Wanting to setup Professions on Alt's for after BFA

with how THings will be after BFA A part of me wants to start setting up Professions on alts where it would make sense for that alt. On my main server currently i have least 1 of each class, and i want to keep my rogue as my main LW/Skinner since i am more into my Rogue (even though i have a sever distane for Outlaw cause of all the changes they did to that spec from back when it used to be called Combat and i refuse to use RTB any and talented to Slice and dice as my refusal to use it at all). I also wanted my Monk as my main Alchemist/Inscriptionist so as i farm the herbs on my Druid its easier to just mail herbs to that toon.

I guess I would like to get some input on Min/Max’ing the Professions for an Alt-A-Holic so as the profession set up for a class makes sense for that class. For example putting Blacksmith on a DK, Warrior or Paladin. I also Love having my Druid as my Mine’ing and Herbalist toon cause of there ability to jump right into fly form and lose agro quickly.

1 thing i was thinking was perhaps doing the following

BS/Engineering
JC/Engineering
Tailoring/Enchanting
Alchemy/INscription (My Monk)
LW/Skinning (My rogue)
MIne/Herb (my Druid)

As of right now my Hunter which i have had since MOP is my Tailor/Enchater but I want to make another toon (maybe my DH) as my Tailor Enchanter and just make my Hunter perhaps my BS/Engineer and Shaman my JC/Engineer.

in my head I would just my Leather Mail Classes with the Professions that would require Ore while my Leather Classes either be very self systaining or allow my Druid to deal with giving the herbs to them.

As for my Clothies i was thinking Alchemy since a number of the older patterns require a number of Transmutations I would have my Clothies as alt Alchemists to help with the Transmutes to help get the mats quicker and make them Alchemist/Herbalists and as for my Plate wears I was thinking makiing them BS/miners casue i feel those classes would best benefit just by having that combo.

Shadowlands is a good year out, might be a little too early to start making plans. However, with BFA as a model of what Blizzard might implement, I would consider the following.

• Armorcrafting professions will continue to be lackluster for gold except at the start of the expansion, so plan to level the profession on alts that can benefit from the BoP armor.

• Current engineering will suck, but the older pearls of the profession will continue to be of use on actively played alts.

• Alchemy will continue to make less than the cost of the raw materials and will likely require running group content for BoP reagents…so be prepared to run 5-mans and possibly mythics on at least one of those alts.

• Most of the gold from inscription will probably still come from rare Legion glyphs that no one is collecting anymore.

• There still won’t be enough sockets on gear for jewelcrafting to be profitable.

• Dual gathering on the main toon you will be playing for profit.

At least that is my expectations at this point.

i know Shadowlands is a good year away but I figure if i can get some of the patterns that are known to sell know and stock up on the harder to farm mats now then when most people would be focusing on buying/selling shadowlands stuff is when Id plan on selling the items that would sell IF they start to dwindle due to the mass LVLing there mains and first few alts till things start to stablize for the new expansion.

1 Like