Warcraft: Eastern Kingdoms preview

Doesn’t mean anything, because by that point the decisions was already made.

8 Likes

It doesn’t mean anything, because it wasn’t even the alliance that restored the Sunwell. It was Velen and the draenei that never left Draenor that helped restore the Sunwell.

1 Like

The same can be said for the night elves and Azshara.

3 Likes

Shh, hardcore alliance players don’t like the truth. You should know this by now Treng

5 Likes

I don’t know how accurate these reports are. The elves of Quel’thalas named themselves Blood Elves because of what the Scourge did and their losses, not because they were betrayed and angered by Garithos as this book suggests.

17 Likes

See? It works wonders for both Alliance and Horde.

1 Like

Yeah, but the Night Elves have been doing this since before the Horde even existed.
:smirk:

1 Like

I really like the assessment that they make about lor’themar

the horde help defeat the legion and save everyone too

3 Likes

Wow. I think this might be the first time Garithos has even been brought up lorewise since WC3:TFT.

5 Likes

And I as a Night Elf I’m super grateful for that. It may not look like it but I usually defend the Horde and try to see the good side. It’s just that it was such a huge deal what happened between Blood Elves and the Alliance but we can theoretically throw it all to Garithos and be done with it just like the Horde has done several times in the past. “It was Gul’dan and the demon blood”, “it was Garrosh”, “it was Sylvanas” and so on… there are many examples on our side as well such as the one Dreadmoore mentioned with Azshara or maybe Arthas?

The thing is that people are quick to look for someone to blame but never put extra effort to try and let things go and move one which would be the healthiest course of action. Again it applies to both factions.

So if with past few examples like the issue with Garrosh and Sylvanas Horde is expecting if not demanding that we let things go then I feel entitled to expect the same thing from Horde players when I hear things like Garithos or Taurajo or many other instances.

7 Likes

I think it’s neat trivia, but could have been a side note. The horse discussion didn’t need to be most of Tirisfal’s description.

2 Likes

And I’m completly fine with it. We tossed the blaim to Azshara, you tossed it to Garrosh and Sylvanas and now according to this new book we are tossing it to Garithos. We are absolved by the rules of blame tossing.

Im the only one expecting to see something really new and got a summary of events that we already knew?

This is totally disapointing.

2 Likes

Not really, Garithos was still a military leader of the alliance forces in Lordaeron at the time and his actions still and should reflect poorly on the alliance, for they did nothing to put him in his place.

What more do we honestly expect them to add though? Most of these zones are 15+ yrs old now, we know most everything there is to know about them.

Something like the current state of the Scarlet Crusade and not their past expansion, maybe?

Something like the current status of Silvermoon and how are they holding their lands against the Scourge without Undercity forces?

New lore maybe?

1 Like

So were Garrosh, Sylvanas and all their followers many of who are still part of the Horde right now but nonetheless they are now considered guilt free now that all the blame was tossed to Garrosh/Sylvanas.

If it worked for them and, as Dreadmoore said, for Night Elves then the Alliance should be viewed as not guilty now that we have acknowledge Garithos was the bad guy.

7 Likes

It’s a setting guide for zones that have been in the game for 15 years. What major new revelations were you expecting?

I just appreciate the little bits of trivia it seems to be full of. That’s all I personally wanted. This world is in desperate need of worldbuilding.

7 Likes

That would be nice, but I would prefer that stuff like that be shown in the actual game and not stuffed in a book

5 Likes