War Effort & AQ40 Classic Issues

Hello all,

With AQ40, and the 1.13.5 Patch so close; my server’s discord had begone discussions about the War Effort & Scarab Lord Quest Chain.

Many guilds discussed peace treaties, timing, and collaboration with War Effort to have a timed release that was both beneficial to the guilds that want to maximize lockouts & parsing, with those that wanted to complete Scarab Lord grind due to the limitations of each servers silithid spawn rates, lack of layers, and the sheer size of servers in comparison to the original vanilla servers.

In response, the 1% guilds on my server have decided to mass the war effort supplies themselves, push for one Scarab Lord immediately, and Ring the Gong on 8/4 after raid reset in order to immediately begin the new content.

• No one will be on during this event due to it being early in the morning.

• War Effort rewards will be funneled to 3 guilds (thousands of gold/greens), and people who are not available to turn in ASAP on July 28th will lose out.

• Scarab Lord’s will be gated to those 1% guilds, and other guilds might have a chance of being 2nd or 3rd, but more than likely not due to the restrictions of silithid/size of the server.

While this is a result of what WoW Classic has become; I feel that this is the point in which Blizzard needs to step in for the sake of the game’s memory.

Please do something.

Sounds vanilla like to me. What’s the issue?

4 Likes

This is always how the scarab mounts have always worked. They’re the prize for winning a race.

1 Like

The silithid spawn rates/size for a server that was 2.5k population being used for a server with more than 2.5k population.

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain they’ll have some layers reintroduced for the war effort. I’m sure a lot of people will return for this.

But yes, that is the one legitimate issue. As for getting scarab lord, it’s meant to be extremely limited. It’s a prestigious title that comes with a hideous mount. That part is vanilla like and the more hardcore meta combined with increased server sizes will probably still result in a vanilla like percentage of players on a realm being scarab lord.

1 Like

The main issue in my opinion is the event itself at gate opening. Past the war effort turn ins, past the scarab lord, bug mount, and all that… Is the fact that opening the gate is a server wide event, involving an epic amount of NPCs coming out of the gates and crystals around the world. Along with a big rp event at gong ringing. This is a one time chance for each server, and if a guild rings it in the am just to speed through it so they can get to aq40 and get their place on logs… That’s insane in my opinion vs the server experiencing the event.

Simple fix @blizzard :

When a gong is rung, the event happens at 6pm server the same day. Regardless what time it was rung before hand. Then every guild that is world parsing can rush in at the same time. The server populations don’t get screwed over by a small portion of elitists, we all win.

This doesn’t effect the war effort, the rush to get scarab lord and the Mount, but allows this one time, one time event to be seen by the vast majority.

3 Likes

It sounds like a bunch of mediocre guilds on your server want to get their members scarab lord but don’t want to hustle for it.

It sounds like the more focused and dedicated guilds on your server have an inclination to get into the new raid content fast.

It sounds like maybe you should sit back and see what happens because Blizzard will not, NOR SHOULD THEY, do anything to stop the gates from being opened when they’re available to opened.

5 Likes

You could always sabotage the questline if you really wanted to.

Doesn’t matter because Blizzard is going to change the mats without telling us :wink:

1 Like

are you on Pagle too? lol

While this would be a change, it would probably lead to an experience more in line with what the original AQ war effort was so I’m for it.

2 Likes

I know it would never happen, but I would totally die laughing if suddenly there was a surprise 90,000 Arcanite Bars on one side and 90,000 Black Latus on the other and 90,000 combined Plaguebloom.

3 Likes

It sounds like maybe you should sit back and see what happens because Blizzard will not, NOR SHOULD THEY, do anything to stop the gates from being opened when they’re available to opened.

If they balanced spawn rates and layering, these guilds could get the grind done efficiently/faster as well. No balance to this event makes it worse for everyone.

edit; grammar

1 Like

No they aren’t. IF they were we’d know about it because people probably all ready data mined the latest patch. IT’s also not something they’d do without telling us in advance. They specifically stated they are not changing the turn ins.

Then have your guild funnel the quest too you!

Would be great if they did.

They may have said they’re not changing turn-ins, but when has saying one thing ever stopped them from doing the opposite before, and with zero notice?

1 Like

I’ve read this like 5 times now and I still can’t see anything for blizzard to “fix”.

The war effort lasts until the turn ins are done. If your server goes hard on the turn ins, it can be done very quickly.

We know what the items are in advance, so we can now do it very quickly indeed.

What exactly do you propose blizzard do about this? Everyone is playing the game as intended.

1 Like

Personally, I would like for layering/increased spawn rates of silithid minimum.

I mean you’ll have a week to farm up the scepter. That was how it was always going to be. That’s how it was back then for the majority of servers.

If a guild is pushing to do it at 3AM, that’s something you’re going to have to work out on your own by getting your own scepter so you can ring it in the grace period.

I mean you’ll have a week to farm up the scepter. That was how it was always going to be. That’s how it was back then for the majority of servers.

The gates were originally opened after 5 months due to war effort taking so long.
“Ahn’Qiraj was opened for the first time in the realm Medivh on January 23, 2006, and has been opened on most, if not all, other realms since. Opening the gates is a process spanning weeks or even months that requires the cooperation of hundreds of players from all races and factions, involving monsters and quests from all corners of the world map.”
-From Vanilla-Fandom Wiki

This post is not to prevent 1% of guilds from obtaining Scepter, but asking for blizzard to balance the AQ War Efforts & Scepter Quest Chain to what Classic WoW has evolved into.

Edit; Grammar