Warcraft®: Sylvanas Now Available

I can Anduin. That is an even worse story. Not saying this will be much better not that I will ever know.

Calling it. Garrosh 2.0 hahaha. I just hope the boy king dies with her :rofl: Better yet make it Tyrande.

2 Likes

Of course it is because the only ones more obsessed with that corpse than the fans is Blizz.

1 Like

Its a book not about Anduin written by Christie Golden – therefore I expect it to be mediocre.

It literally sounds like she is going to have to decide our fate and it’s going to make her some hero after all she has done to cause all of this in the first place.

I may not like Sylvanas, but I do love WoW lore and the novels. Christie Golden is a great author. I have my copy preordered and can’t wait.

Been awhile since I’ve had to update my list!

3 Likes

Slyvanas is a character that would have been better utilized as a side character.

3 Likes

Idk. Id rather have Roux Sylvanas than Golden Sylvanas.

1 Like

This is an issue with the character we have no consistency with this character. No communication between authors.

Roux is a terrible person and I rather WoW have nothing to do with her.

14 Likes

That is the issue with book vs the game. Like how many times now does this make that consistency between the two is squirrely at best?

Fair, I agree to an extent. My issue is Golden’s writing for Sylvanas is atrociously bad. Roux’s was…fine. Regardless on what the ideology of the writer is, I’d rather have a decent book than a bad one.

1 Like

How I long for the halcyon days of people complaining about Orc fatigue between MoP and WoD.

1 Like

It was certainly an all-you-could-murder buffet, that’s for sure.

I’m sort of glad I’ve been taking an extended break from WoW. The story really riles me up more than it should, and I think that’s just passion for the game clashing with state of the narrative.

I’m still looking forward to 9.1, but Sylvanas’ fate really might determine whether I hang out or…perhaps put WoW down for good. And I don’t particularly want that, but I really don’t want to support a game with as bad of writing as we’re getting…

4 Likes

I’ll take Golden over the Mad Madam of Twitter, any day.

Thanks for writing this one Christie, will buy as soon as I have a moment to myself. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will it have a centerfold? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

My only gripe with this is that it is Sylvanas . . . and I absolutely loath her, especially after she helped turn Anduin into Arthas 2 electric boogaloo. (I want my kind and just king back)

As for shedding light on her motivations? I don’t care, there’s no way in heaven, hell, or earth that they can honestly justify her actions .

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be suprised if Sylvanas is suddenly a lesbian now.

4 Likes

Nor should she. Sylvanas has been a fundamental and insanely popular part of WoW since the beginning.

1 Like

You do remember the Arthas Novel which was about his Life Story. For all we know this book is an attempt to repeat this with Sylvanas as their final farewell to her!