War between 4chan and <Ruin>

People are camping and /spitting on members. GM of ruin is also removing anyone remotely 4chan connected in his paranoia, and demanding anti-racism pledges from all new members

How would he have any way of knowing they use 4chan?

1 Like

A bunch of 4chan guilds were made on Whitemane because it sounds like Whiteman

99% of redditors went to Herod

For some reason Ruin is here on whitemane with the 4chan players

well RUIN is a fun guild to slay, maybe those neets from 4chan aren’t as bad as we thought?

1 Like

I always felt like whitemane in my mind is more guccimane

Whitemane is the cutest.

All those getting kicked out of RUIN for being politically incorrect should come join the Vanilla Boys were an actual hardcore pvp guild. message me in game for more info.

2 Likes

oh vanilla boys. I wonder what real life group this guild derives its name from???

1 Like

Maybe vanilla refers to the version of WoW were playing…

2 Likes

… except that it doesn’t? :wink:

Vanilla boys the alliance supremacist guild, hahaha

1 Like

we’re playing classic, not vanilla.

2 Likes

Not to be rude, but you are severely misinformed. The majority of people from /v/ and /vg/ (video game boards equivilant in manner to subreddits) chose to play on Grobbulous, Herod and Fairbanks (among others). The only collected, organized presence anyone that browses 4chan are in a guild called Fighting Polygon Team on Alliance. Lumping people together as being “from 4chan” is in the same vein as if I were to say people were “from Facebook”; people use a site but aren’t magically associated with one another by use of a similar site unless explicitly doing so (such as that guild). Plenty of us aren’t in the guild above but just exist.

The whole meme of picking Whitemane because it was close to “Whiteman” and it being the "designated /pol/ server was taken well out of context - a single, anonymous individual made the joke and was mocked for it, someone took the post to Reddit and people exploded taking it as the truth, as somehow all of 4chan is this extremist-hivemind complex of individuals. Popular community figures (Esfand and other streamers) took this “truth” and ran with it, forcing this perception on everyone else, so even people who weren’t going on Grobbulous from 4chan fell for the sheepherd mentality and avoided Whitemane as well. Incidentally, Fighting Polygon Team seems like a very laid back, casual guild in starch contrast to most hardcore 4chan guilds in games and servers elsewhere.

The idea that someone would be so paranoid about le evil spooky boogeyman 4channers as to kick anyone remotely associated with the site doesn’t surprise me, especially if it was RUIN. I’ve no respect for zerg guilds that seemingly do not bother with any form of moderation whatsoever, so this ignorance seems only fitting. The truth of the matter sadly is though, not many of us “from 4chan” really exist on Whitemane. If there are, it’s by pure coincidence. I hope this history lesson was informative. Lol

3 Likes

Also, the reason not many people like RUIN has to do with statistics.

If a majority of people join the guild simply because of its sheer size, it’s highly unlikely they care about the other facets of a guild or alternate reasons for joining; they want a large pool of people to pick from as to be accommodating for themselves while having a specific channel to talk to people, even if they’ll most likely never actually interract with their characters or the guild at large unless they’re raiding (though they may probably make one or two friends at least). At which point, they’re basically a PUG-lite member, being interchangable with literally anyone else available in the guild. A lot of individuals from RUIN have been noted to ignore common courtesies such as not sniping mobs, looting chests without rolling, needing when unecessary and being over-all unpleasant to be around. This is not indicative of all members, of course, but having a vastly bigger size of individuals means you will see more people like this more often. Because of this, that much larger group of negative individuals paints a negative light on the guild that’s much more noticable, despite any positive players in the guild. This public opinion is only cemented more when there’s so, so many members that there’s little to no real moderation of its members, and so any offenders are ignored by the guild or kicked without any real investigation, as either would be too much work when you have literally hundreds others you’d have to bother with.

The problems RUIN has with how others treat them is purely their own and I feel no sympathy for them. Good people of RUIN should go above and beyond that the guild is not what others make it out to be, if they’re that faithful, but otherwise should find greener pastures once they’ve realized they would be so much happier with a much more organic group of potential friends.

WoW classic attracts reactionaries for gameplay reasons. Retail is essentially the videogame version of “degenerate art”. Contrary to common belief, Whitemane culture is not much better or worse than the typical PvP server

3 Likes