Warcraft Movie Sequel Update (rumor's)

Pulling off Lothar is a slight chance. I don’t think he’d work as Khadgar. He might be an original character for the movie. He’s for sure going to be a warrior type. They’ll probably show off his muscles and body at some point in the movie to be like, “Look how strong and sexy our lead character is!”

Tweet the Full CGI Movie Idea to Peter Jackson then…

Also inform him of the existence of Arcane, Light, Void, Death and Fel Magic.

The Revendreth Death Magic(Reddish and creates Shadow Spears and Zombies) was used by Orc Necrolytes, Void Magic(Dark Purple and creates Void Bolts) was used by Pale Orcs and Fel Magic(Fiery Green and Life Drain and Fel Bolts) was used by Orc Warlocks.

Purple Arcane was used by Magi while Golden Light was used by Priests.

Hopefully we get LoTR Peter Jackson and not The Hobbit Peter Jackson.

1 Like

either is fine, hobbit is underrated imo because it wasnt lotr.
warcraft is a video game which never transfers well. if we get a hobbit level movie im sold

2 Likes

In the interest of not clogging up the chat.

Agree to disagree.

Honestly if I were making a WoW movie I’d rip off Star Wars A New Hope quite a bit.

Drop the audience into the Warcraft world, at some indeterminate part of WoW’s storyline, and keep it focused on some recognizable archetypes picked from the various races and keep it to a Rescue the Princess dungeon run. Like what a New Hope is.

You could have an aging Paladin pick up a young Westfall farmboy Warrior. They go to Booty Bay and we do the tavern scene where we see all the races. And they pick up an undead rogue and orc shaman to rescue a kaldorei priestess from Shadowforge. And of course we Leiah the Priestess and she’s also a badass who was figuring out a more subtle means of escape until this happened.

Something along those lines. But keep the characters and motivation simple and don’t dig into the lore. Our heroes go to Blackrock Mountain or Naxxaramas or whatever and lore gets name dropped all over the place but only the plot relevant bits get explained to our Westfall farmboy who may be mildly ignorant.

In other words make it a fun woosh laser kapow action adventure set in the Warcraft universe. Don’t bother explaining what anything is unless it’s vital to the plot and make the story essentially a dungeon crawl.

4 Likes

But with Jackson tied to it, I don’t think it’ll be an original character. If they want Jackson, then they’re probably hoping he would be able to catch lightning in a bottle as he did with LotR and as far as I know, most of those characters were from the novel (never read Tolkien, so correct me if I’m wrong).

But I’m still puzzled as to who Pratt could play in any scenario.

1 Like

Personally i wish it was in the form of a CGI/Cinematic. But i’m curious as to what timeline the movie would be set in. Is it a reboot? Like going through the First War again? Or is it going to feature the Second War?

There is a surprising amount of people who don’t want the movie to cover the first or second war. Which is mind blowing to me since those two wars featured some of the biggest battles between the Horde and Alliance in Warcraft history. Which would translate very well onto the big screen (just look at the battles featured in the LotR movies).

And for some reason, people don’t want that…wut?

2 Likes

They’re anxious to get to their blond-haired blue-eyed pretty boy Fantasy Anakin.

As if they wouldn’t be complaining that a movie butchered that story if they did it instead.

1 Like

Because it would be boring as hell.
Just more Humans and orcs.

Didn’t watch the first one because of that and won’t do with the coming one…
Just no interest in it. Warcraft hass so much more content than stupid orcs and boring humans.

4 Likes

Not to say there aren’t any big battles outside of those two wars. Silvermoon being overruned with zombies would probably look dope.

1 Like

This would be third war.

So a movie about WC3 would be awesome, but everything before WC3 …boring.

3 Likes

I know, that’s why I said “outside of those two wars”. I was referring all the other battles in Warcraft history.

I still hard disagree on the first two wars being boring though.

WC1 had Necrolytes create Zombies(using Red Death Magic tied to Sins identical to that of Revendreth) while Warlocks summon Spiders and Demons.

The Last Guardian is where most of WC1’s Story Human-side was and for the most part only showed the Orc Warlocks(Fel Magic Users) and Necrolytes(Revendreth Death Magic Users) in terms of Orcs.

WC1’s Orc side of the story was uneventful outside of the Chronicle description which mentions the Twilight’s Hammer(Void Magic Users) gaining Blackrock Spire for Blackhand’s use.

The Movie’s Story could easily start with the Void-using Twilight’s Hammer securing Blackrock Mountain before focusing solely on The Last Guardian’s Story with Garona giving us a Flashback to the Dark Portal.

The only Orcs to appear outside the Twilight’s Hammer should be the Warlocks and Necrolytes with Medivh describing the differences between the 2 Magics and banning Khadgar from using the Warlocks’ Fiery Green Fel Magic yet not the Necrolytes’ Revendreth-Red Sin Death Magic.

WC2 had Death Knights and Ogres along with Forest Trolls.

I agree the 3rd war would be awesome; but I think they should tell the story from Lor’Themar’s perspectives, so it won’t be just another fantasy story from Human MC’s perspectives. This way they can start the movie with a big battle, the fall of Silvermoon then back track from there to what lead to Arthas attacking, also showing the betrayal within Silvermoon that lead to Arthas easily walking into Eversong then what happens afterward.

Lor’Themar also fought in the 2nd war so if they backtrack the story after the 3rd war to WC1 & 2 he can simply tell WC1 as he heard & WC2 with what he heard & his role in it. And maybe even the Troll Wars & the rise of the Arathor Empire since he was there during those times.

The problem with the First War is that it’s incredibly cut and dry and pretty bland. The Second War is great, but it’s way too big to be told well in a single movie. Can you imagine how condensed it would need to be to cram everything from Doomhammer’s rise to power to the final siege of Lordaeron into 90 minutes?

2 Likes

There are no boring races. Plenty of boring players and fan writers though.

5 Likes

I’d honestly prefer a CGI TV series. The one criticism I remember about the movie was having too many things and characters crammed in so few hours that I feel that spreading the story on several episodes and seasons might actually do the trick.

Just keep the GoT guys away I guess. In any case, I trust the creative genius of original LotR trilogy Peter Jackson.

1 Like

Who say’s the Second War needs to be told in a single movie?

1 Like