War mode is cancer

Warmode is a cancer that should be cut from this game. Look at EVERY post on this forum, its complete trash. NO ONE likes it. Please remove it in shadowlands, it was a failed experiment. BFA is by far the worst expansion.

7 Likes

I like it. There you go, at least 1 person likes it.

I do have an option for you…turn it off. Solves all your problems

15 Likes

You can cut it out of your game by turning it off.

9 Likes

You can thank the people who came to pvp servers not expecting to get dunked.
War mode is great man, turn it off if you don’t want to engage in pvp, that’s the whole risk of gaining 10% extra rewards and stuff.

6 Likes

My first server was Wildhammer which was a PvP server. I moved to Area-52 for the raiding and because my entire friend group moved to that server, but I still missed World PvP.

Warmode is fantastic for those of us who enjoy World PvP, because now we can play on whatever server we like and be able to have World PvP, and if it begins to stress anyone out, they can just turn it off. It isn’t that hard.

If you don’t like Warmode, disable it, but just because you dislike Warmode, that opinion does not in any way mean that it is bad or “cancer.” It merely means that you do not like it and therefore you think it should be removed because you are dictating what is and what is not fun for everyone, when all you have to do is go to your talent page and opt out of it, while those who like World PvP can enjoy that on any server we please.

Warmode has zero effect on your game-play unless you allow it to affect you. Even with the Warmode bonus, that isn’t going to make you be behind those who enable it, unless you are trying to compete at a top Mythic percentile level. Yet even then, it isn’t enough to make or break your performance.

9 Likes

OP. You are suggesting something be removed without even offering something as a proposal to replace it.

My question to you is do you like wpvp?

9 Likes

War mode is happiness.

War mode is life.

It is the way.

6 Likes

I just started doing WM a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been loving it. If you don’t like it, turn it off.

5 Likes

I’m terrible at PvP, pretty much a free kill for any Horde who attacks me. That said, I have not turned WM off on my main or any of my alts from the day it was introduced. It’s the only thing that even remotely provides a sense of danger/risk. If you think it’s such a failure just turn it off.

8 Likes

I hope that if they remove it they bring back PVP servers so I can camp the alliance on my server who I have never seen show up again since warmode started. I mean pvp server use to mean something instead of this escape they let people get. I think thye should make it like it use to be and charge the cowards who want to switch to pve instead of pvp

Warmode now is alliance turns on warmode for cta or naz, stacks the shard, and turns it off afterwards. Hardly see alliance around

2 Likes

There is no other mode.

1 Like

I like my 10% extra WQ rewards for a lot less than 10% less extra effort. Plus being able to use pvp talents in the open world is nice.

2 Likes

I don’t mind wm as alliance because of the fact that I play mostly stealth classes that can avoid groups of horde players. Without stealth I doubt I’d use it, would barely be able to play much vs the sheer number of horde players. Being solo as alliance isn’t fun.

It’s not cancer. It’s fun and I like it. if you hate it just turn it off. it’s that easy.

now, can you cure cancer with such ease?

2 Likes

Nah not all Alliance:)

warmode is probably the best thing they have introduced in pvp. If you’re a nancy then turn it off and stop complaining.

I’m still keeping mine on for now until I make a determination that it costs me too much time. At my impressive ilvl of 446 pure, I’m not in the best competitive shape. The 10% currency bonus is nice if the experience is the same as WM off. So far so good atm.

But I have no qualms with WM. The sharding is still something Blizz is going to look at, but I’ve said it a long time ago that sharding cannot force numbers that aren’t in the zone in the first place. So sadly, it’s not going to be equal all the time. 5 of one faction ganking people isn’t going to wave a magic wand and generate 5 of the opposite faction that weren’t already there to begin with.

And if it’s Cryptids and Ruin, the Horde are not going to have the numbers to beat them. Sun Tzusan wisdom dictates that the Horde should not be told in advance they’re coming. You’d have to have Horde rival guilds keeping their fingers on the pulse of those two guilds, and I’m rather surprised there’s no stories about that by now.

I had to turn WM off twice so far. Once, for a whole week to see if it’ll help us get AOO, and the second when Mechagon was slowing me down. Not that I couldn’t handle the WPvP; I’m business-first when I’m there. I came back to Org after I was done that day with Mech dailies and turned it right back on. My advice? Just turn it off when you need to…

I love WM. It’s nice being on a RP server and still having the option for PvP. People like WM.

2 Likes