our armored flubber…

5 Likes

You better start posting about what they did to warlocks following on from our Metamorphosis steal then old son.

2 Likes

Honestly feel like they should give warlocks that power back… It’s not the same as the demon hunter one and they can just use the old shadowy model…

3 Likes

I want a Warlock healer spec using healing demons

1 Like

This would be glorious, also completely unique, WoW has no pet class healer at all, but realistically Blizzard would never do such a thing even how awesome it is.

It’s been such a struggle to even get Incubus, let alone more varieties for demons :pensive:

3 Likes

I don’t know. I’d bet that if blizzard really tried they’d be willing to entertain the idea at least.

Still waiting on a warlock demon stable blizzard!

4 Likes

So if you recall in 9.1, they had removed the ability for us to enslave the Dreadlords from PTR to Live

but it looks like they forgot to do so in 9.2!

The Dreadlords fly along with you (and presumably will fly next to you once flying is unlocked) :smiley:

8 Likes

I think you need to rewatch the original cinematic, and pay close attention to how the warlock interacts with ‘life’.

They redirect life force into themselves.

No reason they couldn’t send it to another.

Awesome <3
I get some of them in the map, love the Dreadlady

1 Like