Warden armor achievement reward is pretty nonsensical

(Copying from the comment I left on Wowhead, please let me know if that’s not allowed, but I just wanted to see some thoughts and opinions on here as well.)

I’ve said this on Twitter already but I’ll say it again (mostly paraphrasing and elaborating on things), an armor set is simply not the right reward for such a long achievement like this.

Besides general character appearance, transmogs are the best way to make your toons stand out and be unique. I’ve seen players go out of their way, even spending hundreds of thousands of gold, to even get ONE armor piece to add to their set. This principle is even more important for roleplayers (who are the majority of people who actually want a Warden set), who rely on these appearances to tie in with their story as well. To these players, transmog is FAR more important than a mount, which is the usual reward for long achievements like this.

The players have been wanting a set like this for about 6 years now. Making us wait a whole more year is completely unfair. It gets worse when you consider players that will start to play and collect their monthly rewards in the future; they’ll also have to wait a whole year to get a set that people are already using before them.

And before anyone says it, no, this is not a reward for a year’s worth of grinding. It’s not a grind if all you’re doing is collecting a currency from your mailbox once a month. Grinding takes active effort, and that effort needs to have the potential to give you your reward sooner. This set reward is basically Blizzard’s way of saying “Hey, thanks for being subscribed for a year and logging on at least once a month whether you like it or not! Have a super cool-looking and very sought-out armor set as a gift.” It just feels absurd to me, especially considering the need for armor pieces.

With that being said, my suggestion is that Warden armor pieces should be put on the usual trading post rotation, and a mount should replace the set as the achievement reward. Mounts are always a fun way to reward players for completing feats, whether grindy or not, and we will still have the opportunity to add more on to our characters over time, instead of waiting an entire year. The trading post rotation still takes time to cycle through everything, and a slow progression to purchase certain armor pieces is much more rewarding than waiting an entire year to get the whole thing.

1 Like

I agree with your sentiment here, but I don’t think blizzard cares, its a system to push monthly subscriptions. Its not deeper than that, its to make them more money and keep people subbed longer, that is all.

Essentially they won’t change this, its incentive they know players really want, even if they don’t engage with the trading post players will loot the tender and let it stack up currency monthly JUST FOR THIS SET.

1 year is absolutely ridiculous, but to blizzard its one year of you and many other thousands staying engaged and thinking about wow every first of the month.